New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Nmaes of Aunt's and Uncle's

Go to latest mesage in thread

Nmaes of Aunt's and Uncle's

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

I am curious as to why people have chosen the names they write under? Again it is like the age/sex/location thing.....why did you pick your name and what do you think it says about you or others?

To start I am Willywombat because I call my son that and I was called that as a kid. reminds me of my (now deceased) Dad. Just an old nickname.

Posted on 6 January 2007 @ 15:34 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

SPELL CHECK!! B*GGER!!

NAMES!

Posted on 6 January 2007 @ 15:34 (London time) - permalink

NikitaNikita, posted over a year ago

i called myself Nikita after a character in a book. She was tall blonde and stunningly beautiful just like me;0

Posted on 6 January 2007 @ 17:0 (London time) - permalink

Lilly223Lilly223, posted over a year ago

I picked Lilly a long long time ago...LOL!! It was the name of my alter ego... can't believe I'm telling you guys this...LOL... but I'd call my bf up at work when I was feeling especially frisky and up for an exciting evening and announce to him in a naughty and suggestive voice..."Hi, this is Lilly. Your girlfriend has gone out for the evening and you better get your little ass home directly after work. You have work to do here, UNDERSTAND? Little Boy?!" Worked everytime!! :) hee hee hee!

Posted on 6 January 2007 @ 17:46 (London time) - permalink

David LewisDavid Lewis, posted over a year ago

Well funnily enough, I never actualy chose my name. I can blame my mother for that one, lol.

Posted on 6 January 2007 @ 18:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I like to play MUD games online and have my interests in the Gothic world. No, they do not worship Satan...please educate yourselves.

My name was a spin I created off of Alison. I came up with Malyce-Synn.

My online multi user domain character was a shade and cleric. It was most difficult to get her to a level where she could kick butt and being that I was the first one to use a character that was used for "evil" and somehow discovered how powerful she was being good and a fighter with magic...one of the MODS took her out of the fridge and used her as his own character.

A most boring history but for someone; they know what I am talking about and think it's cool.

*grins*

Posted on 6 January 2007 @ 19:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Willy, great idea! I was about to start a thread like this last week as well.

Malyce, I found MUD's same as the traditional pen, paper, dice role playing games of yesterday. Unfortunately, I am stuck in the MMO world now. I tried DuneMUD but blah.

Anyway, I joined DC in January 2006 due to relationship troubles. At the time, I picked out a nickname that was easy to remember, thinking that I was never coming back here after my fall-out/fall-in with my gf back then.

Humorously, recently I did an online fun quiz on what Halloween costume I would be and the results said I would "A Martini".

I guess if you think about it, a Martini isn't exactly the easiest thing to swallow for those who don't like hard liquor, and it can taste horrible for those who despise gin and dry vermouth. Then again, it's an acquired taste... 8]

Anyhow, the name stuck, and I'm using it in various places now as well.

Posted on 6 January 2007 @ 20:41 (London time) - permalink

SexybumSexybum, posted over a year ago

My name stemmed from the 'silly' nicknames that me and my othe rhalf were inventing for each other. We were calling each other babygurl and babyboy.... seems really cheesy and now! hehehehe how soppy.

I was on holiday one day and all hyper, I signed my email Babygurl sexybum gorgeous... was getting just a tad carried away with the whole nickname thing. Anyway Sexybum stuck more than anything.

It shows that a) I have a sexybum b0 I have a sense of humour and c) I can be just a tad soppy and sentimental mixed in with random crazziness if necessery!!!!

Posted on 7 January 2007 @ 14:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I came up with "Irish49' simply because I have no darned imagination...unlike the rest of you. :) Lol. Actually, I have a variety of heritages running through my veins. But being irish (canadian) is pre-dominant.

Posted on 7 January 2007 @ 16:13 (London time) - permalink

eddieeddie, posted over a year ago

I got eddie from a singer I like. It's the first name of a salsa singer...Eddie Santiago.

Posted on 7 January 2007 @ 20:36 (London time) - permalink

vina_101vina_101, posted over a year ago

Well my real name is Davina and everyone in my family calls me Vina for short (my friends call me Dav) and so I just decided to call myself vina_101 because I figured no one else would have that name. Not very creative I know, but there you go that's why I have this name.

Posted on 8 January 2007 @ 9:13 (London time) - permalink

stinastina, posted over a year ago

well, my username is stina because that's one of the names I go by. several years ago one of my friends called me stina triangle-pants trying to be coot-snoot one day, and it kinda stuck (well, not the triangle-pants part. lol) but people either call me christina, stina or chris. i like stina the best out of them all because there aren't too many people with that name. :)

sexybum - i was wondering how/why you picked that name! hee hee

Posted on 8 January 2007 @ 15:25 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124946900001305!