New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Age groups

Go to latest mesage in thread

Age groups

Bettygirl, posted over a year ago

Hi, I am new to the site and joined because I really need unbiased views on my problems. I think it would be great if there were different age groups because experience tells me that people of my own age group or older are best able to advise me on my problems.

Thanks

Posted on 27 July 2010 @ 1:49 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

i dont think dc could really restrict what age group could answer, but it does help that the age of the poster comes up so you can see if it IS someone your age or older. Just my take on your suggestion. I dont know what anyone else around her thinks about that. mal

Posted on 27 July 2010 @ 6:18 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

around here...

Posted on 27 July 2010 @ 6:23 (London time) - permalink

IllithidIllithid, posted over a year ago

I wouldn't like too many restrictions. I know 13 year olds are sick of us older folks telling them to keep their pants on, but they need to hear it. And while many 50+ members of the site might not want to hear from young people that haven't experienced marriage first hand, good advice can come from anyone and different viewpoints can help sometimes.

I am glad for the age being visible though, so I can tailor my answers to fit appropriately.

Posted on 27 July 2010 @ 12:43 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

I think having the age range of the answerer posted would be fine. It doesn't restrict any answers.

Posted on 27 July 2010 @ 13:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

me too...but i was thinking that the poster was saying that she wanted only say 13-15 year old to answer the questions from other 13-15 year olds....and i dont think that would work...i do like the fact that the age range is usually posted. you can blow off the ones from us oldies if you want to...or not. Sooo i think i may have misunderstood the question?

Posted on 27 July 2010 @ 17:1 (London time) - permalink

HoneypieHoneypie, posted over a year ago

No I read it the same way as you. And I disagree with the OP Betty.

If teens only took advice from other teens.... yeah.. that would be a mess. Or married people only took advice from other married people. Cheaters from other cheaters... I could go on..

I think the way DC works is pretty great. The Poster can freely look through the answers/advice and hopefully get help in making choices.

Posted on 28 July 2010 @ 18:47 (London time) - permalink

olderthandirtolderthandirt, posted over a year ago

So true...we mature folks probably don't get much credence in the youth Q&A but hey we've been there and they have yet to feel the pains that many of these "issues" can bring. I fight on though. yes some of my coments may be flipant but many of these questions deserve it. Some are totally fabricated to illicate a response.

Posted on 31 July 2010 @ 20:32 (London time) - permalink

Oh, I don't know it's entirely possible that some of these kids are actually hoping for mature answers since they may not be able to talk with parents about this stuff. I mean what 13 year old is going to ask her dad how to best give her bf a blow job? I know what I'd say, You're too young for that kind of activity! you're grounded for life!" And then where would she be? I rather have a frank truthful talk about what feels good and how to be safe. THen ground her for life!

Posted on 31 July 2010 @ 20:39 (London time) - permalink

Oh, I don't know it's entirely possible that some of these kids are actually hoping for mature answers since they may not be able to talk with parents about this stuff. I mean what 13 year old is going to ask her dad how to best give her bf a blow job? I know what I'd say, You're too young for that kind of activity! you're grounded for life!" And then where would she be? I rather have a frank truthful talk about what feels good and how to be safe. THen ground her for life!

Posted on 31 July 2010 @ 21:9 (London time) - permalink

meshelle88meshelle88, posted over a year ago

Do you reeeeeally thing a child totally unexperienced with life can help you figure out your problems? I can see it now..."When my boyfriend broke up with me I got even by sleeping with all of hís friends, that sure pissed him off" or "My parents always scream and slam doors, they are always fighting about me, so I lock my bedroom door and cut myself, it makes all of the pain go away. All children handle their problems different ways, some shut down, some begin sleeping around, some smoke, drink and/or do drugs, and some become violent. I think you would get much better advice fróm an experienced and stable adult. Just bc we are adults does not mean that we nvr were your age...trust us, we know what we are talking about.

Posted on 31 July 2010 @ 21:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

If I was still out there dating, I know I would want women as young as possible and still legal.

Not for the reason's you might think. Their stories are way shorter and that makes for less effort at pretending you are listening to what they are saying.

Posted on 1 August 2010 @ 3:7 (London time) - permalink

Dr.Ski, posted over a year ago

actually, im 14 and i have experienced quite alot in my life. And i look at some questions, and think 'well i know the answer to that'. and i answer it, because i know exactly how they are feeling, and i give them the same soloution that i was given by my elders, experience doesnt just come with age, it comes with knowledge.

Posted on 2 August 2010 @ 0:33 (London time) - permalink

PMPM, posted over a year ago

Experience comes with experience.

I've gone through my share of stuff in my life and have learned and read a lot, but am consistently blown away when I read things written by those who have actually lived the things that I've read. The full meaning of some insights can only come with experience.

In the end, it's about the question asker advising themselves. Everyone will have an opinion on what should be done, but it's the question asker who will have all the details about their situation and what types of actions best fits their life. I personally like DC the way it is, but that's just me.

Posted on 2 August 2010 @ 23:9 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.12505599999713!