New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > 4th July

Go to latest mesage in thread

4th July

, posted over a year ago

I just thought I'd wish our colonial cousins across the pond a very happy independence day!

I know you're halway through it by now, but go easy on the champagne and keep your fireworks in a dustbin with the lid firmly on.

Happy holiday dear cousins!

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 19:22 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! whooooooooooooooo!!!!! n hic!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 19:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks Phil. We're just waiting until it's time to start up the grill, drinking wine cooler and snacking and listening to music. burp!

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 19:36 (London time) - permalink

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

Scuse you Troubled, nice was it?

I wish you all a happy 4th

I'd like to tell you now

Get a pencil ~ write this down

I'm gonna tell you how

Pass it on to all your friends

Just tell them what you heard

The way to have a happy 4th

Is buy a 5th one with on the 3rd!

: )

xXx

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 20:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Were hitting up the 5th on the 4th looking forward to the fireworks tonight. Oh, wait, the fireworks were early this morning. What the hell, whats wrong with 2 shows a day. :))

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 21:19 (London time) - permalink

IM STILL CELEBRATIN MATE VXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 22:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Traitors, there should be no celebrations, I declare the end of independance day because we don't have one in the UK. It's time our cousins come back home, I've had enough of this freedom nonsense stuff. Put up the flag, send out the ships. On behalf of the British war is declared.....

Cause we ain't got no fireworks and stuff, and every year you just rub our faces in the fact we lost the war.... We want independance day too, how do we get one?

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 22:18 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well Diovan, for a start we could all vote UKIP!

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 23:1 (London time) - permalink

lotus mama808lotus mama808, posted over a year ago

Hmmm.....Independence......or a lack there of. Anyway, don't want to get in the political ho-ha going on in the US, just want to say, Happy 4th! When the rest of the US lay under a smokey haze of fireworks, Hawaii will be the last ones to be celebrating! (and half of us don't, as they feel their independence was robbed, but sometimes you catch them lighting a firework, lol). Shoot, I have enough sparklers for every child on the island! FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Hope you all are having a blast!

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 23:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You wouldn't want us back. Think of the national debt that you would inherit. And then the congressional and presidental sex scandals. You don't have those over there, do you? No public officials getting a little nookie on the side?

OK, declare war. I can't wait until the sailing ships arrive. All those white sails will look so pretty on the horizon. Go ahead and capture Washington, D.C. Good riddance, but we want to keep the Smithsonian museums.

The fireworks will just ruin your hearing anyway. But if you really want them, you could celebrate getting rid of us.

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 23:6 (London time) - permalink

I LOVE U XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 23:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

All of us at once pepper. We're blushing now.

I guess all of the US nutters are all out stuffing their faces. They have been silent, except Lotus Mama, but she will be stuffing her face in a few hours. Wife and I had a nice meal, just the 2 of us. Dessert as soon as we can stuff down some more food. BURP! The bourbon and beer was good to. HIC! BURP! More fireworks tonight. I hope. Hope I didn't dwink too much.

Posted on 4 July 2008 @ 23:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

NATIONAL DEBT!!!! I Declare an end to all hostilities, we got money problems of our own. You enjoy this 4th of July day, and get your debt's under control. We'll review the situation in a years time, so have a good time untill then. I'll be back....

Posted on 5 July 2008 @ 2:6 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Thanks Benny Phil for the greeting from the mother ship! I have overeaten with the rest of my compatriots, after having been a

so good all week.. URP! And a wee bit of wine too! And don't you have Guy Fawkes Day? Lots of fireworks that night, as I recall.. Scared the dog half to death!

So you all have a great weekend!!!

xxx

as Mandy sez I luv u all too!!!

Posted on 5 July 2008 @ 4:47 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Troubledtoomuch - if your head has stopped hurting - try googling 'John Prescott scandal' if you think our politicians behave themselves! Not sure if you'll be able to find any photo's, but what the hell she saw in him is beyond me. I can see what he saw in her, but she's on my blacklist now that he's been there!

When you've done that, try 'John Major and Edwina Currie' for more high jinks. Edwina could have my body to play with if she asked me nicely. There are countless others up to all sorts - sometimes, it seems, for our delectation and entertainment!

Posted on 5 July 2008 @ 9:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

John Prescott is an exception to the rule.

FOr those who don't know the rules for UK politicians, it goes like this:

Conservative politicians have sex scandals

Labour politicians have financial scandals

Liberal politicians don't have scandals because there aren't enough of them, but they have a good try at gay sex scandals that don't actually manage to upset anyone.

Mark

Posted on 5 July 2008 @ 12:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Aah, I feel much better this morning. Not great, but better. A nice walk out in the cool air this morning helped. My head still feels better than my stomach. I'm not used to that much fatty food at one time. URP! Beer, wine coolers and a bourbon Manhattan don't mix too well either.

Yes, Phil, I had heard of those 2 scandals before, but didn't remember the details.

I look forward to reminiscing with you next 4th about the war and old times, Diovan. Ah yes, I remember it well.

Posted on 5 July 2008 @ 14:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Too true winker, that's the way it goes over here.... I don't think we get upset about the sex scandals anyway. Did anyone here guess about Edwina and Major at the time. I wish I knew about that, it would have put the egg scandal right in it's place. The liberals do seem to have an awfull lot of married politicians that suddenly go all gay and loose their job...LOL and as for Prescot, well what can I say... The only thing that worried me was the stains on the carpet that taxpayers had to spend money on to get out. Sex scandals are lovely, bring them on.... Pity that our new PM, Mr Brown dosen't like sex, I'm not sure he likes people so they'll be no more scandals at number 10.

Posted on 6 July 2008 @ 7:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh sorry this is a thread about the 4th celebrations..... Congratulations to those of you that survived the festivities, we still have a few aunts and uncles missing and we've posted AWOL signals all over the world. Glad to see you made it back Troubletoomuch, but give us an update, have you still got the wife.

Posted on 6 July 2008 @ 7:37 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey Tisha, where are you? You got a hangover or sumpum?

Of course I still have my wife. Why would I get rid of her? Hey, we're both antiques now. She's worth a lot more. I'm just letting her value appreciate. Stomach is now back to normal and I'm back to a boring healthy diet until the next holiday.

Posted on 6 July 2008 @ 13:59 (London time) - permalink

have you still got the wife....I nearly fell of my chair yet again!!!!Im giggling like a fookin idiot all by myself OH MATE U MAKE ME LAUGH BOTH OF U :) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 6 July 2008 @ 18:40 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125060599999415!