New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084412 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > marry in haste, repent at leisure?

Go to latest mesage in thread

marry in haste, repent at leisure?

angelDliteangelDlite, posted over a year ago

for anyone who got married too quick, say, within a few months of knowing the person. has the marriage worked out? yes or no?

Posted on 8 January 2011 @ 21:14 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Yes.

Posted on 8 January 2011 @ 21:31 (London time) - permalink

cat ladycat lady, posted over a year ago

Yes. Together almost thirty years. Wasn't one of those really fast ones, where you wake up and find yourself married from a 'lost weekend' but it was within a few months from first meeting.

Posted on 9 January 2011 @ 8:30 (London time) - permalink

cat lady and vintage: that's great, just goes to show, it CAN work (IF its with the right one) i suppose i should add my answer, seeing as i am one the one that's brought the matter up,

my answer is NO. i married my ex husband after only knowing him for four weeks, while i was still in that falling in love/infatuated/'i'll wait for you to change your faults' stage. left him (many times, but finally) 13 months later. in my defence: i was very young! :)

Posted on 9 January 2011 @ 10:48 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

I told my best friend that I knew that "This was the guy I was going to marry" two weeks after I met my husband, but I did wait 4 years to marry him. Been together 38 years. :^D

Posted on 9 January 2011 @ 13:5 (London time) - permalink

birdi: that happens quite commonly doesn't it? i've heaqrd this before where people say 'i knew they were the one on the first night' and indeed, i have thought, on meeting someone that they would be it, but then realised later on down the line that they are not! :) you and your husband gave it a good length of time to get to know each other so you both knew what you were getting into, may i wish you and your hubby congratulations for your 39th anniversary in advance?! xx

Posted on 9 January 2011 @ 13:50 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

angelDlite, I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. don't beat yourself up about it, people can be together for years before they get married, and it still not work. We met and married within 6 months, and have been married for 22 years.

Posted on 9 January 2011 @ 14:27 (London time) - permalink

vintage: it was a long time ago and i don't feel bad for it, it was an experience, as long as we learn from mistakes they are not a bad thing i think. but after what i did, i would now be terrified to marry someone after knowing them for six months :) so i'm glad that yours worked out well. you know, maybe 'time' is not the issue? after all we can (i imagine) marry someone and live in a house with them for 30 years or so and them discover they have a secret life or secret side that that you knew nothing about! but then you get other success stories where its all been a bit 'whirlwind' but its worked out perfectly :)

Posted on 9 January 2011 @ 23:3 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You just have to trust your gut and heart, but at the end of the day it's a leap of faith because no of us knows if it is going to work out.

Posted on 9 January 2011 @ 23:29 (London time) - permalink

cat ladycat lady, posted over a year ago

A little natural stubbornness helps. Almost everybody was against my husband and me marrying, certainly both our families, at the start, because we were too 'different' from one another; different backgrounds, different race. I think it just appealed to our sense of rebellion and we did what we felt like doing. We LIKED our differences; there was no "in spite of" about it.

Posted on 10 January 2011 @ 8:2 (London time) - permalink

aunt honestyaunt honesty, posted over a year ago

I honestly dont think time matters in this topic. So many marriages end in divorcee no matter how well you might think you know somebody or how long you have been with them. I really think its a case of you think you know someone and your compatible but anything can happen to rock the boat. Least you learned from your experience and dont regret it :-) life is to short to regret things in the past.

Posted on 21 January 2011 @ 1:8 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140694800000347!