New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Cheats - keep your eye out

Go to latest mesage in thread

Cheats - keep your eye out

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Hi

Today I discovered a cheat. Someone who copies and pastes advice from other sites into their answers prending it's their own. It's easy to spot because you can search for phrases in google and the exact text comes up.

If you spot someone you think is cheating and have google'd it and find the text is from another site PLEASE EMAIL ME or drop me a PM.

Andrew

Posted on 23 June 2006 @ 17:27 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Names!! ;)

Posted on 8 July 2006 @ 16:24 (London time) - permalink

camillecamille, posted over a year ago

I don't know why it bothers me SO much but there's someone here who seemingly reads my replies and then practically repeats the exact same thing for their advice. It's really annoying me! I can't prove that's what they do, so maybe they coincidentally just share my exact thoughts and feelings on almost every subject? It is rather suspicious and reeks of someone trying to higher their already huge post count! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you would expect that to mean there's a shred of originiality! Grrrrrr.

Posted on 23 October 2006 @ 17:2 (London time) - permalink

YosYos, posted over a year ago

How bizzare.

I cut and paste all my answers from 'FamousKarlMarxQuotes.com' don't you know. He really was a very sensitive man

Posted on 24 October 2006 @ 8:58 (London time) - permalink

bonymbonym, posted over a year ago

Thats weird!!! I do believe great minds think alike so sometimes I will reply and notice that it is similar to someone elses reply but I dont actually read other peoples replies anymore before I answer because it may influence my reply.!!!!! Who is it Andrew??????????????

Posted on 24 October 2006 @ 19:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh andrew, tell us! This has been going on a while now hasn't it?

I can't believe someone would actually take the time to do that. I mean, I'm sure they mean well, it's not to be malicious, but whoever it is, if you are reading this... I am sure you are more than capable of giving your own advice!

Posted on 25 October 2006 @ 0:7 (London time) - permalink

tuxtux, posted over a year ago

I admit it.. it's my evil twin bob.. *gasp* neah..

If only there was a way for the form to search google on random phrases to check after it gets send and have it flagged as a possible infraction for further review. :D But that may be too complex..

btw is there a way for a mod to remove a question/answer that has already may be incorrectly approved? or do you just want emails on what we may deem shouldnt have been approved?

Posted on 25 October 2006 @ 12:9 (London time) - permalink

David LewisDavid Lewis, posted over a year ago

Sometimes when you log on as a mod, there are sometimes questions which have been approved by someone, which can still be approved or edited.

I have removed a couple where the same question has been broadcast in numerous titles.

If you have made an error, just keep hitting BACK in your browser until you reach the offender, lol.

Posted on 25 October 2006 @ 13:55 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

tux - if you see a question/answer you think shouldn't have been approved best thing to do is drop me a private mail

A.

Posted on 26 October 2006 @ 16:24 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124992500001099!