New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > I need help with computers.

Go to latest mesage in thread

I need help with computers.

vina_101vina_101, posted over a year ago

Is anyone here a computer whiz? Ok well, I keep getting these annoying popups! I blocked them from my AOL and thats fine, I blocked them from my Yahoo and thats aslo fine but my MSN (or tiscalli, whatever you call it) is still allowing popups and I don't know what to do. Sorry if I'm not using the right names lol.

And also, I bought a new mp3 player (the 30G ipod) and I am having trouble putting my songs on there. All my music is in 'My music' but it won't let me simply put the whole folder on the ipod. I have to do it song by song or album by album and I just can't do that because I have over 4000 songs! My other mp3 player (Creative Zen touch) let me do it the quick and easy way but this new ipod is really getting on my nerves. Surely there's an easier way!? I'll be old and grey by the time I'm finished if I have to do all 4000 songs one by one! Please help me if you can.

Posted on 2 March 2007 @ 18:18 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Sorry not MSN I mean Internet explorer. How do I block pop ups from there?

Posted on 2 March 2007 @ 18:59 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

You almost certainly have spyware!

Try grabbing some anti-spyware software and read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

Good luck!

Posted on 2 March 2007 @ 20:32 (London time) - permalink

Thanks. Know anything about ipods though?

Posted on 2 March 2007 @ 21:15 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

No :-(

I have one and have never quite figured it out myself!!!

A.

Posted on 2 March 2007 @ 22:30 (London time) - permalink

luvme247luvme247, posted over a year ago

Are you using iTunes?

Posted on 2 March 2007 @ 22:57 (London time) - permalink

Yeah. But I just want to put the songs I already have on my computer onto my ipod. But it seems like an impossible task at the moment. What do you suggest?

Posted on 3 March 2007 @ 0:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

To bad my time zone is off I could have answered sooner. I am not an expert but I do know my computers and electronics. For you pop-ups it might be due to your firewall, pop-up blocker, or spyware. If you have 2 firewalls on they might be cancelling eachother out and causing extra traffic to upload on your computer. In some computers if you have more than 1 pop-up blocker active they will too interfere with eachother. Of course the opposite could be true for others, like me I have 3 pop-up blockers active and I have never had a pop-up occur yet. If these are not the case you might have spy-ware, or adware. Spyware is dangerous and should be removed with updated program. As for adware, adware is caused from programs that are harmless but allow pop-ups, like you video player might allow pop-ups to win free movies of course when this happens other pop-ups occur. As for the I-Pod that is macintosh type electronic and thus you need Macintosh programs to run it right. Some computer systems might not let it run properly unless it is a Macintosh logo. Try to highlight the songs on your library of music and slide it over onto you I-Pod.

Posted on 3 March 2007 @ 5:49 (London time) - permalink

Thanks for the help! I've got this thing called 'Stopzilla' now and it seems to be working well. It wasn't free though :-( ($49)

But since I installed it I haven't had one pop up and it tells me when new spy ware is on my computer and removes it! So thats the pop ups problem fixed. :)

The only thing now is my ipod. Believe me I've tried. I go to 'import folder/file to library' then I click on 'My music' then it shows every single album and song in 'My music' then I have to double click on the album and open it. Then it shows every single song on that album. And then I have to highlight ONE song from the album and then click 'Import file' Or something like that.And it goes onto my ipod. (the one song) I can do it album by album aswell but that'll be a long process too because I have several hundred albums.

Anyway...the point is it only lets me do it one by one and if I do it like that I'll never be finished because I have over 4000 songs in total. Do you see what I'm saying? I don't know what to do. I guess I'll send the ipod company an email and ask them what to do. Maybe the whole Macintosh thing has something to do with it.

Thanks for the help though. If you've got anymore suggestions then I will be greatful. :)

Posted on 3 March 2007 @ 11:0 (London time) - permalink

WendygWendyg, posted over a year ago

The Ipod thing.... I think you need to create folders in the Ipod.... Well thats how mine works...

There is a default folder that cant seem to cope with too many things going on... so what i did was go to the f drive on your pc... which is normally your removable drive on the pc, the one where the Ipod connects to the usb... create a folder in there thats new and import the music to there.. thats how i got round it, as i had the same sort of problem, or maybe create a couple of folders, the default file for the music sometimes is a bit not happy and gets overload!... but i have to say mine isnt a true Ipod, its an MP4 as i can put any file type on it as with apple you are limited.. But I Tunes is supposed to help you its a software you download and you do editing and so on in there and it transfers them...maybe that would help, it does sound like there is some sort of conflict and thats why it cant cope with more than one file at a time...

For future there are a few free spyware things you can get that always work well here and im on AOL. Spybot and adaware... go to download.com and you can get loads of free stuff.... it doesnt hurt to have a back up method as often just running one sometimes missing a couple of things... My pop ups manged to get blocked with my Norton firewall. But if its internet Explorer 7 i have heard it conflicts alot!!

Posted on 3 March 2007 @ 11:38 (London time) - permalink

Thanks again for the help. I've decided to do it the long way. Album by album. Oh well.

Posted on 6 March 2007 @ 12:57 (London time) - permalink

Where is your music now? Is it in iTunes?

Posted on 6 March 2007 @ 17:40 (London time) - permalink

Jamer70Jamer70, posted over a year ago

Sorry i didnt reply earlier but if you wanted to get rid of spyware AD AWARE is a nice free spyware remover. I use it and its good, stop my pop up problem.

As for the ipod thing you dont have to drag each one. If you highlight them all (click the top hold shift and then click the bottom one) and drag them into your ipod, it should work.

Posted on 6 March 2007 @ 17:42 (London time) - permalink

oK well I've alreay paid for the 'Stopzilla' thing so I might as well stick with it. It's too late for the free spyware remover thing.

Ok the ipod thing...yes I am using itunes. What happens is: I go to the top and click on 'file' then I click on 'add folder to library' then it opens this thing that says 'browse folder' then I click on 'my music' (where all my music is). And then it shows me all the folders (albums) in my music. And I highlight one of these (it doesn't let me drag or 'select all') and I click 'Ok' Then it converts the songs on that album to itunes and adds it to my library and to my ipod.

That is the way I'm having to do it. I've got 265 of these folders and some have folders within those folders so it works out to be about... 400?

I've numbered them all so that I know which ones I've already added. Yeah...so that's how I'm doing it at the moment. I'd rather not spend hours at the computer adding songs but..because of my love of music I willingly do it. I don't think theres an easier way. :-(

Posted on 6 March 2007 @ 20:24 (London time) - permalink

I think that you go to "file" & then "import" to add them all to iTunes. I wish I knew more. Anyone else know???

Posted on 6 March 2007 @ 21:32 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140673600006267!