Partner forgot to do something then lied and covered up that he forgot

Tagged as: Troubled relationships<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (11 June 2024) 1 Answers - (Newest, 11 June 2024)
A female age 51-59, *equtop writes:

Asked my partner today if he got onto the window cleaner again.

They told my partner a week a go they would be calling round on a Sunday when they are in the area to see how many windows needed cleaning. Sunday came and no message from them to say they had been that’s why I asked my partner to get onto them again.

I got told by him he had sent a email today. Asked him what time he sent it. Started looking through emails and saying he was sure he sent it. He lied to me. It was not sent at all. He then sends it but he lied instead of just admitting he had forgot. I get he might of been worried knowing he just had to send a message but forgot to do it.

He does not seem to bothered about the windows like myself but he knows they need cleaning. I wished he had told me the truth and said to me, No I forgot to call them instead of lying to me.

Sorry if it seems a silly question asking advice on it. Just wanted to get it off my chest.

A male reader, kenny United Kingdom + , writes (11 June 2024):

kenny agony auntI would just be inclined to brush it off if I'M honest, its not really that big of a deal.

Yes he should not have fibbed and said he sent email, but it got sent in the end.

Hopefully he has learned by this mistake that fibs more often than not come back to bite you.

Add your answer to the question "Partner forgot to do something then lied and covered up that he forgot"

Because you are not logged in yet, your answer will be posted anonymously.

To stop automated spammers using our form please write human in this box (create an account and this step is not needed):

- type "human" here

Please select your sex:  

0.0155965000012657!