I felt my friend was mocking me because I have no preferences in men?

Tagged as: Dating, Friends<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (30 July 2015) 1 Answers - (Newest, 31 July 2015)
A female United Kingdom age 30-35, anonymous writes:

Hey Dear Cupid readers

So today I went to visit a friend who I haven't seen for about a while. I told her that when I was out last Saturday just gone, that I'd kissed someone when I was out. She laughed and said that doesn't surprise her - it came across as if she was saying I would kiss anyone.

Also, I told her that I had a date arranged with someone and that I'd canceled on him and she asked if they were black, white, old or from a different country - which felt as though she was mocking me as a person who has no preferences when it comes to men.

I felt upset and really unsupported in her comments as if she was being bitchy.

I have proudly been single for over 5 years now and that's because I'm sticking to my values which is to find someone I truly love. This is is not on the agenda yet as I'm busy doing personal growth and development work. Literally I've had to shut down my emotive feelings to the opposite sex and have hardly felt attraction for anyone in the years I've spent on my own.

When it comes to interacting with men, I make effort to judge them by their attitude in life and what kind of energy they give out as a person (isn't that what really counts when it comes to committing to someone). So yeah, I do simply talk and interact with men who are a different colour and age to myself (I try to treat people as I wish to be treated).

Upset and dishearten dear cupid member.

What's your thoughts?

A female reader, Honeypie United States + , writes (31 July 2015):

Honeypie agony auntI think your friend simply doesn't understand you or your way of thinking and either THAT is what she was mocking or she was teasing you, because she hasn't seen you date in a long while.

Why not ask her directly what she meant? It is SO much easier getting to the bottom of things if you ASK instead of letting your imagination make up a reason for her words.

Add your answer to the question "I felt my friend was mocking me because I have no preferences in men?"

0.03125!