New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Grumble, grumble

Go to latest mesage in thread

Grumble, grumble

curious0hotcurious0hot, posted over a year ago

So,

Does anyone else think you give good advice, but your rating is low anyway?

Because I do, lol.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 13:7 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

yes. You just have to try to forget the ratings. I went several days without answering any, then answered one. Thought it was a good sensible answer and my ratings fell .5! And then this past week it went back up and i have no idea why. Lol, mal

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 14:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I completely agree, Deb. Wise words! My suggestion to all users--stay off the ratings page. It just starts to annoy and make an Aunt feel badly. One should not put too much of one's own self-value, based on some silly numbers. Ignore it, be the best you can be and just keep giving the best, most insightful advice you can muster up. That's my take on it. :)

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 16:30 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I am pretty sure that low ratings mean that you are giving the poster truth. And it is a truth that he doesn't want to hear. Rather than hear the truth and take good hard look at themselves and their predicament, it is easier to call you names and pout and score you low. Every one is into the twenty first century feel good narcissism and would rather doom a poster to further entanglement in a compromising situation than to risk hurting their feelings with a solid dose of the truth.

The people that pass through behind your posting are consumed by the same feel good at any cost homogenized processed and sanitized for your protection gibberish.

I have scrolled down threads with 50 or more posts with each and every one some variation of talk with them. Tell them how you feel. Let them discuss their feelings with you.

I am waiting for some one to post saying something like;

OP : my ex is a homicidal maniac and I have barricaded myself inside my bathroom waiting for the swat team to come and extract him from my home. I only hope and pray they arrive and dispatch him before he can smash through the door with the axe he is wielding.

Answer : I bet you have never sat down with this person and effectively communicated your feelings in a soothing voice. And then listened to his position on matters at hand. So much conflict could be avoided if we proactively listened to their words and then firmly but calmly stated our own position. Now step away from your monitor and go to the door and speak with him. Watch you fingers and toes now. Careful that you don't pull back a bloody stump. Now go. Talk to him. Show him that you care for him as a fellow human.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 16:44 (London time) - permalink

visionevisione, posted over a year ago

I think it's annoying because it's not always the question asker who does the rating, other people can as well - so you can't tell who is actually giving you what rating.

As for telling people the cold hard truth, sometimes people do it too bluntly - have to use tact and get the point across without putting the question asker in a defensive mode. Usually when people get defensive they won't listen to what you have to say anyways.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 16:53 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

it totally depends on the op. sometimes its exactly what they need. you see a pretty harsh blunt answer and think WHOA....and then the op comes back with..hey thanks, that was just what i needed to hear. my favorite question of all time was that jace....i love to read that thread. he started out with everyone bashing him and ended up with everyones respect. but he needed straight shootin'. dont know what it did to everyones ratings but hey, it saved a man and his marriage. so..ratings be d***ed. go aunties!!!!

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

LMBO!

Speaking of ratings, who are these people who go around rating answers???

Personally, I have never rated a single post here.

Have I committed some crime against DC norm?

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes. You are in violation of dear cupid article 17.052 The DC thought police should be arriving at your door shortly. Let them drink your beer and rifle through your medicine cabinet. If they leave uninebriated your account will be deleted and no more input will be accepted from this ISP address. Don't forget to tip them. Tipping is not a city in China.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:13 (London time) - permalink

That's true, some people do well with bluntness and others don't, and I think a lot of people don't do well with either because they just don't want to hear it - they come to this place hoping everyone will agree with their bad decisions (what are they thinking anyways?).

I haven't really rated anything either, but I am kind of new here. :D I find it really odd you can rate someone's question too.. wtf...

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:23 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Drink my beer????

Over my dead body. Ex-Hagars do not relinquish their tankards for some measly threats!

Let them drink wine instead!

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:23 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Or is it paltry threats? (ah, whatever. No beer!!!)

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Are you calling my threats paltry? Huh? Look at me when I am speaking to you! Don't look away,,, that's better.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Better, shmetter!!!!!

Hic... I drank all the beer up... see if you get a shingle drop... you threateners! Hic hic

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I am not sure what a shingle drop is but I am up for anything. Do i need to bring batteries or pliers.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

a helmet will be enough. After all, you quailed a honorary viking with a shingle glance!

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 17:58 (London time) - permalink

Thanks for the replies, lol.

I haven't been rude or anything, so the low rating threw me off.

I think I'll just disregard it, because it's not really fair. You can rate one person's reply more than once, and people can even rate themselves.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 18:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

wonderful idea. Each time you think someone's unfairly rated you, go ahead an rate yourself, as much as you'd like.

And for a lark, post crazy replies under anon, of course. The wittier and nuttier the better.

We've all done it.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 18:30 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Wait a minute. If you write something that is so stupid and asinine and immature that you would rather people not know it was you that wrote it you can post it anonymously?

Doooh!

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 19:5 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

actually you cant rate your own answer, and you cant rate another question more than once, even when it's done anonymously. The system has the ability to know who you are, even when you post anonymously and only lets one vote thru. Also something that is to be considered is that almost all aunts start out with a bang and their ratings go up...but as time passes the number plummets and then eventually evens out. the reason for this as i understand and if im wrong, someone feel free to clarify...at the beginning a single vote can affect you more...sheerly on the law of averages. the more answers you are rated on, the less the value of a single vote. for instance if you only have 3 votes....each vote is worth one third of your entire rating. but when you have 300 its value is significantly lower and 3000...well you get the picture. i have no idea why they vary like they do at times. if someone has a gripe i suppose they can rate you low even if it is undeserved. but its as fair a system as can be figured out i think. hope this helps a little. Aww kat the memories, lol..... as katyayna says theres nothing wrong with a little fun here and there...*wink* we were sisters in crime once. rofl

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 19:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

q darlin' dont bother we would all know it was you anyway...the boots give you away everytime. mal

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 19:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yup.

And seriously, who posts foolish stuff anon? Dude, I have endured the totally undeserved lashing of a fem anon... all coz I was bloody honest there!

War wounds, all of them.

And yeah, normally, I am proud to be my self... but an Occasional Mardi Gras is most welcome. (Since you forget that I am on the site under my real give name... so, it gives me an added relief... and I am not all that good at remembering to check the anon box...)

GOod times Mal... what memories!

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 19:12 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes, as Deb says, any gaming of the ratings system is eventually caught up with. So for people rating themselves high and then falling, this is why. You've been caught!

http://www.dearcupid.org/forum/site-feedback/167

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 19:14 (London time) - permalink

"actually you cant rate your own answer, and you cant rate another question more than once, even when it's done anonymously."

I guess it's broken, because I tested it and was able to vote for myself, and vote more than once. I didn't do it anonymously. Maybe it's my browserrr (:

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 23:17 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

You can certainly push the voting button again and again but the votes won't be counted by the system.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 23:29 (London time) - permalink

"You can certainly push the voting button again and again but the votes won't be counted by the system."

My rating went from 4.2 to 4.6 in a matter of seconds. If someone just so happened to rate me at the same time, that's a hell of an coincidence lol.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 23:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

yes you can "vote" as many times as you want to....but the system only counts the first one. Its M-A-G-I-C. lol. if it were that easy, then none of us would be low. we would all be tied for top place. j/k. mal

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 23:44 (London time) - permalink

"yes you can "vote" as many times as you want to....but the system only counts the first one."

Yeah, after trying it, that looks to be right.

Posted on 1 February 2010 @ 23:55 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

well if you have the magic touch darlin' run on out and give me some votes....rofl....i could use the help. 3 mal

Posted on 2 February 2010 @ 0:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey,

don't forget me. My ratings took a nosedive right after I tried a bit of honesty! (from 8. something to my present one!)...

Curious, you can be our Ratings Angel... have you considered the position?

*Wink*

BTW, all my comments here are posted in the very solemn spirit of unadulterated frivolity. And hence meant to be taken as such!

Posted on 2 February 2010 @ 10:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I personally think that the rating system is a waste. It does follow the value of the answers for some people, but it does not really equate to the value of most aunts. For instance, a person can give a bunch of short, sweet sounding answers that sound good but are of little value and have a high rating. Another person can give comprehensive and well thought out and honest answers and have a low rating. Now, there are people rated high who truly deserve it and people rated low who truly deserve it, but there are a lot who are much better or worse than their rating. Giving answers that are tailored to getting good votes does little to help the person asking the question. Besides, I doubt that the OP looks at the aunts rating to decide which advice to follow.

Posted on 2 February 2010 @ 22:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I had a guy that called me out on what I wrote and after quite the slugging match came back telling me about how bad my advice is and how it is universally accepted that my advice is bad because of my low ratings.

So I said oh yeah?! well here's some advice for you you &*%^) &*%*ing &$^&*er. If you don't like my advice you can &%$^ and &%%$^& .......there....that oughta do it!!!

Posted on 2 February 2010 @ 22:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I am going to be serious this once.

I think that ratings system should be done away with (if not on the site, then at least in our minds). The blog is here to help people and there is no telling what works for whom.

Taking the advice or rejecting it or preferring to revel in self-pity etc... they are all OP's prerogative. If one indeed likes someone's advice, they can personally thank the aunts and the uncles (which people so very often do). And for those of us who think that one of us was being unhelpful, well, we don't ever waste a beat in letting them know that.

Since, the ratings system was meant to be an incentive, so I appreciate a number telling me where I stand. However, as far as I know, (of myself and other friends I have made here), we all try to help out the poster to the best of our abilities. And, that is the point of the blog... that a poster gets different viewpoints and perspectives. What one chooses is completely in one's hands.

However, for someone to get disgruntled and use the rating thing to vent at them or something more so...

Well, what is the point???

I personally, don't look at the rating number and don't rate anyone. Who am I to judge, since it is all just a matter of perception and we all know that perceptions are a function of nature and nurture... as most things in life are!

(And Q, you give great advice. There have been many times when you have helped me out and I have nothing but the deepest respect for you, as I know that all who know you, do. Also, when that person involved in the slugging match, brought up your ratings.... He should have taken a long look at your friend's list!!!!!!!!!!)

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 5:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh, the friends list. That's another thing. One person might have a long friends list because many people like that person and have asked them to be a friend. Another person might have a long friends list because they have added everybody in existence as a friend and people, wanting to be nice, reciprocate.

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 14:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yup... troubledtoomuch... that will be my list!

I am the one who adds people on and people wanting to be nice... well, reciprocate!

*wink*

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 14:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

TTM. You just can't let me have any time to feel smug and to gloat can you? Just Caaaaaaaaan't do it. Can you? Where you been wild man? We missed you here.

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 15:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

And Katyayni. Do I know you? Have we met? You sound like we are acquainted. You little Bombay burrito of bombast. I fell off a ladder yesterday and am suffering from amenesia. See I don't remember how to spell amnesia. Tell me more about yourself.

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 15:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ha!

Don't you wish!

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 16:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

and then theres me. Floating on the lonely ocean of mediocrasy....

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 18:7 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

"cough" ratings you say??????

Posted on 3 February 2010 @ 21:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

i havent even posted an answer in almost 48 hours and mine just fell again. can anybody explain that? oh well lets just say i dont care and i didnt notice.....hahahahahahaha grrrr

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 1:40 (London time) - permalink

Has anyone fallen in love with katyayni? ;)

@marriedlady: Dang, I guess they are rating your old posts, lol.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 2:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Mal, there have been times when I haven't posted for a month and my rating has sometimes gone up and sometimes gone down. I guess that people read old answers and rate them.

"Has anyone fallen in love with katyayni?"

Yeah, but she's way too young for me. She's probably gotten a dozen proposals already. Hasn't q already proposed to her? :) Hey q, you're too old for her too.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 2:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Old enough to know better...too young to care.

I guess when people say in their questions not to hold moral judgment over the poster and their question, that means....

tell me I am cute...

tell me I am smart...

and do not tell me that I am pissing in the wind.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 2:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Curious, I see that you too have a good sense of humor! *wink*

Hey, btw, my ratings went up! Damn... just when I said that I don't look at it...here I go, stealing surreptitious peeks at it!

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 3:50 (London time) - permalink

do ratings show up instantly? or do they take awhile to register? i think it's the latter but i'm not sure.

it also feels like a lot of the same questions are being asked, i wish people could look through the tags first before asking. :[

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 15:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I just find it really strange how I seem to give good advice, but I can't even apply it to my own life ...

People find it really hard to beleive I'm single.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 16:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

ratings-smatings

I think im great and thats all that matters.

So give good advice, sugercoat it if you want but the truth is the truth.

btw just because I told one poster to go on jerry springer doesnt mean i don't care. I figured that she would get a nice appearence fee.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 17:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

jerry springer has nothing on dc to be sure....out of curiousity sweetie why the name change? although if i werent too far involved i would do the same thing. grrr marriedlady is SUCH a cheesy name. i like the mal thing though. my ma shoulda named me mal. i was browsing online last night and my name was very popular in the decade i was born. grr that explains why ther were always two and sometimes 3 with the same name in my class. not a mal in sight.my parents werent very creative in the name game.

the most my ratings ever went down at one time was when i told a poster that her husband wanking in a motel was better than going out and getting a woman. boy those porn and wanking questions will get you in a hurry.

and i do find that i have answers, hey theyre pretty good sometimes, for other people but sheesh my own life can get in a tangle in a hurry sometimes. so i work on an exchange system. i give my advice when i feel i have something to say, and when my life get tangled i pm you guys and listen to your advice. so far you havent let me down. lol take care gang, love ya, mal

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 18:35 (London time) - permalink

"it also feels like a lot of the same questions are being asked, i wish people could look through the tags first before asking. :["

Heck yeah... I am so tired of teacher crush questions, lol.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 18:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi Deb :)

This is my profile name on evony. I have been on that for the last month and have started to like being called ing. So I decided to cary it over here.

Also didnt really like the old handle, didnt suit me and Q kept putting spaces in it. So what can you do with this one Q?? (what am i saying...great now i have to change it again)

The teacher questions are a nice change from "i looked at a guy, am i pregnant?" or similar things

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 19:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

oh well i dunno, guess you could call him q1 or 16 or 60 or 05. or one dude the other day called him G which i thought was hilarious. q's good no matter what you call him. ive called him some pretty choice words ..... he loves it when you do that. if you really want to hurt him dont call him bad names...call him shhhh you ready for this? ok im gonna whisher it so he doesnt over hear shhh ....cat lover...thats his achilles heel. try that next time he gets out of line....

also one of my all time favorite posts was one of those can i be or get preggo if...questions.if you havent read it and you will inknow immediatley what im talking about if you did....if you havent pm me and i'll look up the link. itssssss gggggreat. mal

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 19:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey Mal, are you talking about the one in which the girl asks can i be prg if I swallow semen?

God, what a thread!

And, that is only half a reason why his latest handle is Ingwe.... Shall I reveal all, the until very recently...The Not So Great?

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 20:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The swallow one, was that the one from a year or 2 ago? That one got pretty nutsy.

"the most my ratings ever went down at one time was when i told a poster that her husband wanking in a motel was better than going out and getting a woman."

Oh no, I just basically told someone that this morning. Well, there goes my rating in the toilet.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 20:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

call me anything but late for a drink

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 20:19 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Estwing. Who were you before? I am sorry i put spaces in your name. Forgive me. But I got it right this time.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 20:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

hello there q my man, estwing isnt that a tv show...so lets just call him mr president...whatcha think. TTM you are a cooked goose my friend, you will be paying your dues in the rating basement with me. gotta leave those porn posts alone i tell you...!!!!!

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 20:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

And Other Woman posts!

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 20:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh mal, you should go back in time and see the really gory porn vs anti-porn battles. There were the battles of me and DiovanLestat (the cowgirl is now sadly gone from here) vs Ms anon anti-porn. Ah, those were battles to remember. We made a great team, the cowgirl and I. I'm sure that not many miss that though.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 21:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

here it is tada.....

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/can-you-becoming-pregnant-if-you-swallow.html

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 22:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Estwing is a brand of hammer. So I am calling him hammer time.

Posted on 4 February 2010 @ 22:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ive already looked at that Deb/Mal. was too funny. Bet she refuses to give head now. poor girl

How bout calling me Ing, because im ripe with ingyness. And yes thats good for you lol.

And in this reunion spirit im going to admit that i like q's answers on the posts. But ill never admit it again :)

How are ya Q

Posted on 5 February 2010 @ 8:37 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Are you the poster formerly known as the notsogreat?

Posted on 5 February 2010 @ 13:27 (London time) - permalink

Not My NameNot My Name, posted over a year ago

Quote - "You can rate one person's reply more than once"

Ahhh, lol, so that is what happened when I got a PM last week about being 'despicable' and took a slide. :-)

Ok, must admit I encouraged it by suggesting they do it if not liking what I had to say.

I agree with Q on all of this - it means jack at the end of the day.

Posted on 5 February 2010 @ 14:8 (London time) - permalink

Not My NameNot My Name, posted over a year ago

ahh, ok, reading more I see that does not actually work, ..they either done the rounds of lots of posts, or I really did suck big time in lots of eyes :-)

I did try rating some of my own posts too to see what happened, ..but how warped am I, .. I gave myself some poor ratings ..lol. How is that for self honesty, voting when ya rekon ya sucked hehehehee.

Posted on 5 February 2010 @ 14:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

i love that !!!!!!!!! i havent ever rated my own but i rated one yesterday that i meant to rate poor and just clicked excellent grrrrr yes Q that is the former notsogreat.....in poi~sun

Posted on 5 February 2010 @ 16:37 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

i dont mind the poor ratings i dont mind the excellent , its the ones where you get an average that bother me :P lol...

at the end of the day an excellent is an obvious kudos but a poor can be that you are offering adice that opposes another person , who cares if they hate it , it might help someone else ...but average ? whats that about ? lol

Posted on 6 February 2010 @ 18:49 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey, I feel the same way! Excellent, fine. Poor also fine. But what is the deal with an average?

Posted on 7 February 2010 @ 9:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

lol , i mean i can understand the need to rate someone as poor , youve said a provoking response could also be a thought provoking response.

but what kind of answer must you of given to make someone sit up and say "my god that is just so unbelievaly average!!! i feel the need to let this person know just how average thier answer is " geesh! lol! average? im sorry for all my average replies :( sincerely :( lol

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 17:10 (London time) - permalink

celtic_tigerceltic_tiger, posted over a year ago

I think you lot are jinxing everyone! I just noticed my ratings have dropped like a stone!! lol

:D

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 19:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

mine too ...huge drop today!!! and for the record im not having the average problem...hahahah go figure!!! roflmbo from one extreme to the other on the spectrum but not average. i bet my hubby would soooo agree. pfffft mal

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 23:47 (London time) - permalink

blueyedgirlblueyedgirl, posted over a year ago

You guy's are helarious!! I literally laughed out loud!!I love the friendly banter! Katyayni, I might be one of those people that "accepted you to be nice" but I like you anyway...;-) Q, I too think you give great answers, and your always good for a laugh. :-)

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 19:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have you laughing and I haven't even dropped my drawers.

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 20:45 (London time) - permalink

q you keep that belt buckled and those suspenders over your shoulders, you'll scare the children. Yep he wears both, that's how they "dosit" in Texas.

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 21:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

ummm Q please dont drop your drawers....thats my kid remember...sheesh you cannot hide even on a relationship sight ...they find you. Oh well she's an adult so i guess she can handle what you dish out. im just not sure she's ever seen this side of me. heheheheheh mal aka blueyedgirls mother. *ouch

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 22:21 (London time) - permalink

Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence, Mom...

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 22:50 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

MAL.........rofl

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 23:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ILLITHID!!!!!! oh to be 26 again....well come to think of it i dont think i would want to but i wouldnt mind looking it. happy birthday sweetheart!!!! mal

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 1:22 (London time) - permalink

IllithidIllithid, posted over a year ago

Thanks, Deb. Today was grand, my friends made me feel loved, and my rating is higher than it's been lately! YAY!

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 3:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

MAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL *okay, my friends can get by with deb* lol ive been called that a lot in here lately... MAL

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 3:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks anyway!

And Illy, baby, we expect a party.

You gotta post at least 10 hilarious risque jokes!

That's the condition for all who celebrate their b'day!

I am making this rule!

Anybody got a problem with that???????????

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:12 (London time) - permalink

This is the only one I have handy:

Harry and his wife are having hard financial times, so they decide that she'll become a hooker. She's not quite sure what to do, so Harry says, "Stand in front of that bar and pick up a guy. Tell him that you charge a hundred bucks. Any questions, I'll be parked around the corner."

She's standing there for 5 minutes when a guy pulls up and asks, "How much?" She says, "One hundred dollars." He says, "All I got is thirty". She says, "Hold on," and runs back to Harry and asks, "What can he get for thirty?" "A hand job," Harry replied.

She runs back and tells the guy all he gets for thirty is a hand job. He agrees. She gets in the car. He unzips his trousers, and out pops a HUGE smooth and perfect penis!

She stares at it for a minute, and then says, "I'll be right back." She runs back to Harry.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Any chance you could lend this guy seventy bucks?!"

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:18 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ugh...

Not like that love.

The title should be "Hey, This is Me, on my B'day... Have a Toot!"

And then come the jokes...

darling, search the net love!

Now comon get posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:23 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

When I wrote Me, I forgot to insert (whoever's b'day, his name there...

as in "Hey, This is Illithid, on my B'day... Have a Toot"..

(guys if you got better titles, pitch in please)

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

When my step daughter was three we dressed her up like a pirate for Halloween. I like to joke around so I asked her where her buccaneers were?

On my bucking head loser.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

ugg???? i liked it. rofl kat you did say risque....give him 20-30 years and he will be right up there with Q and Phil... hehehehe

how about Hey this is _________,on my B'day. today the joke's on me.

or something i dont know....guess you young'uns can figure it out.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Q you forgot to tell Illy happy birthday. come on the clock is ticking and theres only 1 hour and 25 min left...24 min...

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

He;;,. Illy

I loved your Joke Love!

It was a total ROFL.

the ugh was only to the location of the joke...

as in a different title!

( I am a bit absent minded these days)

My apologies!

Hey, accept the *muuuuuuuuuuuuah* a smacker on your B'day!

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 4:42 (London time) - permalink

To the blue eyed penguin...your mom is a nut. And that is precisely why she fits in here so well. And since an acorn doesn't fall far from the yada yada, I'm glad you're here too. Remember Mal, the kids are going to be picking our nursing homes.

Happy Birthday Illy! I used to have them too...

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 13:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

"the kids are going to be picking our nursing homes"

Do you know, I knew I was doing something wrong, my mother lives we with us.....

What age are we meant to stop having birthdays? I mean I don't want to get any older than I should.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 14:36 (London time) - permalink

I decided to stop after the candles on the cake singed my eyebrows off...

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 14:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

LOL Sounds like a good plan!

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 14:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Meant to say Happy Belated Birthday wishes ILLY.... Oh what it is to be 26... Do you think they would let me go back and do the last twenty years again??

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 15:12 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

GAAAAK i have 7 kids...i dont want to go to the nursing home... ummm you think they are already collecting brochures and such?....couldnt i just stay with each one ...one day a week or something? i mean....nursing homes have icky food and i like good food. i dont want to go...you have to know the code to get out and i can never remember the blasted code... wait...

ermm its 3 hots and a cot? no cleaning up? no dishes? no laundry? no cooking? no ironing? how soon can they fit me in? mal

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 15:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yep mal, I'm researching it too. All I have to find out is if the cute head nurse will be the one to give me my baths in the jacuzzi tub. The rest doesn't matter. :)

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 16:11 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I just had the 22th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

No-uh you didn't!

Q, hun, you were born in July.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:12 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What are you an accountant?

Ok! I am getting geared up for the 23rd anniversary of my 29th birthday.

When you are just a cub, 6 months seems like a long time. I've had indigestion that lasted 6 month's. I was married when you hit the....oh never mind.

Don't get me started.

Just don't get me started.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:18 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

why not? we love it when you get all riled up Qie.

Hey, besides, older men are hhhhhooooooooot!

Think of a good wine...

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:25 (London time) - permalink

Thank you guys for the warm birthday wishes on my 26th. Does that make me a young'un?

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:31 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Mal I have had a word and they said they will take you....

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:33 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You older than me Illy!

I celebrate mine this Saturday!

(take notes, ya'all.... I want B'day wishes!)

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Illy as I am old enough to be your mother..... Yes it makes you very very young ;)

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

well sheesh happy bday kat!!!!!!! hugs

pass the cake, make sure there are no nuts in it, cant find my dentures. Penguingurl i want male nurses...do ya hear me?

yes Q your birthday IS in july. the 17th i think if i remember right. or close. we should have a party. maybe we could do the BBQ at irishes place? woohoo

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:52 (London time) - permalink

Awww, just because I haven't had the first anniversary of my 29th yet?

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:53 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yeah Illy my love. What price youth, eh?

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 17:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Illy You can really go off people don't ya know..... lol

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 18:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I haven't had the 36th anniversary of my 29th birthday. Yet. Yeah, rub it in you young turds. ;)

In case I forget on Saturday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 18:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What price youth? In Dallas off MLK Boulevard I think the cost of youth starts at about 50 bucks a throw.

Posted on 18 February 2010 @ 20:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

To throw or not to throw.... that is the question........

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 5:46 (London time) - permalink

Hey, it was at a MLK Blvd here in NC that I realized how much I value my sternum.

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 15:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

in OKC it is the way to the state capitol.

Hey eyes have you got a new ride yet? are you back at work....or is the sternum keeping you still? inquiring minds want to know. and did the other guy get hurt?

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 16:28 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi eyes!

You hurt your sternum? How? and How is it now?

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 16:36 (London time) - permalink

Happy Birthday, Kat!!! Vintage, you were sharing classified info, how will we ever make her behave if she thinks she has it made?!?!? Mal, (Somehow, I don't think I could get away with Deb, Lol) You can stay with me, IF you wash dishes in your old age, otherwise, to the nursing home you go... and no hot little male nurses...JK...Thanks for the welcome, you Guys!! :-) Cheers!!!!

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 18:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks Penguin girl!

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

hey, has anyone noticed we aren't grumbling at all????

Let's start. Ugh... I am 25 this yr, almost an adult... (save me someone)!

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 19:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oops... that sounds a bit narcissistic... grumbling about being 25 when many are talking retirement homes!

Sorry.

Let me grumble about the weather then!!

When will it be summer? those golden days when i can wear my cottons and feel the sun on my skin? Complain about the sweat and the heat and pollution and long to run and hide in the mountains and then begin to pray for the winter, while digging into a big bowl of Baskin Robbins????

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 19:26 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATYAYNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best for today :)

I only compolain about lack of coke, and right now, its under the label (GASP)

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 20:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Happy Birthday Kat for Saturday...

Blueyedgirl... get MAL to behave... rofl I don't think that is ever gonna happen. MAL & I have had a chat and by the time she needs a place I will have a spare room, so she said she would do my dishes, and if she needs a nurse I will find her a male one ;) ....

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 22:18 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

lol you guys are bonkers, leave for a few hours and look...you have my old age plans made. sheesh in in my early-ish 40's. grumble grumble.....hows that kat? and by the way where did gina go.....

Posted on 19 February 2010 @ 23:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

hhmm early-ish 40's you mean nearly mid 40's

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 0:5 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

MAL since you have 7 children, I think they all should chip in and buy you a nice condo in Florida, Eyes can be your room mate.

It will be near the beach, and have a nice swimming pool, that for some reason need several young men with out shirts to clean.

And make sure they know that oiling up is house policy...who are you to change it lol

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 4:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Time zones Mal.

But, don't worry ,I will be celebrating mine in the amercias time too! ;)

Thanks you all...

For sooooooooooooooooo much love and blessings.

(((((((((((((((((group hugs)))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, where'd Gina go?

and, b.e.g., when you all your siblings buy mal that condo, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeease invite me for the summer!

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 6:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

happy 5am bd greeting kat!!! USA time...i like it hammer! But if we go anywhere i will drive!... I value my sternum you know....

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 11:37 (London time) - permalink

Happy birthday Kitty Katyayni! Welcome to a quarter century of age!

And hey Mal, does this mean I'm going to have to start walking around shirtless at retirement homes, being as ruggedly hansome as I am?

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 16:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

eyes lighting up........hey where is TTM?

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 17:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hmmm thanks Illy or should I say 'meow, meow' but I darn't cause there are cat haters here on DC! (i fear for my life).

So you are ruggedly handsome huh?

Cool, show it. You have seen enough ladies here looking sizzling in their avatars, now it is the turn of the men!

Come on, unleash thy beauty.... what say???? ;)

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 18:7 (London time) - permalink

Warning... women looking at the following photos may spontaneously bust into flames from their desire:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30553965&l=c67fd27e0e&id=147700347

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30548179&l=5a9eb2455d&id=147700347

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30533529&l=1b86e667c4&id=147700347

Happy now, Kat? Kat?! Oh no, she's on fire!

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 19:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Nah... I ain't. But you are cute!

Posted on 20 February 2010 @ 19:20 (London time) - permalink

Can one of those house boys be named "Frederick"? Kind of like the sound of that..."Frederick more oil please, and bring another scotch and soda. Also another whatever for my pal Mal."

Posted on 22 February 2010 @ 13:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

yes i quite fancy Alexander...Alexander me love....more soda please....yes dear...i will have some dessert...yes please take some to my friend eyes...yes dear and me friend vintage...yes fan harder dear.

Posted on 22 February 2010 @ 19:57 (London time) - permalink

~glare~

Yes, Ma'am. Here's your prune juice and pile of pills, Ma'am. Shall I fetch your dentures, Ma'am?

Posted on 22 February 2010 @ 20:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

laddie i shall whoop you with my cane...where is that dratted cane...eh...

Posted on 22 February 2010 @ 20:9 (London time) - permalink

If I wasn't afraid of falling and breaking my hip I'd be all over you like white on rice, me boy!

Posted on 22 February 2010 @ 20:34 (London time) - permalink

Alright alright... that's enough excitement for now, ladies. Fredrick will be by in a moment for your sponge baths. Let's try to be calm when he gets here ok? As you know, the air conditioning is out today, so he'll be working without his shirt on again.

Posted on 22 February 2010 @ 21:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

wasnt this post about ratings?? lol.

I love that I have subtily twisted it into a disturbiling look at mal, eyes and vintage's future.

Its always great to see that I can contribute to dearcupid in my special way :)

btw i wasnt looking at my ratings so have no idea that they dropped by .5

Posted on 22 February 2010 @ 23:31 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Fredrick is that you honey?

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 3:20 (London time) - permalink

Yes, this is "Fredrick". Now, Ms. Vintage... about that will you were working on. Don't forget to write in this Mr. Illithid as your benefactor.

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 4:46 (London time) - permalink

Don't sign, Don't sign!!! I have heard of this "Fredrick", He goes to fancy retirement places and tricks the, uhm, older ladies, running around without a shirt and looking so sexy until they put him in their wills and then its all over...your days of lounging by the pool drinking margaritas are numbered... so if you will just sign THIS paper, making me power of attorney, I will make sure he never sees a dime...

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 16:22 (London time) - permalink

Don't trust those blue eyes... trust these bulging muscles! Would biceps like these lie? Oh hey look, more lemonade! Sign please?

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 16:27 (London time) - permalink

(PSST...Hey Freddie, I will switch to your side if you will split your take...) OH, I'm sorry, I think I was mixed up, that wasn't Fredrick I heard that about, ... it was Alexander, or was it Edward? I 'm not sure, but I am sure now that it WASN'T Fredrick!!

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 17:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Listen Freddy boy, it will take more than lemonade to get round me, and your muscles are wasted on me these days, eyesight just keeps getting worse. You and blueyewotsitthing can tie yourself up in knots.

I am leaving ny will to The DC home for the bewildered

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 17:42 (London time) - permalink

Perfect! I'm the treasurer for the DC Home for the Bewildered! Your glasses,Ma'am? ~flex, pose~

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 18:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh my glasses thank you..... Can I see your credentials please?

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 22:55 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

where is eyeswideopen? if we are to sign papers we need her....and wonder what it would take to get q in here without his shirt... vintage its not nice to hog fredrick...send him over here dear....

Posted on 23 February 2010 @ 23:13 (London time) - permalink

I'll sign the paper because I don't plan on leaving one red cent behind me when I go...I'll be needing another Bloody Mary by the way...

Posted on 24 February 2010 @ 13:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ok Ok, here have him, some people just can't wait.... he's got to do Eyes drink first though.

Posted on 24 February 2010 @ 20:11 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.171815100002277!