Are there any long term side effect from anal sex?

Tagged as: Sex<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (14 April 2008) 8 Answers - (Newest, 14 June 2009)
A male Australia age 51-59, anonymous writes:

Hi

Over the past few months my partner and i have tried anal sex. At first she was against it, but now likes it and enjoy the change.

she is concerned if there is any long term side affect from doing it that way and if so what

View related questions: anal sex

A male reader, Avg Man United States +, writes (14 June 2009):

Anal sex can cause long term effects like hemmorrhoids and fissures (see wiki article on anal fissures). It can also affect bowel movements and cause spasm pain/bruising. Remember that the anus and rectum were designed for one purpose...expelling poop. With all that being said, here are some other tid bits shared on other websites and blogs.

Millions of heterosexuals (women and men) enjoy anal play. By anal play, I mean massaging the outer anus, having a finger inserted (sometimes during oral sex), or inserting butt plugs, dildos or male penis. Some enjoy holding a vibrator around the opening other simply enjoy rubbing the opening with your finger. This is a very sensitive area.

Now, you must be careful when partaking in such an activity, because the membranes that line the anal cavity are so very delicate. Make sure anal play is periodic and not constant...and that the area is well lubricated. A special product designed for anal use is Doc Johnson's Anal Lube.

The more you "play down there" the more at risk for long term side effects.

I can’t stress the importance of communicating this desire with your partner. And for all those who have been approached with the situation and have been turned away by it, I can guarantee it’s been out of ignorance.

So many people out there believe it is taboo to partake in such an act. Devout Christians consider it soddoming... especially when shared amongst homosexual partners.

Remember the old adage: All things in moderation...and you (and your partner) should be fine.

A reader, anonymous, writes (17 April 2008):

Yeah. Not only does your ass hurt (as quoted from 'john101' haha), I've heard you can actually tear muscles down there. It can be really bad :/

...............................   

A reader, anonymous, writes (16 April 2008):

This is verified as being by the original poster of the question

Hi

thanks for your replys, i expected that may be the case so we may only do it from time time

thanks

...............................   

A female reader, anonymous, writes (15 April 2008):

yes, unfortunately she could loose control of her sphincter muscle from tears and stretching. This is what keeps her poop in ..... some gay men have to resort to using tampons. She could also develop hemmoroids, either way......Not a pleasant thought. The anus wasn't made for sex, the vagina was, that's why there isn't any natural lubricants produced by the back door.

...............................   

yes there are bad long term affects, she could loose control of her sphincter muscles by tearing and damaging them, this is what keeps her poop in......not a very pleasant condition. Some gay men resort to using tampons in their anus.

...............................   

A female reader, Tisha-1 United States + , writes (15 April 2008):

Tisha-1 agony auntWell, I don't really know what the long term effects might be, so I can only advise that she have a chat with her doctor about it. As long as you're using lubrication, practice immaculate hygiene and she's comfortable, I don't have much else to offer here.

Good luck!

...............................   

A female reader, Stayc63088 United States +, writes (15 April 2008):

Stayc63088 agony auntAlright, I have never had anal sex before, so I looked this up for you. The main problem in dealing with anal sex is the higher risk in transmitting sexually transmitted diseases. Always use a condom. Also, do not go from anal to mouth, aside from being... disgusting... you can have serious problems resulting from doing this. "Anal intercorse can cause damage to tissue, muscle strength, and can cause serious damage if not properly approached. YOU MUST be very comfortable, gentle, lubricated, and take it from me -- it can be absolutely the most wonderful thing if you and your partner study this issue. Otherwise you will become frustrated, damaged, injured and so many other things." (answers.yahoo.com) So make sure you are using plenty of lubricant and to listen and at the slightest sign of pain, stop. Hope I helped you out.

...............................   

A male reader, john101 United Kingdom +, writes (15 April 2008):

john101 agony auntyeah there are side affect from anal sex. your ass hurts lol

...............................   

Add your answer to the question "Are there any long term side effect from anal sex?"

0.046875!