How do I make my separated husband realize his responsibilities towards me?

Tagged as: Marriage problems<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (10 November 2017) 1 Answers - (Newest, 10 November 2017)
A female India age 26-29, *OOJASK writes:

after few months i am very depressed become of my sister in law and mother in law n i decide to live desperately.today me and my husband live separate but my husband does not accept his responsibilities like paying rent, secure me and child , child education etc.

i am very tense and how to realize him to whats his responsibility???

please share suggestions

View related questions: depressed, sister in law

A female reader, YouWish United States + , writes (10 November 2017):

YouWish agony auntI don't claim to know everything about culture in India, but if it's your decision to separate from your husband and live at a different address, why is he obligated to pay your rent if he's already paying for a residence you decided to leave??

You're choosing to move away. That breaks your wedding vows. You can't demand that he enforce and honor vows that you cast aside. Obligations are not a la carte here.

If you decide to end the marriage, the courts decide how much he pays in alimony, if that's happening. He should care for his children regardless, but as for paying your expenses in order to enable you to abandon him and the marriage?? In what world is that okay??

You need to mediate how the marriage ends in court. Otherwise, if you decided to exit the house, you're on the hook for those expenses. Also, I know that India still deals in dowries. How does this fit in, and does the marriage have to end?

Add your answer to the question "How do I make my separated husband realize his responsibilities towards me?"

Because you are not logged in yet, your answer will be posted anonymously.

To stop automated spammers using our form please write human in this box (create an account and this step is not needed):

- type "human" here

Please select your sex:  

0.0312496000005922!