New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > tattoos

Go to latest mesage in thread

tattoos

sexylinzsexylinz, posted over a year ago

so this is for poeple that have tattoos...im thinkin of gettin one n i wanna kno if they relly hurt.

Posted on 28 July 2006 @ 13:21 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

WendygWendyg, posted over a year ago

It depends where you have it done and what pain tolerance you have.

If its anywhere near a hip bone sholder blade then it stings more the closer it gets.

Its like a high heat needing prod pain that vibrates and sometimes feels like its tearing with a bit of a prick. Prob sounds worse than it is!

My sister had hers on her shoulder and she said it hurt like mad, but on fleshier parts its not as painful.

But I think we all have a different tolerance so what might be like seeringly painful for one, might be less for another. I was once told that we women have a higher tolerance to pain around the time of the month, so maybe go around that time and it might be easier!

Hope that helps!

Posted on 28 July 2006 @ 13:48 (London time) - permalink

hanniesedshannieseds, posted over a year ago

hey there,

I have a few - one on my upper back and one on my lower and neither of them hurt and i'm the biggest wuss out there! The *pain* was more of a...shit i can't really describe what it feels like...it made me go gaga and was a really therapertic-type sting I guess you could say. It's defintely addictive and I can see why people go nuts and get their wholes bodies done.

If you get it done on muscley parts of your body it doesn't hurt as much, but on your ankle or near bone then you will have prepare yourself for a bit of pain!

I've had mine for about 6 years and I love them to pieces. Since they're on my back I don't see them that often so when I catch a glimpse of them in the mirror i'm like CHEEERRR! Aweosme! :o)

Posted on 4 August 2006 @ 6:8 (London time) - permalink

sexylinzsexylinz, posted over a year ago

well i had mine done on my lower back n can i just say that it hurt more where my muscle is than over my spine. lol

Posted on 25 September 2006 @ 15:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I had a friend who opted to have a tattoo done on her ankle (a ladybug) She originally wanted one on her breast but she got thinking about what it would look like when she was 80 years old! :D We had a good laugh, envisioning this tattoo on her boob, when she was a granny! So I told her, that when she was 80..she wouldn't care what it looked like. (heh heh) Tattoos are nice to have, though. I think if it's done with discretion and class..some truely are a work of art. Yes, it does hurt a bit-but that depends on your pain threshold. If you've never had one, perhaps start small and work up to a more larger, elaborate one, in the future. Good luck, dear

Posted on 25 September 2006 @ 18:4 (London time) - permalink

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

Sorry to drag this thread up again. Yes they hurt. But hey childbirth is worse. You can cope.

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 0:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I am still debating if I will get one or not...I have wanted one since I was 15.

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 1:41 (London time) - permalink

stinastina, posted over a year ago

malyce, you should get one! you obviously will be happy with it if you've been wanting one since you were 15! you should look around to see artists' portfolios and then work with one to get a piece created for you (unless you can design it yourself) :)

it doesn't hurt that bad to get one (at least it wasn't that painful for me). after a while, some places get numb after the needle has gone over it a bit. i guess i'm different than others when it comes getting tattooed over bone - i don't think it's that bad because the needle doesn't go in as far since the bone is "in the way." afterward, it just feels like a bad sunburn for a couple of days.

i have three large tattoos - two are dore pieces and the other is one that i designed surrounding a quote by my favorite writer, georges bataille, "Eroticism is assenting to life even in death." i'm still working to expand this piece, too. fun!!

Here's the one i'm working on (lower abdomen/upper legs): http://cwellsphoto.tripod.com/lowertumtat.jpg

Here's the one on my back (my first tat): http://cwellsphoto.tripod.com/lowertumtat.jpg

Here's the one on my left leg (second tat): http://cwellsphoto.tripod.com/legtattoo.jpg

anyone else want to share tattoo pics? :D

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 2:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

It is just odd...I show more caution and judgement over deciding if I want a tattoo then marrying a man. I will most definitely be stuck with a tattoo for life.

Something just isn't right.

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 2:33 (London time) - permalink

NikitaNikita, posted over a year ago

I had my first tattoo done when I was 21. I was in a band and had the name under a rose on my upper arm, my second I had done two years ago, a unicorn because I love them and the design was really good. Im getting another one done in a few months but im not sure what yet. Im having a good think about it. I didnt think they hurt that much really, like Stina said, it felt much like a sunburn. Once you've had kids, nothing quite matches that pain!

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 15:18 (London time) - permalink

drrr. not that anyone really cares, but i messed up the link for my back tattoo. here it is if anyone wants to see it.

http://cwellsphoto.tripod.com/backtattoo.jpg

That's cool that you got your own band name tattooed on you, Nikita (I never understood why people would get *other* people's band names tattooed on themselves!) - what kind of band were you in?

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 16:40 (London time) - permalink

NikitaNikita, posted over a year ago

Hi Stina, It was similiar to the band, 'Voice of the Beehive'. Dont know if you know that band or not but I used to love their music although we were nowhere near as good as them. We played locally and it was a lot of fun. I must confess I was a little bit drunk when I had the tattoo done. We all had one done. thank goodness the name wasnt a long one or that we were called The Butt Monkeys or something. We called ourselves, 'Sinful Secrets' and the tattoist inked it in a really beautiful way, entwined with the rose. I tried to have a look at your tattoo earlier but couldnt find it. Now I know why! Ill try again,

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 18:2 (London time) - permalink

I've not heard of that band before. Maybe I can find something online...

"I must confess I was a little bit drunk..." lol - at least the tattoo looked nice, anyway. :)

Posted on 25 January 2007 @ 20:8 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124996700000338!