New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244973 questions, 1084332 answers  

DearCupid.ORG relationship advice
  Got a relationship, dating, love or sex question? Ask for help!Search
 New Questions Answers . Most Discussed Viewed . Unanswered . Followups . Forums . Top agony aunts . About Us .  Articles  . Sitemap

I love him and I don't want to lose him, but I feel helpless while he is in a different city with feelings for another girl

Tagged as: Long distance, Three is a crowd, Troubled relationships<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (1 March 2010) 3 Answers - (Newest, 7 March 2010)
A female India age 30-35, *avy21 writes:

Thanks for all of your valuable advices, I really appreciate them all.

The good news is that he became close to me( for a short period) but the bad one is that, he has told me that a girl(whom he met at a social networking site and lives in his locality) proposed him only to get rejected.

But now he has started taking pretty much interest in her and is even missing her!I've found out that he has been talking to her over the phone since past one month, but he lied to me that they never exchanged phone numbers.

Moreover, I'm miles away from him, in a different city; and it is certainly not possible to meet him, until he takes the initiative. When I told him that my parents are willing to meet him, he said he would visit my place.

But he has still kept me in the dark regarding this entire episode and has once again started avoiding me. He hangs up within minutes of conversation saying that he would call me back but, he never calls back! Earlier, it was him, who used to call me every now and then.

His present behaviour is baffling me and taking toll on my mental peace. How do I deal with this situation? I really love him from the bottom of my heart, don't want to loose him. Please help!

View related questions: period

<-- Rate this Question

Reply to this Question

Fancy yourself as an agony aunt? Add your answer to this question!

A female reader, anonymous, writes (7 March 2010):

Sorry but from what I have just read the man is playing you. He knows you are there and will keep you there until he decides whether the other option works out or not. Do you really want to be the one goes back to cos the other one didnt work out. He is being distant so that it forces you to make a decision. My advice is to leave, but from experience I can assure you, that isnt easy. Be strong with whatever you decide to do.

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, Tine United Kingdom +, writes (1 March 2010):

Tine agony auntyou need to contact him againand tell him that you want to talk to him properly and for him to repsect you enough to listen to what you have to say. Also ask about this girl that he is in contact with however don't come across as being jealous or cheeky just simply ask him as if you were asking him about his family. And just see what he tells you about her. Then tell him that you love him and miss him so much and ask him when he is going to make the move to come over to see you. It is important to keep regular contact with a person when your in a long distance relationship, if you feel that it is you that always make the first move to contact him then just do it.

Maybe this girl has just become a close friend of his, and honey if he didnt want to talk to you then he wouldn't be answering your calls so obviously there is something there for him.

<-- Rate this answer

A reader, anonymous, writes (1 March 2010):

Distance have been the problem. If he love you as much as you do to him he will not play with your feelings. Be yourself, what will be will be. Dont give up. Give him some time.

<-- Rate this answer

Add your answer to the question "I love him and I don't want to lose him, but I feel helpless while he is in a different city with feelings for another girl"

Already have an account? Login first
Don't have an account? Register in under one minute and get your own agony aunt column - recommended!

All Content Copyright (C) DearCupid.ORG 2004-2008 - we actively monitor for copyright theft

0.0468827000004239!