New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > The happy thread!

Go to latest mesage in thread

The happy thread!

, posted over a year ago

Come on aunts and uncles and moderators lets have a happy thread. What makes you laugh? and i me really belly laugh! I love a good fun fight and a tickling session with my bloke when there is no one in the house and we can really let rip. I always end up doubled up laughing, what about you?

Posted on 23 July 2008 @ 20:42 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Whoops! I meant to say: What makes you laugh? and i MEAN really belly laugh! Head is in my boots, haha

Posted on 23 July 2008 @ 20:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well I've been having laughs on this board. I love the duck joke... lol.... "got any bread", and the george clooney thing was a classic, especially when the husband got angry and posted again... tea moment... splutter... lol... my keyboard got all wet that time.... I didn't know so many adult people could get so stupid over one single man.

Posted on 24 July 2008 @ 0:18 (London time) - permalink

TremorTremor, posted over a year ago

I think old George should be proud of his influence, heh.

I get a lot of clients through work who send me into hysterics (once they've left). It's often no wonder they're in an employment office.

And my boyfriend, dancing. He's got some of the most classic white-man moves you have ever seen, and he knows it too. Just about doubles me over laughing every time - it doesn't get old. =)

Posted on 24 July 2008 @ 1:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What is the duck joke, and the george clooney thing? Can anyone let me know?

Posted on 24 July 2008 @ 8:22 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

dont no if its the one were the duck goes into a bar and says to the barman, GOT ANY BREAD? Barman says NO! Duck goes back next day, GOT ANY BREAD? The barman says NOOOOOO!!!!!

Duck goes back the next day GOT ANY BREAD? The barman says if you ask me one more time i;ll nail your beak to the bar!!!!!!!

Duck goes back the next day, GOT ANY NAILS? Barman says NO! GOT ANY BREAD THEN!!!!!!! TIZ IT HUNNY!!!!!! The george clooney thing im thinking probably was a question by some poor guy who was worried about his better half having the most wonderful fantasys about him (OUR GEORGE) and running of into the distant shore....WAS IT HUN?

My Id laugh to see a puddin crawl well so my granny said! My LADY I look after makes me laugh she has a stair chair and when she wasnt quite used to it it swivvled and she said " fook me I wondered were I was going to end up" hip 83 yr old! Yes I get tickled untill im no longer capable of anything, I do the most random things that other peeps seem to find funny love, Like we were down the garden yesterday having a pimms and it tasted strong so I picked up the garden broom and stired it with the other end of course but others found this hilly hairy arse..Me I just couldnt be arsed to go up garden to get spoon...:)

Posted on 24 July 2008 @ 8:47 (London time) - permalink

There vas a few sveedish mistakes as with da caps locks again ITS EARLY OK XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 24 July 2008 @ 8:49 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Pepper makes me laugh, I mean really laugh, big belly laughs.... I don't think she's lying when she says that she used a flower for a spoon.... now that one's really funny.... LOL

Posted on 24 July 2008 @ 12:7 (London time) - permalink

Its true hunny a garden broom I couldnt get the broom bit in but the handle bit worked and no im not lying tiz the truth...My son just grins my mate said isnt there something you should say after doing that? what I said!!!"You cant just forget what you just did as if it didnt happen" did he say..Oh I couldnt be arsed to get a spoon whats the biggy??????? My fella just grins he knows :)

Posted on 24 July 2008 @ 20:7 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

You lot make me laugh, thank goodness I've got Pepper trained to give me coffee spray warnings!

Here's something that is uplifting to watch. Have a hanky handy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h7VkiL_PW6U

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 14:18 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

Aaawwhh!

That was sweet!

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 17:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Aaawwhhh x millions, that was so lovely, and thanks for sharing that with us. gorgeous.

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 18:21 (London time) - permalink

Im crying!!!Thats so sweet XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 18:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The George Clooney thing was really long and it comes in four parts. Here they are if you want to see how stupid people can get when they want to have fun.

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/my-wife-told-me-she-would-cheat-on.html

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/seriously---would-you-cheat-with-a.html

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/would-you-cheat-on-a-boat-with-george.html

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/okay-guys-last-day-on-earth--who.html

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 19:26 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'll go and pour the wine out then i will have a read of them. cheers

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 19:49 (London time) - permalink

KB, don't pour the wine out; it's better if you pour it into a glass instead. ;) Have a great weekend, all!!!

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 21:55 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I will, but it's not the same now I've been thinking about George Clooney and me falling in love.... sigh... Life is unfair

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 23:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

PS: How can you be crying Pepper, your on the happy board... tears don't make any sense here

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 23:27 (London time) - permalink

Diovan, that was my bad. I posted a link to a very sweet video. I have to say that it made me cry too. We must be sentimental.

Happy, the weekend is here, the weather is lovely, there's wine and there's food and there's music and loved ones. What could be better?

Posted on 25 July 2008 @ 23:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What could be better? Well a shag with Jennifer Anniston would round it off nicely for me. :)

Posted on 26 July 2008 @ 0:39 (London time) - permalink

Awwhh, Waz misses his loved one...

Posted on 26 July 2008 @ 0:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

He's never been the same since she left and went to Hollywood to be an actress and get rich... Poor Wizard, ladies please be kind.

Posted on 26 July 2008 @ 1:56 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Aye..and then she had that sham marriage with yon loser Brad Pitt just to annoy me.

Hows everybods weekend so far anyway?

Posted on 26 July 2008 @ 2:4 (London time) - permalink

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

Is it the weekend already??

Oh... but how time flies when one's having fun, what?

Posted on 26 July 2008 @ 2:30 (London time) - permalink

WHAT!!!Oh def hunny one has to have fun, Wiz cant you do your magic and make your wish come true hun? I beat the arse of my guy had a game of poker n didnt have a clue what was going on, Well after we had played a coulple of games of something were we had to knock back our wine if we lost I was a tad all over the shop :) But I won thousands of chips!!!!!Yummy bit hard mind :)

Posted on 26 July 2008 @ 13:56 (London time) - permalink

Happy happy hippy hoppy thread needs using peeps is noone happy today!!!!!I is big sis made I cry with laughter when I was looking at smurf willys my son walked in the room and gave me the most strangest of looks, The tears did just roll down me little face...Thanks for that hunny made my bloody day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 28 July 2008 @ 22:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not. As of last night at 11:20pm I decidedly felt a lot older than my (almost) three score years due to the birth of my step-great-granddaughter. Maybe I'll get used to the idea, but I'm a bit uncertain at the moment!

Posted on 28 July 2008 @ 23:0 (London time) - permalink

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!Congrats uncy phil thats lovely you will be happy hunny XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 28 July 2008 @ 23:13 (London time) - permalink

ChiRavenChiRaven, posted over a year ago

That lion footage was really moving. People are always somewhat amazed when I tell the story about the time when my late wife was caught in the motel room with a full grown lion. But that lion (Sheba) was more pet than wild beast.

The thing that I do find surprising is that a relatively immature male lion raised in captivity managed to establish himself as the head of a pride in the wild in less than a year. He would have had the advantage of better nutrition as a cub, but the disadvantage of not having grown up in the social matrix of a pride and not knowing how lion social structures (rather complex) actually work. He had to learn that on his own. That he could do that successfully and accomplish rising to a position that most males never achieve is amazing.

Posted on 29 July 2008 @ 9:56 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I think it's the song in the background that gets the old lachrymatory glands working overtime, but very nice to watch nevertheless.

I once had a real tiger in the bedroom with me, and I had her claw marks down my back the following morning to prove it.

Posted on 29 July 2008 @ 11:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Where's the tigger thing, I want to see it too... Oh and congratulations uncle phil, even if you didn't do a thing.... NEW BABY BORN TO THE WORLD... YIPPIE, HURRAY!!! Did you bring champange so we can celebrate with you?

Posted on 29 July 2008 @ 14:34 (London time) - permalink

Uncle Phil, congratulations to you and your family! If you're feeling old, imagine how your father must be feeling!!!

ChiRaven, how on earth did your wife wind up in a room with Sheba? There has got to be some story behind that one!

Diovan, look further up the thread, I posted a link to a youtube video on the heartwarming story of a lion's reunion with his former owners.

Kinky, isn't this thread going nicely? Thanks for starting it.

Posted on 29 July 2008 @ 15:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks Tisha! You've cheered me up no end with that observation. I must give him a call and let him know the good news!

Blimey, I've got a bounce in my step now, thanks to you!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Mwah!

Posted on 29 July 2008 @ 15:53 (London time) - permalink

Its uncy tiGGer!!!!!!!Its catching Tisha can cheer up anyone with her wonderfull outlook hun..She has many times popped the bounce back in me :) squidgy hugs for Tisha xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted on 29 July 2008 @ 16:10 (London time) - permalink

SSSSHPROOOIIIIINNNNGGG!!! That's me, the shpringy one, 'course, it's all down to the coffee---zing zing zing---bbbrrrrrzzzzappp!

Big squidgy lion-style hugs all round.

And Diovan, here's a better link for the lion vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oiGKWoJi5qM

Remember, hanky!

Posted on 29 July 2008 @ 16:56 (London time) - permalink

SSSSHPROOOIIIIINNNNGGG!!! whooooooooooooooping springyspringyspringy slurping I got tea like I vas told but Im still da same Im going to get a coffee and watch it again b4 I get weady 4 work i'll get my hanky ok!!!!(:0) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 30 July 2008 @ 9:4 (London time) - permalink

SSSSHPROOOIIIIINNNNGGG!!! shlurrrrrpppp! Mmmm, coffee, fresh ground and fresh brewed... mmm.

They had the 2 men from the lion video on the morning news program just now. They're Australian and went back to see Christian several more times. The last time they saw him was in 1974, he had mated with wild lionesses and had cubs. He was successfully rehabilitated and integrated back into the wild. A great story.

Posted on 30 July 2008 @ 12:49 (London time) - permalink

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah this is why this is the happy hippy hoppy thread :) Someones birthday soon eh!!!!init next week eh!eh!eh! dearcupid big birthday parteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (:0)

Posted on 30 July 2008 @ 19:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Im hippity hoppity heppity happity happy!! I had a GREAT DAY!!!! After all the phoning and being put on hold and stressing and banging my head against the wall and deep dark murder thoughts, i checked my bank balance and now im RICH hehe whoo hoo... School fees paid, car fixed, nieces going home 2moro and my bf on a teachers conference... Its gr8, now i can go to school and finish up and go to uni with no money probs... guess what im doin 2moro... shopping!! tee hee. dont need no axe no more!

Posted on 30 July 2008 @ 23:4 (London time) - permalink

xxxxxxxx (:0) good good hunny you go spend and have some you time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted on 30 July 2008 @ 23:9 (London time) - permalink

I see the weather has improved there and it's truly Sunny now! What a burden lifted for you, that's great news.

Posted on 31 July 2008 @ 14:22 (London time) - permalink

I love it when peeps get all hippity happity hoppity its catching eh Tisha hun, Wonder what she's brought retail therapy works everytime XXXXX

Posted on 31 July 2008 @ 15:18 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I received the following via email from one of my good friends across the pond today. Nice story.

If you have raised kids (or been one), and gone through the pet syndrome, including toilet flush burials for dead goldfish, the story below will have you laughing out LOUD!

Here's what happened:

Just after dinner one night, my son came up to tell me there was 'something wrong' with one of the two lizards he holds prisoner in his room.

'He's just lying there looking sick,' he told me. 'I'm serious, Dad. Can you help?'

I put my best lizard-healer expression on my face and followed him into his bedroom.

One of the little lizards was indeed lying on his back, looking stressed.

I immediately knew what to do.

'Honey,' I called, 'come look at the lizard!'

'Oh, my gosh!' my wife exclaimed. 'She's having babies.'

'What?' my son demanded. 'But their names are Bert and Ernie, Mom!'

I was equally outraged.

'Hey, how can that be? I thought we said we didn't want them to reproduce,' I said accusingly to my wife.

'Well, what do you want me to do, post a sign in their cage?' she inquired (I think she actually said this sarcastically!)

'No, but you were supposed to get two boys!' I reminded her, (in my most loving, calm, sweet voice, while gritting my teeth).

'Yeah, Bert and Ernie!' my son agreed.

'Well, it's just a little hard to tell on some guys, you know,' she informed me (Again with the sarcasm!).

By now the rest of the family had gathered to see what was going on.

I shrugged, deciding to make the best of it.

'Kids, this is going to be a wondrous experience,' I announced. 'We're about to witness the miracle of birth.

'Oh, gross!' they shrieked 'Well, isn't THAT just great? What are we going to do with a litter of tiny little lizards babies?' my wife wanted to know.

We peered at the patient. After much struggling, what looked like a tiny foot would appear briefly, vanishing a scant second later.

'We don't appear to be making much progress,' I noted.

'It's breech,' my wife whispered, horrified.

'Do something, Dad!' my son urged.

'Okay, okay.' Squeamishly, I reached in and grabbed the foot when it next appeared, giving it a gentle tug.

It disappeared. I tried several more times with the same results.

'Should I call 911?' my eldest daughter wanted to know. (Was that sarcasm??)

'Maybe they could talk us through the trauma.' (You see a pattern here with the females in my house?)

'Let's get Ernie to the vet,' I said grimly.

We drove to the vet with my son holding the cage in his lap.

'Breathe, Ernie, breathe,' he urged.

'I don't think lizards do Lamaze,' his mother noted to him. (Women can be so cruel to their own young. I mean what she does to me is one thing, but this boy is of her womb, for goodness' sake.)

The vet took Ernie back to the examining room and peered at the little animal through a magnifying glass.

'What do you think, Doc, a C-section?' I suggested scientifically.

'Oh, very interesting,' he murmured. 'Mr. and Mrs. Cameron, may I speak to you privately for a moment?'

I gulped, nodding for my son to step outside.

'Is Ernie going to be okay?' my wife asked.

'Oh, perfectly,' the vet assured us. 'This lizard is not in labor. In fact, that isn't EVER going to happen. Ernie is a boy. You see, Ernie is a young male. And occasionally, as they come into maturity, like most male species, they um . . um . . masturbate. Just the way he did, lying on his back.'

He blushed, glancing at my wife.

We were silent, absorbing this. 'So, Ernie's just . just . . excited,' my wife offered.

'Exactly,' the vet replied , relieved that we understood.

More silence. Then my vicious, cruel wife started to giggle. And giggle. And then even laugh loudly.

'What's so funny?' I demanded, knowing, but not believing that the woman I married would commit the upcoming affront to my flawless manliness.

Tears were now running down her face. 'It's just .that . I'm picturing you pulling on its . . . its. . . teeny little . . She gasped for more air to bellow in laughter once more.

'That's enough,' I warned.

We thanked the vet and hurriedly bundled the lizard and our son back into the car.. He was glad everything was going to be okay.

'I know Ernie's really thankful for what you did, Dad,' he told me.

'Oh, you have NO idea,' my wife agreed, collapsing with laughter.

Two lizards: $140.

One cage: $50.

Trip to the vet: $30.

Memory of your husband pulling on a lizard's winkie: Priceless!

Moral of the story: Pay attention in biology class. Lizards lay eggs!

Posted on 31 July 2008 @ 20:23 (London time) - permalink

Hunny that was hilly hairy arse Im on the floor again...DID U TOUCH THE LIZARDS LIZARD! Was it u all along eh! eh!

Posted on 1 August 2008 @ 9:23 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Definitely not! I'd have called 999 and I deal in £'s!

Posted on 1 August 2008 @ 10:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

lol... i've got asthma, you got to warn me before you post... anymore stories like that and I'll be the one calling 999 and lying on my back.... I wonder what they told the kids.... Got no kids, got no lizards, and now I know why... lol... poor, porr man... What will he tell the guys? Dear Cupid, I think I have a thing for lizards... lol

Posted on 1 August 2008 @ 10:37 (London time) - permalink

You may have taken the lizards on holiday uncy phil! (:0) xxxxxx oooooooh watch that asthma hunny dont be doin anyfink 2 hurt ur little health :)

Posted on 1 August 2008 @ 10:51 (London time) - permalink

Benny Phil, that was a GREAT story! I could see myself in the wife's shoes, crying with laughter and the sheer thought of *ahem* lizard lovin'.

Hilly arse indeed.

Posted on 1 August 2008 @ 15:3 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Here's another story! I had to look at it for a minute or two before the penny dropped. See how long it takes you lot!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-561977/New-14-000-logo-causes-blushes-Treasury-office.html

Posted on 1 August 2008 @ 16:19 (London time) - permalink

Vot a little vanker nice one hun bet it did cause a few smiles or blushes hun :)

Posted on 1 August 2008 @ 18:50 (London time) - permalink

wot happened to the happy thread!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZphbdRvkVlI

Posted on 18 August 2008 @ 19:0 (London time) - permalink

shit it didnt come out hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 18 August 2008 @ 19:1 (London time) - permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81NeQJWGYJY right im hoping this works

Posted on 18 August 2008 @ 19:3 (London time) - permalink

yep the first one soooooooooooo cute XXXXXXXXX

Posted on 18 August 2008 @ 19:4 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh dear dear dear!! That lizard story had my in utter histerics! :-) My mother now thinks i'm officially stark raving bonkers...mind you staring at a computer screen all day looking at uni course, and writing 10 pages on american politics can do that to you....oh deary me...that was hilyarse indeed ;-)

Posted on 18 August 2008 @ 19:36 (London time) - permalink

Nothing can give u a good old hard laugh than a lizard eh hun XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 18 August 2008 @ 20:22 (London time) - permalink

Sofia, on behalf of the American people, may I apologize for the state of American politics.

xxx

Posted on 18 August 2008 @ 21:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Tisha thank you! Fortunately I have finished all of that...for now anyway. Onto my reading list which is still about 4ft high...and I've already read 6 of the books!

Anyway as this is the happy thread...I will say that I am indeed very happy, life has finally turned good after a hellish 8 months or so (my mother being critically ill, my having exams, a friend of mine with a serious eating disorder, family issues, my not looking after myself and so on) So yes I'm happy, really happy :-))

Posted on 19 August 2008 @ 14:49 (London time) - permalink

Oh sweety you have had a horrible few months now we need to make you even more happy :)

If I could bottle up and

Sell a wonder drug

Then I would choose to bottle up

A warm and loving hug

For nothing is much better

As a tonic for a cure

Then just a little hug that can

Chase away a tear!

(((((((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted on 19 August 2008 @ 16:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Awwww Pepper that is so swweet! It really is much appreciated. I have had a really rough couple of months and I'm just starting to get back to being me again. Which isn't fair as I don't feel like I've had a real break...I go back to school at the beginning of september...oh well I've got to be thankful for everything...I'm happy, I'm here, I've got a wonderful family and friends. :-)

~~I'm sending you a hug today~~

Sometimes it's nice

to get an unexpected hug

for no other reason than

just because you're loved

So while you're reading

these words

don't think of them as just words...

Think of each one as a hug

for your heart form mine!

(((((((((((((((hugs to all)))))))))))))))))

Posted on 19 August 2008 @ 18:9 (London time) - permalink

Ahhhhh! sweetheart thats just what I needed 2day thanku, hope your feeling better LOTS OF LOVE N SQUIDGY HUGS ME XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 21 August 2008 @ 19:55 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Daddy's Poem

Her hair was up in a ponytail, her favourite dress tied with a bow.

Today was Daddy's Day at school, and she couldn't wait to go.

But her mummy tried to tell her, that she probably should stay home.

Why the kids might not understand, if she went to school alone.

But she was not afraid; she knew just what to say.

What to tell her classmates of why he wasn't there today.

But still her mother worried, for her to face this day alone.

And that was why once again, she tried to keep her daughter home.

But the little girl went to school eager to tell them all.

About a dad she never sees ,a dad who never calls.

There were daddies along the back wall, for everyone to meet.

Children squirming impatiently, anxious in their seats

One by one the teacher called a student from the class.

To introduce their daddy, as seconds slowly passed.

At last the teacher called her name, every child turned to stare.

Each of them was searching, for a man who wasn't there.

'Where's her daddy at?' She heard a boy call out.

'She probably doesn't have one,' another student dared to shout

And from somewhere near the back,

she heard a daddy say, 'Looks like another deadbeat dad,

too busy to waste his day.'

The words did not offend her,as she smiled up at her Mum.

And looked back at her teacher, who told her to go on.

And with hands behind her back, slowly she began to speak.

And out from the mouth of a child, came words incredibly unique.'

My Daddy couldn't be here, because he lives so far away.

But I know he wishes he could be, since this is such a special day.

And though you cannot meet him, I wanted you to know.

All about my daddy, and how much he loves me so.

He loved to tell me stories he taught me to ride my bike.

He surprised me with pink roses, and taught me to fly a kite.

We used to share fudge sundaes, and ice cream in a cone.

And though you cannot see him. I'm not standing here alone.

'Cause my daddy's always with me, even though we are apart

I know because he told me, he'll forever be in my heart'

With that, her little hand reached up, and lay across her chest.

Feeling her own heartbeat, beneath her favourite dress.

And from somewhere in the crowd of dads, her mother stood in tears.

Proudly watching her daughter, who was wise beyond her years.

for she stood up for the love of a man not in her life.

Doing what was best for her, doing what was right.

And when she dropped her hand back down, staring straight into the crowd.

She finished with a voice so soft, but its message clear and loud.

'I love my daddy very much, he's my shining star.

And if he could, he'd be here, but heaven's just too far.

You see he is a soldier and died just this past year

When a roadside bomb hit his convoy and taught brave men to fear.

But sometimes when I close my eyes, it's like he never went away.'

And then she closed her eyes, and saw him there that day.

And to her mother's amazement, she witnessed with surprise.

a room full of daddies and children, all starting to close their eyes.

Who knows what they saw before them, who knows what they felt inside.

Perhaps for merely a second, they saw him at her side.

'I know you're with me Daddy, 'to the silence she called out.

And what happened next made believers, of those once filled with doubt.

Not one in that room could explain it, for each of their eyes had been closed.

But there on the desk beside her, was a fragrant long-stemmed pink rose.

And a child was blessed, if only for a moment by the love of her shining star.

And given the gift of believing that heaven is never too far.

Posted on 3 October 2008 @ 11:51 (London time) - permalink

Making new friends is a wonderful feeling

If just for a moment

They're a natural healing.

If something should blossom

Between them and I

I'll tell you right now

It wont make me cry.

And if nothing should happen

That's alright too

My life'll still be happy

With such friends like you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NB.

If truth be known - in all my years up 'til now, I've made and found genuine friends here on Dear Cupid, since March. So I'd just like to take this opportunity to say;

Thank you - one and all.

BigSis

xXx

: )

Posted on 6 October 2008 @ 18:54 (London time) - permalink

You two silly buggers made me cry XXXXXXX

Posted on 6 October 2008 @ 19:23 (London time) - permalink

Happy happy talk - happy talk

Talk about things you like to do

You got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream

How you gonna have a dream come true?

Talk about the moon floating in the sky

Looking at a lily on the lake

Talk about a bird learning how to fly

Making all the music he can make!

Happy talk, keep talking happy talk

How you come not have a dream come true?

Talk about the sparrow looking like a toy

Peeking through the branches of a tree

Talk about the girl, talk about the boy

Counting all the ripples on the sea

Talk about the boy saying to the girl

Golly, baby, I'm a lucky cuss

Talk about the girl saying to the boy

You an' me is lucky to be us

If you don't talk happy, and you never have dream

Then you'll never have a dream come true!

It's good idea, you like? Ah ah ah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Have some respect Pepper! It's Ms Silly Bugger to you!*

: p

Posted on 6 October 2008 @ 20:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Here I am.Its 12:00 am.I am bawling my eyes out on reading Uncle Phil's little girl story.Must be post-delivery hormones.I thank the lord the day I found this site and got to meet great guys like you

Posted on 20 October 2008 @ 19:49 (London time) - permalink

: )

(\bs/)

(='.'=)

(')_(')

Posted on 20 October 2008 @ 20:33 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.171851099999913!