New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Manners, Dear Aunties!!!

Go to latest mesage in thread

Manners, Dear Aunties!!!

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

In the spirit of Ms. Judith Martin, a.k.a. Miss Manners, Letitia Baldridge, Dear Abby, Ann Landers and ALL of the other great Advice Columnist before us, Can we all discuss a few rules of decorum?

I believe that we are all hear with the same intent, to dispense advice and help. We all have our good and bad days. Sometimes ours manners slip. BUT, could I please suggest, that when someone does NOT agree with our own person opinion, that they Simply post their own? There isn't any need to point a finger at another Aunt and "Go On The Record" and disagree, or point out that someone else's opinion is flawed. "I totally disagree with Birdynumnums" (or whoever) isn't addressing the question that is asked, it only changes the focus onto my answer. All that ensues is a verbal battle between Aunties that doesn't address the question that the "Reader" asked in the first place! The onus is on our "Gentle Reader" (homage to Miss Manners) to glean through the bounty and 'separate the wheat from the chaff'. Let's just assume that the person asking the question has the intelligence to sort out their own answer from all of the proffered advice without the Aunties fighting over it. I suggest that people refrain from the practice of dressing other Aunties down, and instead, only offer their own opinion, as an alternative, with respect.

***If the answer is truly offensive, the moderators can be called on or the "Vote to Remove" line under each answer can be used, so we do have alternatives.***

AND... World Peace...

Posted on 29 November 2008 @ 5:19 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

Yes birdy Im in agreement with this hunny, I have got mad sometimes only when someone really upsets a friend, in future I will just talk to my friend to see if they are ok and not get angry on post..Thankyou for that you are very wise with love n hugs and peace me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted on 29 November 2008 @ 12:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Birdy Mum,

very very sound advice."I am in agreement with Birdy".

Posted on 29 November 2008 @ 16:54 (London time) - permalink

My deepest thanks to Pepper and Bugs for your affirmations to my blatant concurrence seeking forum!!! Of course, your grace and elegance proceeds you both! Mwahh! Air Kisses!!!

***!!!

Posted on 30 November 2008 @ 16:19 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I agree Birdy, but being in a glass house with a stone in my hand I can hardly comment. However, when some asshole calls me an asshole, especially after I've had a couple of stiff ones . . . . . rum, that is . . . . the stone gets launched!

Posted on 30 November 2008 @ 18:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I believe that Uncles and Aunts must show respect towards each other; be professional and not attack each other in public (on the site via postings); should they have a difference of opinion they can air it with each other via PM but to insult each other on the site is not good taste.

I do not believe it is wrong to have a difference in opinions but I do believe the manner in which we address it makes a big difference. If somebody post something that I do believe is factually wrong, I would first approach them by PM and try to resolve the matter; instead of attacking them on the site. I always try to put myself in the place and position of the person asking the question and think that they can only but take a dim opinion of the uncles and aunts when they start having disagreements, not to mention attacking each other on the site via postings.

Personally I do agree we all have different opinions and are entitled to raise our opinions, but I do hope that the uncles and aunts can handle there differences on a more professional manner and if need be discuss it and attack each other via PM; instead of the site. Honestly, at time it does not create a good image and I do believe it does do damage to the overall site when uncles and aunts are attacking each other in "public" so to speak.

Yes, I think, a more professional "code of conduct" written or unwritten between the uncles and aunts will only be to the benefit of the site.

We are all her with the motivation to try and help people, but then in the process, let us not destroy and hurt each other. Let us stand together, united, with the main goal to help "others"; as united we can do and achieve so much more. Let us all take hands and support each other in our goal and mission on this site: TO HELP OTHERS.

I am asking all of you to read my plead carefully and to salute if you are in accordance. Let us be a team working together on a professional basis.

Stop attacking each other in public( handle your differences in private), let us try to keep up the good name and reputation of this site.

With lots of respect, good wishes and millions of smiles to you all.

Posted on 30 November 2008 @ 18:45 (London time) - permalink

Marquess of Queensberry rules, I presume, my Dear Uncle Phil! Of course, we all know Our Gentleman Sailor is a valiant defender of DC and only every says what is prudent, wise and necessary. I think defending oneself is an admirable trait, as long as one does not get down in the muck themselves! One (that would be ME) has a proper stick up one's proverbial today, don't I? LOL! AND, I must quite agree that a Martini does loosen Miss Numnum's tongue as well. Of course, I never allow myself a drink until at least 11 in the morning, shortly after I get up, so that seriously limits my time for answering questions while sober. Such a pity as I had SUCH faith in that 12 step program. Unfortunately, I live over an OddBins and it's only 12 steps there! Still, as I used to say to my little babies that have flown the nest, Do As I Say, Not As I Do, as well as, Get the Hell out of my Kitchen and Don't make me come over there...

Posted on 30 November 2008 @ 19:3 (London time) - permalink

Thank you for a long and well written post, Smiles!

What you said, back at you! In total agreement!!!

SALUTE!!!!!!

Posted on 30 November 2008 @ 19:28 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'll stand to live by this code as I deem it fair and I agree, the majority are here to help and offer their insights and we will not always have the same opinion.

Differences of opinion are needed as they offer valueable insight that we can also learn from.

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 0:25 (London time) - permalink

birdy you should have offered a coffee warning with that one hun (((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 8:28 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You're quite right Fade - differences of opinion and answers coming from different angles are definitely needed - otherwise everyone would be giving virtually the same answer to every question, and what would be the point of that?

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 13:10 (London time) - permalink

Really excellent point!!! I'm putting that line down in my "Quote Journal" Fade.

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 17:28 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

I think all of you are just full of shit.

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 18:20 (London time) - permalink

Just kidding heh heh

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 18:20 (London time) - permalink

Oh yes, world peace.

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 18:21 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Eyes, you big nut! 8^P

I agree that if there's a difference in opinion that the aunts/uncles should work it out via PM. There's no need for personal attacks as this does the original question poster no good, provides no help and actually distracts from the primary issue.

Birdy & Smiles, I think your points are well written and should be SOP for the regular aunts and uncles here, as well as all the newbies!

So whoever did whatever do set this whole thing off, I hope that you're thinking more clearly and not upset at whatever perceived insults might be thrown around. Part of the problem with written communication is that it can be taken the wrong way and misconstrued; there are no non-verbal cues to read and you cannot hear tone of voice.

So peace, people, peace! And let's keep our focus on the questioners, not each other's shortcomings. Of which we have many. Including that those pants make you look fat. (Okay, trousers! Sheesh.) And are you sure that's a good color for you? And OMG, did you go to the butcher's for your hair cut?

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 18:29 (London time) - permalink

Miss Tish! I was going to put my butt on the avatar, but it wouldn't fit! Thanks for joining the party! Hey Eyes, Thanks for joining the rest of us? Actually, the point that made me start writing this column wasn't directed at me, it was directed at a friend, who wrote to me in my mailbox after a particularly personal attack directed at her.

I did this spoof in the manner of Miss Manners, who is a great example, because she doesn't suffer fools gladly. She can make a point and do so without name-calling, actually, she rather makes others fall on their own swords because they have been uncouth. Hoisted on their own petard, as it were. Mind like a steel trap. Sigh, wish that were the case for me... Too many grey cells washed away.

Anyways, the same point as the original can be made in the manner of the Robert Fulghum who wrote "All I need to know I leaned in Kindergarten" IS...

If you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself!

In as far as a fellow Auntie goes. We are all here for the same purpose and I just think it's better to keep personal attacks off of columns where people have written to ask for help.

AND "World Peace"...

Damn it. That's my favorite toast. Now I need a Martini...

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 18:47 (London time) - permalink

I warned a new kid that she'd best keep a civil tone with regards(or is it in regards?)to her fellow aunts or you'd be all over her Birdy.

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 18:59 (London time) - permalink

Oh and World Peace..3 olives in mine, Thank you.

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 19:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

We have to be full of shit to a degree, to put up with shit. :P

Eyes...you don't need a drink, you need a whack by some hot, manly stud. *grins*

Everytime I hear world peace, I think of Miss Congeniality.

Stan Fields: What is the one most important thing our society needs?

Gracie Hart: That would be... harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan.

[crowd is silent]

Gracie Hart: And world peace!

[crowd cheers ecstatically]

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 19:31 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

If any of my friends are subjected to name calling,I would still be there giving a retort.Would that be ok?

World Peace.A dream that now seems so far in India atleast...

We need a giant dove that pecks on terrorists as soon as they come out of their hidey hole.

Well a person can dream....

Posted on 1 December 2008 @ 22:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'd settle for a giant dove dropping some white and gray luvin onto them...the splatter effect in itself could eradicate terrorists altogether.

Posted on 2 December 2008 @ 16:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Good one Fade!

Where's our Miss.Manners aks Birdynumnums?Miss you Birdy!Hope you are doing well.

Posted on 4 December 2008 @ 16:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Birdy,

I tried very hard.But when someone called me a cultural scam I saw Red.I am sorry I didn't follow the rules.

Hope you are doing fine.Miss you lots.

Posted on 6 December 2008 @ 17:50 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey Birdy,

I am Miss.Non manners.Sigh.I am so sorry.I am not giving up.I am going to keep trying till I get it right.

I hope you are doing fine.Miss you lots and lots ans lots.

Posted on 16 December 2008 @ 16:49 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

If male chauvinism is wrong so is female chauvinism.When we are giving advice let's take into account the fairness of the situation.If a woman cheats on her husband she should be forgiven.?But when a man does it he should be pounced on and torn to shreds?I am being polite.But I need to speak out against injustice whether it be to a man or woman.

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 11:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey I equally get on both sexes cases. I don't see how counselling is never seen as the option as most times, someone is severely unhappy, or uber selfish and use sex as a means to distract themselves, causing more pain and devastation to the family and marriage.

Having said that, no, I don't hate them for doing it, I think of the children and it seems the adults are clueless as to what their hatered and self loathing are doing to them.

They are the REAL victims.

I think both sexes can be idiots, but again, I hope both sexes can pick themselves up, seek counselling, work to repair the marriage, and from there on, stay married, except in cases of abuse.

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 15:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey Fade,

Will remember it for sure next time.I miss Diovan around.It kind of feels empty with out her,BigSis,Birdy.Sigh.

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 19:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hugs to all!

Hey Bugs,sounds as if you need lots of hugs. (Give little Bugsy some of the extra ones).

Yes, I agree with you, it is very quiet. Most people are probably on holiday! (I am enjoying mine)! Lots of time to soak up the sun!

I share your wishes to everybody and also lots of thoughts and hugs to Tisha and her sister!

Oh, but to all of you dear Uncles and Aunts...lots of BIG HUGS!

Phil, I am enjoying the jokes.

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 20:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey Mamma,

Thanks for the Hugs.Thanks for being you.

Tisha hope your sis's treatment is proceeding fine.My prayers are with you guys.

Big Sis,I miss you lots

Birdy its just not the same with out you.I hope you are having a great time where ever you are.

Diovan,check your mail box.

Wintry, how are you doing

Kinky,how are you feeling

Pepper I miss you.That's an understatement.Please be safe.Mwah.

Guys I am not too sure.I might not be around too much from tomorrow onwards except for some questions that I am following up.

If I am not back for the holidays in the forum,

Merry Christmas Everyone and a Happy New year!!God bless you and your family.

Eyes!this message is especially for you.You have made me laugh when I have been feeling in the blues.You amaze me with your sense of humor.

Smiles thanks for all the smiles

AskOlderSis you are a dear!

Fade,Have a safe delivery.God bless.You have always protected me in the posts.It was like having my elder sister around in school.Ha Ha.I appreciate it a lot.

My perception of foreigners changed in this site.

I am blessed to have met you guys.

Uncle Phil!Thanks again for everything.

Diovan always teased me about this day.I wish she was here to tease me today too.

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 22:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks Bugs! I hope you and your family have a wonderful festive season and hope little Bugsy will get spoilt lots!

Here is something for all the dear uncles and aunts:

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

HUGS to ALL!!!

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 0:40 (London time) - permalink

Hello There All You Elves! Sorry I have been away so long, it's hard to put things together when you can't get around, and I've been trying to order up Christmas by the Net - while picking up prescriptions and getting "handicap placards". All I want for Christmas is a new hip! I'm still "undecorated" and the house is a tip, so I doubt I will be spending much time on site until after Xmas. Bugs, miss talking with you! I hope things start to get better for you, Wintry! You are a brave young'n and a wonderful young woman. Miss reading all your sage advice Tish! Hi MamaMia and Fade and my friends Phil and Duckies! Big MWwwahh's to Danielepew!!! I'll be popping in and out!!! XXX Where's the Christmas Party this year??????????

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 2:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm thinking...it's at Eyes place. Don't quote me but wasn't that where we had the bbq a month ago?

It's party central over there, I'm sure of it.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 6:4 (London time) - permalink

Birdy!!!!! So happy to see you around, even if the place is a tip. You should see the state of my laundry. Sigh...

So let's get this party started....

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 14:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Let the bodies hit the floor...

:P

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 15:59 (London time) - permalink

That's the sign of an excellent party. :D

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 16:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

*grins*

Can't wait to pick over wallets when everyone is passed out or it could be due to food poisioning. Those eggs from the bbq didn't sit well with me...

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 16:5 (London time) - permalink

That's cause I put a roofie in each one. The butt plug box recommended it.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 19:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

There's a butt plug box? What are the wonders of said box? How can I exploit them??

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 20:41 (London time) - permalink

Okay Fade all I know is I found a box of them in Andrew's office closet, but he is adamant that they don't belong to him, per say, most likely just confiscated off the site...ANYWAY since nobody really knows what the hell to do with them or more likely WHY the hell, it was just a good thing the box had instruction on the side.

What AM I talking about?????

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 20:52 (London time) - permalink

Has one of your roofies gone missing, Eyes?

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:0 (London time) - permalink

I'm one roofie shy of a date rape, i guess.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Are those instructions in english? Did you B&E into Andrew's office??? Tell me how to get in there...now I'm curious...

Because I want to get into Andrew's office and read the instructions and seem obsessed with butt plugs?

Does this make me bi curious?

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:11 (London time) - permalink

I have a key. It doesn't make you bi curious it makes you a bi nutcase. But a lovable bi nutcase.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

So long as I'm loveable...:P

Some poor idiot sack of hot maleness will bend over backwards to keep me happy. *grins*

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:16 (London time) - permalink

You are lucky, I have to slip the old man a roofie to get any action.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

A roofie with some viagra??

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:23 (London time) - permalink

Close..Cialis

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:28 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well at least you ain't complaining you ain't getting any.

Besides majority of men whine about the women doesn't take charge so...

YOU SO TAKE CHARGE.

For all we know, Hubby likes that whole fantasy of being ...attacked while asleep or slightly tipsy...

WOW...YOU HORN DOG EYES!!!! *grins*

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:29 (London time) - permalink

Arf.

Have you ever watched "Mrs Doubtfire"? I just loved the part where she (Robin Williams) says that her late husband's idea of foreplay was to say "Brace yourself Effie". Ha ha that always cracks me up.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh yah...one of my favorite movie quotes. Too funny! It can be like that and sometimes...it should be.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Somebody give me a clue here - what the hell is a roofie? Not sure if I want one or not . . . .

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

as for the foreplay - the Cornishman's idea of it is " 'wake are 'e?"

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:47 (London time) - permalink

It's called the date rape drug, guys slip them into a girl's drink. Don't know the chemistry behind it though. Those Cornish.....

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:56 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ah! Rohypnol or similar. How come women never slip that stuff into a guy's drink?

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:58 (London time) - permalink

Because men produce that compound naturally in their brains, so it would be redundant. ;)

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 21:59 (London time) - permalink

Haven't you ever watched a man's brain go blank when a knockout prances by? That's natural rohypnol at work right there.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 22:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Karen, I wish I had a suitable reply to that, but my brain is addled at the memoent. Mabye I'll come back when I'm sobre!

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 22:5 (London time) - permalink

Hey, Unky Phil, have you been at the other party and broken into the Hot Butter Rum Thermos? I certainly hope so!

Cheers!

*clink!* my glass to yours.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 22:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'll second that! *Clink!*

Hold the butter.

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 22:19 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hugs to you all!

Had a good laugh reading all the postings here on the forum! "Uncle" Phil, don't let the girls ...(lol).

You bunch are great!I am having a great holiday, but like to catch up online with you lot!

BIG HUGS!

Thisha, it is great news about your sister! Welcome back!

Birdie, I noticed you "peeped" in! Let me know when we can sing!

Bugs, I am waiting for some more recipes! Please!!!!!The others were great!

Pepper, where is BIG SIS? Can you find her? Tell her she is missed!

Wintry, I am so happy for you. Yes, the beaches are overcrowded! That is why we get away from our homes at the coast and go inland for holidays! Lots of special hugs for the little ones. Oh, dear I was nearly in tears looking at the picture! God bless you girl, with lots of strenght and it will go your way! You need help, just shout!

Diovan, you are missed! Fade, take it easy, take care of that little boy, oh, you will enjoy him! Not long to go!

Oh, to all of you, (impossible to list you all), lots of HUGS and take good care. It is a time to be happy. To love and be loved! Let the past be and look towards the "bright" star! New beginings! Thanks to all of you for what you have done for me and all your support! Also a special thanks to Irish49,Ask Eve, Spirit of Iona(you are missed) oh just so many of you. Thanks to you all! Okay, before I get "raindrops" in my eyes, always remember, you are all very special!!!

Andrew, thanks for a great site. It is a privilage to be part of the DC family!

Look after yourselves over the festive season and drive "carefully".

I am not online much during the holidays, but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I wil post a special poem closer to Christmas as my gift to you all.

BIG HUGS to you all!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 19 December 2008 @ 22:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Diovan will be back. I will her to be. :P She's a tough cookie and I have great respect for her. I get her and understand her so those moods and rants she gets into...you can't say we all wish we could be kick ass just a wee bit more.

We secretly live vicariously through her. I know it...admit.

She knows she will have the love and support of friends to welcome her back.

Babes is doing fine. Although I don't remember if it is 'normal' to have dropped at 32 weeks...the braxton hicks woke me up all night last night, a new development...ever.

I think I'm in a heck of a load of trouble with this Bum.

To Phil...WHY IS THE RUM GONE???

Posted on 20 December 2008 @ 2:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Because I drank it Fade! However, all is not lost - I went to the cash and carry last evening and restocked with a fresh case of 6 bottles. It should last until next week with any luck. A lot depends on whether or not my dear son pops in for a tot or three - and his missus drinks it too.

Brandy butter is acceptable - but rum butter? Quite a waste of rum - and butter!

Posted on 20 December 2008 @ 12:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I don't know what is up with the Emoticon Phil. Hope all is well on your side of the fence.

Just want to take this time to thank those who have taken the time to get to know me and have befriended me.

I'm glad you guys know I'm far from perfect, never profess to be, and actually enjoy what I have to say. That you take the good with the bad. Just like any relationship.

I'm also glad that you take the time to talk to me, email me, wish me well, and know when to encourage, support, and when to say...hey Chica...you okay, you seem a bit pissed today, want to talk about it?

You know who you are...

*hugs*

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 1:42 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Just having a bad day, that's all. I think I'm ok again though. Was seriously thinking of deleting my entire account - had my finger on the button a few times.

I think I'll have an early tot today to warm the cockles. (:o)

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 11:42 (London time) - permalink

good grief I go awol for a few days and the whole place is full of butt plugs n rum!!!!!!!!!NOTHINGS CHANGED THEN!!!!!HUGS LOVE N HAPPINESS!!!!dont delete uncy phil ur well loved xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 13:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yah...wot the heck would you be doing by deleting your profile?

Don't let the Biddies of the site shrink yah. ;)

You have too many hot, young thangs thinking yer kick arse!!!

This place blows already because the strong minded, fun loving, people flew else where.

STAY.

Goodie Boy. :P

Where's Diovan and her whip when you need it...

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 17:42 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I've calmed down, was thinking off leaving, but since I've not been banned, might as well stay...

Since I'm now on auto-approve, you should be seeing a new calm me, full of nice, sweet words and tons of joy, to make people with problems always smile...

Be careful though, remember, those words are probably coming from somebody else. I'm mean, rude and offensive, just like I always was... But I'm still around everybody.... Don't leave, just do what I do, and spend less time here, no need to avoid the website forever, there are many people (Uncle Phil) who will miss you if you leave... I'm one of those people who prefer a little bite to go with my tea and rum.

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 17:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Are we allowed to drink on Dear Cupid, cause I know they closed the last bar down. If so, then, pop a little rum in a cup for me.. I'm celebrating, celebrations and that's a good enough excuse to pass the bottle to me... Jack Daniels of course..

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 17:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I haven't been banned, not officially. Just NONE of my posts are going through at the moment.

And they say we are the biatches. :P

I'm so bad.

Yah, we should make our own place to hang and say whatever the hell we want. Like a knitting, rum drinking, butt plugging place.

This way we get to be ourselves a bit more.

The stink of it all was that another Uncle could demean the women of this site and advertise his hate for womenhood, and mock those who tried to comfort and help him...and he gets to continue on his way because he didn't swear. Oooh.

I didn't in either of my posts in response to his BTW.

THE MAN always trying to shut down a brother...

WB Diovan.

It was a bad day, you think humankind is entitled to having a bad day.

For now on, we'll coach one another and rely on those select few to temper our butt kicking mode.

They care about us and this site more so than the Nazis.

Glad that shiat is ended. :D

Yes, I'm going out of my way to deliberately use offensive language.

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 17:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have a photo shoot for the new year, even in my pregnancy mode. The photog wanted me to have a bottle of JD and a cigar, while I am decked out in my total Goth attire.

I was like...it's funny and I see where you are going but...being pregnant...just not a good message I want to send out.

So...we'll have to come up with something else.

I told him cucumbers and gords would be interesting...

:P

Just do you know how hard it is to get those bastards to put a condom on?

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 17:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Don't worry girls, it's all in the past now and the cause of my angst has all been sorted out (I hope) and I'm hopefully back to my old self. It knocked me for six though.

Anyway, I refuse to continue into the Christmas period feeling anything other than delightfully, deliriously happy. So, on that note, Lynne and I wish absolutely everyone on this site a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year, and may the force be with you and all that crap. And if you disagree with that sentiment, then b**l**s to you!

Happy Christmas Everyone!

(even though it's a few days off yet)

Phil (yep, that's my real name in case anyone was wondering)

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 18:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

*laughs*

The force is awesome. Didn't anyone see what Yoda could do????

Happy Christmas to you and Lynne and kidlets Phil.

*waves*

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 18:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Kidlets? Christ, the youngest one is 37 and left home a bloody long time ago!

Anyway, same to you darlin'! (and thanks!)

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 18:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You can't tell me he's still a kidlet to you. I know I'm still going to think of my kidlets as kidlets...

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 18:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I guess he'll always be my little boy, but these days he's more of a drinking partner!

I now have a little Cocker Spaniel that I refer to as 'The Doglet'. A substitute I guess!

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 19:3 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Doglet...sounds like a navy term for...something I'd rather not broach. :P

Posted on 21 December 2008 @ 19:16 (London time) - permalink

Does that mean that a young Texas A & M fan would be an aglet? And a young Egyptology fan would be an ankhlet? And a young man who wears braces (suspenders to us Americans) is a bracelet?

Phil, please don't go away! Go do something else for a while, but don't leave us. We all can use a break here from time to time....

Posted on 22 December 2008 @ 0:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Did Uncle Phil just say something about goodwill, happiness and joy... well just who am I gonna argue with if he goes and dose that... bah humbug to Christmas, I say... I only turn up for the drinks and the turkey anyway...

Posted on 22 December 2008 @ 2:20 (London time) - permalink

Love the new piccy hunny is that you with your mouth planted shut!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!Bah! humbug straight back at ya LOL!!!!!!And a very happy Christmas from all of my crew to everyone and a cracking new year XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 22 December 2008 @ 10:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

There are other festivals that have been celebrate around Christmas... One good example is the "feast of fools" headed by the "Lord of misrule".. It used to be very popular in Europe...

Mrs Pepperpot, now you know I don't know anything about no avatar.. Have you noticed something different about me. My avatar has always the same, the hat and a whip...It's never changed... You are confusing me? When did I go quiet, what are you talking about... It wasn't me... (lol)

Posted on 22 December 2008 @ 19:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Dear Birdy,

A very happy new year 2009.May you get the best brand new hip.Lord bless you with the courage and also wisdom for the doctors who are giving you the new hip.I miss you so much!.My prayers and thoughts go with you.

Love and Hugs,

Bugs

Posted on 31 December 2008 @ 20:15 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.15622909999729!