New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > The World Will Not Be Ending Tomorrow..

Go to latest mesage in thread

The World Will Not Be Ending Tomorrow..

, posted over a year ago

Dear Everyone,

I have it on good authority that the World will NOT be ending tomorrow. For those of you with an interest in science, the scientist are building some machine thing, and when they turn it on they will make a big black hole. There have been rumours started by some idiot called "Chicken Licken" that the whole universe, including, you, me and the whole of DC will be sucked into this black hole. Let me assure you that this will not happen, even though I have no idea what the heck is going on. You will be expected to report for duty as normal tomorrow, probably more hands will be needed to provide reassurance to the kids that are scared, and the people who sold all their belongings for no reason at all..

Please be reassured if the World ever dose end, we will get the news first and we will be sure to tell everyone so you can go off and prepare. Current projections are pointing to 2012, due to some Malayan calender thing. This of course will be after the Olympics which are due to be held in London, so please don't worry until after this date....

Public announcement is now over.... Please return to work...

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 1:51 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Diovan, thank you for that very comforting update. I just want to say that if we do get sucked into that black hole that I hope we at least have a chance to say 'hi' to each other as we swirl into the void. Maybe we should wear 'DearCupid' t-shirts or nametags so we can identify ourselves to each other.

Do you think we should pack some bags just in case? You know, things like that shampoo that's so hard to find, or the family photo albums? Oh, and those really great shoes that I bought for the fall and haven't had a chance to wear?

Hmmm. Do you think we'll need sunscreen in a black hole?

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 2:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi Tish,

I don't think any of those things would be useful, but you could pack those wedding pictures, that you've haven't had a chance to look at yet. I don't really understand what a black hole is, because I don't understand science, but probably some candles and a torch would be good. Can you bring some cakes as well, just in case we get hungry on the journey to where ever we will go.

PS: Don't tell anyone else (Diovanlestat looks around, and pulls Tish closer) I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but it doesn't seem there is anything to do to prepare against a black hole. But do you think this is the time to find George Clooney, they said if it's the end of the world then it's alright to look him up and have an affair. Your from the USA, do you think you could tell him to give me a date before it's too late. Anyway we don't want to panic anyone, so as far as me and you are concerned it's business as usual, so forget the T-shirts and name tags, that will make people suspicious.

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 3:1 (London time) - permalink

Diovan, I think Gordon is going to be devastated that you've chosen George over him. But I'll see what I can do. I think George spends a lot of time in Italy now, doesn't he? So maybe he lives closer to you than you think.

I was thinking about making granola tomorrow. But you need the cereal bowls and milk too, so maybe that's not the best thing to pack. If you bring candles, I'll try to remember matches.

I'm putting this on the iPod. Do you think they'll have a place I can recharge it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqroT1FZ5Y

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 3:11 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Newsflash-End Of The World has been postponed due to bad weather. Although experiment to recreate life, universe and everything will go ahead as planned today,this only involves firing hadron particles thingies in one direction.

The more complicated stuff involving firing them everywhere and possibly creating a black hole was originally scheduled for october and that has not been changed.

As black holes suck everything into them forever including planets, the world is assured we still have a few weeks of panic left.

However boffins say that there is very minute chance of creating a black hole except by sheer accident. And even if they did it would only be an itsy bitsy little one which would dissapear up its own arse within a nanosecond.

However this will give earth-abiders a chance to get rid of unwanted clutter such as ex's, politicians, PMT and belly button fluff. Oh and them appaling Old Lady type curtains your Aunty Senile gave you 10 Christmass's ago. Might as well chuck her in as well come to think of it.

So dear readers what else would YOU like to stick in your own personal black hole?

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 6:10 (London time) - permalink

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

Well Waz...gimme a sec while I just take a quick look to see if there is any more room in my personal hole...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w129/pbarbs/whats-up.jpg

ps...I sincerely hope there'll be a baccy shop there, can't go anywhere without my aromatic shagg!

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 9:12 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

So I can say byeeeeeeee to my P.M.T then just send it down the black hole YEA! Mmmmmmmm let me tink vat else can I send down der....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff5hzwP0q44

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 9:17 (London time) - permalink

No womb in my black hole for Zebedee, Pepperdee ... I may have a coil up there but it aint got the space to boiiinnngggg! Hahaha!

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 9:26 (London time) - permalink

he!!!!! :) ur mad mind u it help to b mad to b here (:0) XXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 13:54 (London time) - permalink

Aye, pepper, you're so right. And BigSis, seriously, where do you find these links? OMG!

So on my list for the voyage to the black hole, iPhone, dog, do you think I could pack a beach house? I'd sure like one...

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 14:14 (London time) - permalink

That's a wicked picture don't you think.... AH AHH AAAHHHH....Tishaaaaa?!.....BLESHA!!!

I know a few people with their heads stuck so far up their jacksies they can see their cavities from the inside!

A beach house? Are you for real?

{Make that large enough for me as well, and throw in a heated pool too. Thanks Luv}

; )

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 20:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes get rid of all of the Zebbedee, Dillion, the roundabout, the magic, and the theme tune, and that strange, spotted cow... Throw them away, they are a nightmare, they drive little children insane.. And put in football while your at it.. Lets work together to make the world a safer place...

Hey people, do you think Elvis will be in the black hole, me and pepper miss him, and we want to come back. We are the people that paid the scientist to make this universe changing machine.. I miss Elvis, I'm looking forward to the black hole that brings him back to me.. (Diovanlestat wipes tears off with her sleeve, because she knows Tish's hankies may be lurggie)

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 21:21 (London time) - permalink

I washed them, I washed them already!!!

Sheesh. Some people...

And that picture, BigSis, OMG. I can say no more.

Heated pool, check.

Wine cellar?

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 21:23 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Shag (UK tabacco) matches, candles, torch, Gordon Brown and George Clooney.. Clean hankies..

Check, check, check...

Oh.. we better make sure we bring Bigsis and Pepper along, we must not forget to bring them as well...

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 21:36 (London time) - permalink

oh fanku hunny dont forget little moi! n ya shag, Do we have 2 take gordon I mean if its that important to you then ok as Im a loyal and loving friend n all dat! Can I bring my fluffys Ive only got about a 100 maybe (:0)

Here is something for u hunny, 5 minutes of paint drying but just for u its quite funny, captain brown arggggggg!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_Ft0fO_R4

Posted on 10 September 2008 @ 21:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The World has not ended.. See I told you so...

Public Announcement Over.....

PS: Or maybe it did, and we are all in the black hole.. sure seems the same to me.. that was boring, can we do it again???? :^(

Posted on 11 September 2008 @ 13:1 (London time) - permalink

HonningKaninHonningKanin, posted over a year ago

:) I know I am late on posting this, but just cause I thought it was funny is that the LHC has had a failure. Its been shut down because of a helium leak and wont be back on track till spring 2009.

When it was turned on it never colided any particles together, so thats pretty much makes making a black hole impossible. The plan was to spin the particles in one direction after a few months spin them in the opposite direction and then months later spin them in in both directions simultaniously to collide them and that wasn't going to be until like spring of next year.

They have winter maintenance so they won be start so they probably wont be colliding any particles now till late 2009.

Posted on 13 October 2008 @ 14:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thank you HonningKanin,

People we now have an update from somebody that understands science thing. Unfortunately I will have to translate because it doesn't make no sense.

We have a year to prepare, get ready for the end of world in 2009. They shut down the machine thingamabob, because it got broken. It was supposed to start dancing to the left, then dancing to the right, then it was supposed to dance left, right and up and down, but it didn't dance at all..

HonningKanin, says that it's broke and they called in the engineers. The machine ate something funny and started passing gas. It will be dancing again in Spring 2009, so pack your suitcase now, we got plenty of time to prepare..

Public Announcement over....

Posted on 26 October 2008 @ 16:44 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.171884700001101!