New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244976 questions, 1084356 answers  

DearCupid.ORG relationship advice
  Got a relationship, dating, love or sex question? Ask for help!Search
 New Questions Answers . Most Discussed Viewed . Unanswered . Followups . Forums . Top agony aunts . About Us .  Articles  . Sitemap

Is it a good or bad idea to go from one long distance relationship straight into another one?

Tagged as: Big Questions, Dating, Long distance<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (24 August 2010) 2 Answers - (Newest, 24 August 2010)
A male United States age 30-35, anonymous writes:

What are your opinions on going from one long distance relationship, (lasted around 1 year and half) straight into another one?

Of course I know this isn't ideal, but it just seems to be my luck when finding new people!

View related questions: long distance

<-- Rate this Question

Reply to this Question

Fancy yourself as an agony aunt? Add your answer to this question!

A female reader, YouWish United States +, writes (24 August 2010):

YouWish agony auntHeh, I just have to ask - aren't there girls who live locally in your area?? It would save on plane flights and phone bills!

I don't know any of the details in this, but my first thought is that it's not healthy to rush into another relationship immediately after breaking up with one. Rebound relationships can possibly be tenuous at best.

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, Lotsalove. United States +, writes (24 August 2010):

Lotsalove. agony auntYou've gotta ask yourself, why did the first one end? Was it the distance? Which then comes with being lonely, missing that physical touch and affection and most of all.. trust issues. I have just come out of a long distance relationship between the UK and the USA, which I was in for a year and a half. Im not going to make LDR sound sweet, because they are not. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done. We split up because we couldnt trust each other and the distance started to drive me mad.

Ideally you shouldn't jump from a relationship to another relationship, let alone another long distance one. You need to make sure that the 2nd guy isn't a rebound for you.

<-- Rate this answer

Add your answer to the question "Is it a good or bad idea to go from one long distance relationship straight into another one?"

Already have an account? Login first
Don't have an account? Register in under one minute and get your own agony aunt column - recommended!

All Content Copyright (C) DearCupid.ORG 2004-2008 - we actively monitor for copyright theft

0.0468765000114217!