New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Odd mails. Spam?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Odd mails. Spam?

LazyGuyLazyGuy, posted over a year ago

Anyone else getting mails that seems to invite contacting them via email for...

Well that isn't entirely clear. Is it a form of spam?

"

Hai,

I have the feeling that this piece of mail will reach you in a perfect state of mind and in a better healthy condition. While searching through the (dearcupid.org ), I came accross your profile and decided to contact you. I believe and also have the feeling that in todays world, neither race, nationality nor religion will any longer posse a barrier to male/female relationships.And i also believe that age has nothing to do with true and real love relationship.

What i believe is love and honest, Although, we do not know each other well but I will really like to have you as a friend or pen pal if that is better for you.I am a single lady of 25years old, currently studding international relations at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), a citizen of the United States of America residing in Los Angeles with my parents, brothers and sisters. Presently, I am doing my final year in the University and so anxious to graduate from the University into the free world.

While I hope to hear from you soon,I also look forward to receiving some information concerning you, your family, country and even your personal life experiences.

This will give us the opportunity of knowing each other better and be able to understand ourselves more.

You can write me back with my private email: [email address blocked]

May God bless you as I wait to hear from you soon.

Thanks yours Kerri."

Posted on 27 March 2008 @ 15:20 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

I got an email through this site (which I was surprised about) telling me this long fake story about needing to retrieve money from an overseas bank account, and could I help them!

Posted on 27 March 2008 @ 15:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I also got one similar to the one that LazyGuy got and just deleated it. I got it last week, but I forget the name of the person who wrote it. The email address was not blocked however.

Posted on 27 March 2008 @ 16:11 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I get quite a bit of spam mail on here.

If the English is really broken I report it as Spam (so that Andrew can make sure other people arn't spammed and potentially conned) and alternatively, if there are no indications that the author hasn't just copied and pasted the same message to everyone they could find then it gets ignored.

Posted on 27 March 2008 @ 17:7 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

I haven't had any spam messages in my mailbox.

Posted on 27 March 2008 @ 17:35 (London time) - permalink

DanielepewDanielepew, posted over a year ago

I had this one:

Dearest,

Im a loving lady who is really seeking for my true partner to share the rest of my life with. I know that the race is not for the poor or rich, neither the swift nor strong but time and chances happens... am very gentle, kind, caring and good thinking person that doesn`t like any one who promise and fail, tell lies and someone that is not responsible. HE SHOULD BE LOVING, TRUST WORTHY, CARING AND FUL... I am an interesting woman, to be with, i am down to earth, and i like natural things. My way of life is simple and ideal. I am an outgoing person, and a very romantic woman who loves Romantic Challenges. True love never dies for it is lust that fades away. Love bonds for a lifetime but lust just pushes away. If True Love, kindly reply me through my personal email address: (email deleted)

I Cherish You,

Posted on 4 April 2008 @ 18:38 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

It's spam. If you get one of these report it to me we have anti-spam technology in place but occasionally some garbage gets through. Please, ALWAYS let me know :-)

Thanks

Andrew

Posted on 5 April 2008 @ 11:0 (London time) - permalink

DanielepewDanielepew, posted over a year ago

Here's another potential scam:

Hello

My Name is Nelly i whent to your profil today at dearcupid.org and i love it i think we can from there click through my email adress thus;([email address blocked])

i am waiting for your lovely reply soonest because i need your comuncation so we can share blessing and understanding life which som have never test and understand so try to send an email to me so i can give you my picture so you can see who iam and i will tell you all of my detall ok

i am looking for your reply soon

i am the one want to be your frend

have a wonderfull day

yours

Nelly

Posted on 17 April 2008 @ 21:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I got one of these today too. Reported it as spam. Another Nigerian fraudster?

What do they want, I wonder. It can't be my body, that's for sure!

And the name! Nelly! Good grief. Whenever was anyone christened Nelly in the last 50 years? There's Nelly Pledge, of course, but I don't think she counts.

Posted on 17 April 2008 @ 22:58 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Anyone else get this one? I assume it's spam, but just wondered...

Copy of PM:

Subject: Hello, from ndeyebaby on 23 April 2008 (4 hours ago )

[Block ndeyebaby from sending you private mail, or Report spam message]

Hello

I saw your profile today at (dearcupid.org)

and became interested in knowing more about you for a sweet relationship.

my name is Linda,I will appreciate if we get acquinted as soon as

possible and my e-mail address is([email address blocked])

I look forward to hear from you soonest.

From Ndeye Linda..

Posted on 23 April 2008 @ 13:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi Tisha, I got that message as well. Another spamster at work here. I think this user account has now, been completely disabled.

Gosh, this coffee is going down good this morning! How about you? I am trying mine with a 'hazelnut' creamer...sooo good. Time for a 2nd cup!

Posted on 23 April 2008 @ 14:46 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

Morning All,

Yep, I've gotten one about 5 weeks ago and just got another this week, always in incredibly broken English. You seem interesting, I wish to be friends, please contact me on my e-mail, blah, blah blah. Is it the programming that blocks e-mail addresses or the Moderators, because it's been ages since I've seen an e-mail address pop up - either way - GOOD WORK. Those spamsters are tenacious little critters... Ooooh, Coffee, good idea.

Posted on 23 April 2008 @ 14:58 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.12503000000288!