New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244969 questions, 1084324 answers  

DearCupid.ORG relationship advice
  Got a relationship, dating, love or sex question? Ask for help!Search
 New Questions Answers . Most Discussed Viewed . Unanswered . Followups . Forums . Top agony aunts . About Us .  Articles  . Sitemap

Is it wrong for me to want to wait for her despite the fact that she is engaged?

Tagged as: Friends, Troubled relationships<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (14 May 2010) 1 Answers - (Newest, 9 November 2010)
A male United States age 30-35, anonymous writes:

I'll just get straight to the point. I am 20 yrs. old, and I am in love with my best friend who is 26. She has a 4 yr old daughter. She and I have been friends for about 2 years now. We are extremely close. I love everything about her, her smile, laugh, she's beautiful and intelligent, and is always there for me. But the only problem is...she is engaged. She always tells me how I understand her better than her fiance, and how amazing I am. We hug, hold hands, tell each other we love one another, have pet names, etc. But I want a real relationship with her. I can't see myself finding an available person to be with. All I ever think about is her. I know she would not cheat on her fiance, and I wouldn't ask her to. But is it wrong of me to want to wait for her?

I'm just not sure. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

View related questions: best friend, engaged, fiance

<-- Rate this Question

Reply to this Question

Fancy yourself as an agony aunt? Add your answer to this question!

A male reader, Welsh Uncle Dave United Kingdom +, writes (9 November 2010):

Solely basing it on what you've said, it comes across that she sees you as a best friend.

Unless there is something you haven't told us, it seems like you will be waiting a very long time for her.

There is no hint from you of anything wrong in her relationship with her fiance.

There is no sexual activity happening between the two which you know she wouldn't cheat nor would you expect her to.

From what you've said, I can't see what point there would be in waiting. Move on I would say.

<-- Rate this answer

Add your answer to the question "Is it wrong for me to want to wait for her despite the fact that she is engaged?"

Already have an account? Login first
Don't have an account? Register in under one minute and get your own agony aunt column - recommended!

All Content Copyright (C) DearCupid.ORG 2004-2008 - we actively monitor for copyright theft

0.0312525999979698!