New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244987 questions, 1084408 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Sex talk > What Are 5 Traits Of A Good Lover?

Go to latest mesage in thread

What Are 5 Traits Of A Good Lover?

BillTarr, posted over a year ago

Girls, what 5 traits would have to posses a masterful lover of your dreams? And on the other hand, what are 5 traits of bad lover?

If you have some stories about your "bad lovers", please do share!

Posted on 3 October 2008 @ 13:27 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

shadesofblue, posted over a year ago

Good Lover

1.Attentive

2.Unselfish

3.Confident

4.Considerate

5.Imaginative/Open-minded

Ok, this list could basically go on and on but what really makes a good lover is a man who pays attention to his lover's needs and desires and unselfishly tries to please her. By saying "please her" I am not necessarily referring to ensuring her orgasm...not that you shouldn't make that a priority, it's just that that's not the most important aspect of sex to most women. Besides if she thinks you are completely preoccupied with making her come she will be too and that usually makes it even less likely to happen. It is important that you make her feel good about herself. Don't lie to her, but if you are being intimate with her then you obviously appreciate some of her qualities and you should compliment her. Make her feel special, like she is the only woman in your world. You should be unselfish with her, too. The fact is that regardless to what happens during sex the man is almost guaranteed a happy ending. Unfortunately for us ladies that's not always the case. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the ins and outs of sex (no pun intended, although it did make me giggle to myself). Sex involves a lot of things...licking, kissing, sucking, rubbing, etc. and the fact is that if you would like something done to you she would probably like it done to her, too. Be unselfishly willing to go all out for her even if the favor is not returned.... but I'm betting it will be. Most importantly, pay attention to her cues. If she moans, thrusts into you, or mentions that she enjoys some aspect of sex then show that you are an attentive and considerate lover and do more of it. Now sometimes it's nice to have a man totally take charge in bed, but even then you need to pay close attention to her. If she shows signs that she is enjoying whatever you are doing then great, but if she seems uncomfortable with it then stop. You don't have to feel uncomfortable or like an ass about it either, just kiss her during the transition and change pace. It doesn't necessarily mean that she completely opposed to whatever you were attempting either, maybe she was just not in the mood at the time...give it some time then try again, or better yet, revisit the topic with her and find out how she really feels about it. You might be surprised. Now, confidence is on the list simply because confidence is just damn sexy. You don't have to be the world's greatest lover to be the lover of her dreams. If you are attentive in bed, you will discover what she doesn't care for, what she likes, and what she absolutely loves. Once you know how to give her what she loves you should have all the confidence you need. Be creative with sex. Show her that you are willing to try new things and go the extra mile to spruce things up sometimes. You don't have to go crazy with this...it takes a lot less than you might think. Save the money you might spend on the superman costume and the sex swing and just light some candles, play a sexy burnt cd, and give her a sexy massage that leads into extended foreplay. Something like that, even just once in a while, will rank you among the best. Hope this helps, and good luck with all that! ;)

Bad Lover

This list is essentially the exact opposite of the other.

1.Self-focused

2.Selfish

3.Inconsiderate

4.Inhibited

5.Unimaginative/closed-minded

Posted on 7 October 2008 @ 7:51 (London time) - permalink

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

"Be creative with sex. Show her that you are willing to try new things and go the extra mile to spruce things up sometimes."

Yes I agree, good call..... people should be free to engage in any sexual practices they choose, but they should draw the line at goats though.

Posted on 7 October 2008 @ 12:20 (London time) - permalink

james anderson, posted over a year ago

Five good traits: Dominant (sexually), honest, honorable, intelligent, and having the belief that there is always something more to be learned about romance.

james anderson

[url=http://www.crystalrecovery.com]Crystal Meth[/url]

Posted on 14 October 2008 @ 0:9 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

GOOD LOVER-

1. Orphan.

2. Schooled at a convent; therefore, no preconceptions about the opposite sex - AH HA! Hey, let them find out on their own!

3. Trust Fund baby. (HEY, It's my fantasy, no one said it had to make sense).

4. Must have a Slow hand.

5. Must be a Cunning Linguist.

BAD LOVER-

1. Owns his own home - right next door to his parents.

2. Nintendo has made him totally goal oriented. Good luck with any inspired foreplay.

3. Has mirrors by his bed - so he can look at himself.

4. Loves a stiff Chardonnay; which takes the starch out of other things.

5. Crying on your shoulder about an ex is not foreplay.

This has been written in jest, so judge accordingly...

;^D

Posted on 14 October 2008 @ 0:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Damn.. just what everyone just said... If you find a guy like that, please ask him to contact me at DC... yum, yum...

Posted on 14 October 2008 @ 1:54 (London time) - permalink

HonningKaninHonningKanin, posted over a year ago

1 Washes himself

2 Huge.. I mean HUGE ... wallet

3 No STDs

4 Intelligent enough to keep his mouth shut when he is wrong and believe me he is always wrong!

5 Dead parents

(I am joking)

Posted on 14 October 2008 @ 15:29 (London time) - permalink

addeadde, posted over a year ago

1.never loved before

2.good &confident on sex

3.open(free discussion)

4.happy in his life

5.young

Posted on 14 October 2008 @ 18:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Has Integrity (this would include faithful)

Marriage/Family is First

Self Reliant

Amazing Kissing skills and other

Sense of humour

Posted on 14 October 2008 @ 22:25 (London time) - permalink

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

My man would have to qualify with the following;

1/ Sense of humour

2/ Good with his hands

3/ Good with his tongue

4/ An active willy

5/ And be Blind

: )

Posted on 14 October 2008 @ 23:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

If he wasn't blind before, he'd be blind after you'de finished with him Sis! Those things could poke a man's eyes out!

Posted on 15 October 2008 @ 12:23 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

SIS!!! What a good observation! What a dream guy! You could get those tattoo welts in braille with interesting instructions tattooed ALL over your body. Kinda like a Kama Sutra Manual! Sneak in a new one every now and then so he'd ALWAYS have to check VERY carefully...

Okay, so another going-to-hell moment...

But I can dream, Can't I?

;^D

Posted on 16 October 2008 @ 2:59 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

Gentle

Considerate

Wild and wonderful

funny

confident

experimentle

Kind

Thoughtfull

These are just my thoughts on this, There are many good qualitys found in men, And this I have found now, The words below are what my ex husband was like and that is most def a no! no!

Selfish!

Inconsiderate!

Nasty!

Cruel!

Aggressive!

Intimidating!

Posted on 16 October 2008 @ 9:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Good Lover:

1)Deaf

2)Dumb

3)Blind

4)Patience of a saint

5)Doesn't know to count money

Bad Lover:

Seriously a guy who doesn't have the above qualities..

:-).

Posted on 25 October 2008 @ 23:26 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125008300001355!