New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Scary Movies

Go to latest mesage in thread

Scary Movies

, posted over a year ago

What was the scariest movie you ever saw; that can still make you keep the lights on at night?

Yes, you do go to investigate in the night, in the dark when you hear a noise in your house. Most people aren't scared as they are comfortable in their own home and chalk it up to the cat, or the fridge, or their sleep state. You don't know if it is just something falling due to gravity or if there is a maniac around the corner.

Besides, most movies, I am at the edge of my seat cheering on the hero/heroine to kick their ASS!!

Scariest for me: Jaws and The Excorcist.

The Excorcist because I was visiting my Aunt for the summer and at that time; my Uncle decided to dry her up from her alcoholic ways...my Aunt acted like the girl from the Excorcist. I didn't sleep for weeks.

Posted on 6 September 2006 @ 16:4 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Has to be 'Freddy Kruger'

Posted on 6 September 2006 @ 16:20 (London time) - permalink

WendygWendyg, posted over a year ago

I am a horror freak, and can watch scary movies over and over... i like to feel scared lol and they dont really scare me that much I just like the tension.... more over I prefer thrillers.. like "What lies beneath" that did make me jump...

But one that did scare me and it was recent times was "The Grudge".. Saw it in the cinema and something got me about the wierd looking thing in it, the noise and the way it moved, for a few days it made me feel very errie! Dont know what it was as I watch alot of horrors, was just that creature thing that got me!

Posted on 6 September 2006 @ 16:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I agree, Malyce..the Exorcist was one of the most scariest I have ever viewed, too. I saw the "Exorcist" back in 1974, when it first hit the theaters. I recently saw it again on "Movie Central" and it was not nearly as terrifying. In fact, I found it strangely ridiculous. Wendyg, you are right-- "the grudge" is scary. I only saw just a few clips and it scared the bejesus out of me. But I have to say, I watched this movie called "the Ring" with a family member. I ended up having nightmares about about this 'poor, ghastly, ghostly little girl..all dripping wet" coming out of my TV! (yikes) It was terrifying. Think I'll stick to comedies.

Posted on 6 September 2006 @ 17:8 (London time) - permalink

Serene KatySerene Katy, posted over a year ago

I'm far too easily scared, must be the tradition of ghost stories round here. The screeeeeeaming Bow (banshee) with the long hair at the bottom of the town, (reportedly seen for over 100 years, if you're alone at night going over the bridge....)

The cloven footprint in the rock, where the devil left his print chasing the priests in the 1700s. The ghost of 7ft "Hang Gallows" (who hung men with the rope over his shoulder), can still be seen after the bewitching hour of 12 midnight. oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh and the sound of the funeral horse and trap that can be heard on the road to Ballykissangel in the evening. That's enough to keep the wind up me. I'd have a heart attack if I sat through a horror movie on TV!!

Posted on 6 September 2006 @ 18:31 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I enjoyed watching David Ocorah in Most Haunted. I would love to visit the UK and visit some of the older and more reputable places where it is said to be haunted.

It sounds so delicious and wicked. *grins*

I have recently watched the Excorcist and other shows that scared me when I was younger and I have to say...they just don't seem to have the magic as yesteryear.

I liked Slingblade; not really a horror of sorts but macabre in ways.

I jumped 8 times in the opening of Boogeyman.

The rest of it wasn't so scary.

Some of my favorite "upsetting" shows that made me shiver or be revolted were on X files. I especially liked the one where Bruce Campbell is a Demon, and the one where it is about three brothers who have an incestuous relationship with their mother.

I am terrified of Gugaru's or werewolves...I have my reasons...Dog Soliders was an excellent B movie that is a family favorite.

Posted on 6 September 2006 @ 19:0 (London time) - permalink

hanniesedshannieseds, posted over a year ago

Hey WendyG! The grudge for sure! Jesus that even freaked Ant out! hahaha!

But mine, definitely Stephen King's IT. The freaken clown coming out of the drain....by golly.....I suppose it didn't help that I was only 8 years old at the time I watched it and have never fully recovered....

Also...the first Chucky! Didn't help I was only 8 then too when I watched it.... hmmm....I guess I was good at quickly changing between channels so my parents didn't cotton onto my interest in all things gross and R18.... couldn't sleep for weeks and had to get the dog to sniff out my room & wardrobe every hour coz I was sure that little doll had snuck under the door to stab me...

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 4:56 (London time) - permalink

YosYos, posted over a year ago

Scariest movie I ever saw was Jacobs Ladder. Which isn't even a horror movie.

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 9:15 (London time) - permalink

PonungalungbPonungalungb, posted over a year ago

I'm not much of a "slash & gash" fan, so I haven't seen a lot of the more recent horror films.

The best scary film for me still has to be Hitchcock's original "Psycho".

The best parody segment of a scary movie is in "Scary Movie 2", when James Woods does the send off of "The Exorcist". . . "those damn Burritos". I don't care what anybody says, that was some funny chit. LOL. Get er done. LOL.

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 13:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I hate scary films, they give me nightmares!

I think it stems from my childhood when my babysitter coerced me in to watching poltergeist.

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 14:48 (London time) - permalink

snowbirdsnowbird, posted over a year ago

I hate the gratuitous, wall-to-wall 'blood n' guts' type movies - give me suspense anyday - anyone else a fan of "Don't Look Now"? - Now There's scary!

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 14:58 (London time) - permalink

bonymbonym, posted over a year ago

The only scry film I have seen is the Others and that aint even scary!!!

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 15:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I still think "nightmare on Elm Str" is scary.I battled to sleep.

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 15:35 (London time) - permalink

WendygWendyg, posted over a year ago

I do remember a while back though I watched Physcho III, Now whilst its not one of the scariest of the Physcho movies, there was one scene where she was in the loo and got attacked... That bothered me for a few days as every time I went to the loo I had to have the door open! I shouldnt watch films like that on my own lol.. but I do like to be scared a bit lol..

Posted on 7 September 2006 @ 16:21 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125022799998987!