New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > SUGGESTION

Go to latest mesage in thread

SUGGESTION

daniel007, posted over a year ago

this site and d help u provide is realy good. god bless u. u r doing a good job but dis side is a bit absurd and the format is not at all attractive. instead make some tabs istead of underlying things, make buttons to hit etc-etc as other sites are. And the alphabets prettiir.CRUX- MAKE IT ATTRACTIVE AND BEAUTIFUL!!

Posted on 8 October 2010 @ 16:24 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

AbellaAbella, posted over a year ago

I would like a new Font on the site. Maybe Tahoma which is my current favourite.

Posted on 12 September 2012 @ 15:45 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

a spell checker would nice, lord knows I need one

Posted on 13 September 2012 @ 13:14 (London time) - permalink

Yes, yes, yes i vote for a spell checker for sure

Good suggestion EyeswideOpen

Posted on 19 September 2012 @ 3:16 (London time) - permalink

index to search - i would like TWO Searchable Index resources. One for questions, one for articles

Posted on 19 September 2012 @ 3:18 (London time) - permalink

Deleting posts in the Private messages - i can retain or delete anything sent to me - so i have choice. And i like to keep some posts sent to me so I can properly follow a conversation.

But....

The same does not apply to messages i send in the Private messages - i only get one option and that is 'delete all'

So i would also like the option (that exists for messages I receive)

To allow me to selectively delete my sent messages, but occasionally retain one I sent to a person.

I truly love the Private Message facility as I receive some lovely feedback via it.

So my suggestion above is the only change I propose. The rest of the Private message functionality is perfect, thank you.

Posted on 19 September 2012 @ 3:25 (London time) - permalink

i would like more celebration of the numbers of questions asked and the number of answers.

The current statistics sell the site short.

I would love the statistics to automatically update every time a moderator moderates. So it shows a more dynamic display that changes every hour.

Currenly over 1,118,000 answers and currently over 280,000 questions.

I would like the site littered with Gold stars the day the site reaches 300,000 questions and the day the site reaches 1,200,000 answers.

I would also like occasional 'vintage' questions with huge numbers of responses to be recycled as a vintage question or a vintage article to be recycled. And be suitably be adorned to Hearts to indicate that it is a featured recycled vintage one

Maybe DearCupid himself could choose which ones?

Because the collective wisdom on this site is huge. Hence i think it deserves to be celebrated more often.

Posted on 19 September 2012 @ 3:37 (London time) - permalink

interacting with the posters.

Fantastic people use this site.

But sometimes they get busy.

So when someone has not posted for three months maybe an automatic post could go out, saying 'missing you on dear cupid'

No more after that if they do not return.

But if and when they do return and post then an automatic post to them, saying 'welcome back to dearcupid, we missed you'

Because the most important people are the people who use this site, read posts on this site, post on this site, and answer on this site.

Posted on 19 September 2012 @ 3:46 (London time) - permalink

i would not mind a Once only two pound (UK) or up to five dollar (USA) joining fee when people first sign up to DearCupid. Payable via Paypal.

I think it would make it harder for scammers and would help defray any costs associated with running this site.

And since people often don't value what is free it might lead to people choosing to make more use of the site once they do sign up.

Also some appropriate advertisements on the site to help defray costs of running this site would not bother me at all.

DearCupid is a wonderful site. I am amazed that it is utterly free.

Just my thoughts

Abella

Posted on 20 September 2012 @ 21:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

i think its a bad idea if i had to pay to use a site i wouldnt use it. why should we pay for sites because we already pay to use the internet and what about people who dont know how to pay for things online or dont like to give out card details or cant aford it.

Posted on 28 September 2012 @ 13:46 (London time) - permalink

C. GrantC. Grant, posted over a year ago

I hear what you're saying -- I don't have a paypal account either.

But it's worth noting that, although you pay to use the internet, none of that money gets to the guy who created Dear Cupid. He maintains the site out of his own pocket. One day he might well decide that he's had enough and shut it down, which would be a real shame.

Posted on 28 September 2012 @ 20:52 (London time) - permalink

I also hear what you are saying about some people being unable to afford a once only donation of one pound or even two pound or two dollar or four dollar once only fee to sign up to the Dear Cupid.

I use Etsy.com and Ebay.com and only ever pay via Paypal.com and that works perfectly.

At the very least I would like a chance to make a donation towards the cost of running this site. I definitely get far more value from this site that would always out-weigh a once only two dollar donation to the site.

Another opportunity to help defray the cost of running this site would be a voluntary donation of $2 or $5 donation when it suited me (or more if I was allowed to donate an amount above that that I could choose)

And another solution could be advertisements on the site to help defray costs.

I would prefer to be able to donate an amount to the site at a time I chose and an amount I could choose above $2.

Because I would really be sad if this site just closed.

Google owners have really made it very tough for this site since Google started preferencing sites that can pay big $ amounts to get a higher listing when people Google. Because Google's algorithyms now favour sites that ca afford to pay Google.

DearCupid.org is far superior (in terms of wisdom and good advice) to other sites that lack the adequacy of responses on this site

So tell your friends about this great site. Please write a follow-up when your question is answered. Post questions when you think of them. Post answers when you get time.

Recommend this site to others.

If you don't want to support the site financially in the future, then at least do support the site by telling others what a great site it is to find answers and get advice and share your wisdom with others. Answering questions really is fun..

Posted on 30 September 2012 @ 3:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

i wouldnt pay to use any site but i have told lots of people how good the site is and how helpful people are on here. i tell everybody about dear cupid.

Posted on 3 October 2012 @ 16:9 (London time) - permalink

Blonde30s

That is fantastic. I feel the same way - I love telling people how good the site is and how to use the site for the best outcome.

It is a wonderful site.

Regards

Abella

Posted on 3 October 2012 @ 16:25 (London time) - permalink

i thought of another small modification.

Many is the time when I use my phone instead of my laptop to use DearCupid.org.

The following is only a problem when i use the phone.

The log out button is too close to any other button.

Often i have pressed the mailbox button and due where the 'log out' button is - right next to mail box - i then accidently get too close to the 'log out' button instead.

Then I have to log in again.

So I would shift the log out button a fraction further to the right - on it's own.

Same applies to the 'watched' questions.

I would like the 'delete watched questions' button to also shifted. To the right a little

Because if one goes to access the first watched question in the list sometimes one sometimes accidentally ends up deleting all the watched questions instead.

These problems never occur using a laptop.

Maybe not everyone has these problems? But they have been a problem for me occasionally

And it is not hands that are big that is the problem as my hands and fingers are tiny.

Just another suggestion

I still love the site completely. It is marvellous.

And very well thought out.

Posted on 7 October 2012 @ 19:51 (London time) - permalink

So_Very_ConfusedSo_Very_Confused, posted over a year ago

I tell everyone about it... my friend joined today!

Posted on 11 October 2012 @ 16:26 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.12495489999128!