New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Request site modification

Go to latest mesage in thread

Request site modification

PeterPanPeterPan, posted over a year ago

Is it possible to change the posts so that they report what time they were posted as well as the date that's already shown? Along similar lines, could you make a modification in the accounts such that they report those times related to your local time-zones?

Thanks!!

Posted on 23 May 2008 @ 5:51 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

I thought that Peter, I know the date is showing, but the time would be helpful too. Why don't you PM Andrew, I'm sure he'd tell us if it's possible or not, mention this thread and perhaps he'll post on it so we can all share his answer.

Besides, it's been a long time since we've seen him post. Must be a busy boy.

x

Posted on 23 May 2008 @ 6:29 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Dates, where?

Local time zone stuff won't happen but I will probably put how many minutes/hours ago things were posted to make it simpler (on questions/answers)

Would that work for people?

Andrew

Posted on 23 May 2008 @ 8:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

That sounds a brilliant idea. I have often thought about that one. I know it isnt possible, but when i see something from USA, Canada etc i often wonder what time it is in their countries. I had a mail from someone who said their kids where playing in the sun in the garden, it was freezing over here and about midnight!

xxxxxxxx

Posted on 23 May 2008 @ 11:34 (London time) - permalink

PeterPanPeterPan, posted over a year ago

Some kind of hour & minute reference would be great. As far as the time-zone stuff, I thought that might be the easiest to accomplish. In each account, add a selector for your local time-zone ...like GMT +6 (for me personally)... then, when a message is posted from anywhere in the world, it's saved on the server as GMT. When I come along and read the post, the server hands back the time plus my stored time-zone adjustment...

I'm seeing this as some Perl code or whatever language you used to create this page.

But honestly, I'd take any kind of mod that would tell me what time the message was posted, even if I've got to do the add/subtract in my head... so, that's for anything you can do...

Posted on 24 May 2008 @ 5:36 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140666499995859!