New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Nigerian scammers

Go to latest mesage in thread

Nigerian scammers

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Just deleted some accounts by Nigerian scammers... please be streetwise and never give anyone money online who gives you a sob-story no matter how trustworthy they "appear".

Thanks

Andrew

Posted on 20 January 2007 @ 15:47 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

NikitaNikita, posted over a year ago

Thanks for the warning Andrew. I think I was communucating with one actually and as all his messages have disappeared from my inbox I guess he was!

Posted on 20 January 2007 @ 16:22 (London time) - permalink

vina_101vina_101, posted over a year ago

How did you know they were scammers? What are the tell tell signs?

Posted on 20 January 2007 @ 21:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I wish the Nigerian scammers would try and scam me.

*feels left out*

:(

Posted on 20 January 2007 @ 22:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hehe...

Well it's uncanny that they would attack even here. My work gets TONS of those scammers wishing to buy something but never knowing the price and name of the item they wish to buy. Most common:

---

Hi Seller!

my name is Mclarry i'm intrested in buying your"item"you put for sale on net.let me know the present condition and last price you will sell,if possible send the pics to me to comfirt it. you don't need to worried for shipping i've a shipping company in europe who will be onground for pick-up as soon as we seal this transaction you have the payment, you contact them to make neccesary arangement for pickup. I want you to know my mode of payment will be certified bank check or money order if that is accepted by you get back to me with your full information to have the check send to you with your cell phone. Hope to read from asap

---

I mean gosh damn it. They can't even tell me what the item they want to buy is AND they always ask for the "last asking price"! I MEAN, geez. ALWAYS!

Anyway, sometimes it's fun pretending I am gullible and lead them around in circles. I heard someone did such a thing and got his ass whacked (killed) for it.

Also, not all of them are from Nigeria, though a huge majority of them are. I've gotten some scammers from all over the world - 2nd most place would be China. They claim to be in the US or in the UK but if you check their IP address origins, they're located in China. Gross isn't it?

8/

Posted on 21 January 2007 @ 2:25 (London time) - permalink

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

**feels left out as well**

Posted on 21 January 2007 @ 11:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have had emails...and if it ever starts with Dear Friend...I turf them.

In my Business Communications course the other day; we reviewed such an email. It was horrible. The writer went to some uneducated young woman, to perfect English with great grammer and punctuation skills.

It was painful to sit there and do this assignment knowing it was a scam and to know that there are people who fall prey to such vile persons.

*sighs*

Posted on 21 January 2007 @ 19:3 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.1406261000011!