New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > postiong messages which are not printed

Go to latest mesage in thread

postiong messages which are not printed

HappyPlaceHappyPlace, posted over a year ago

Why oh why do I take the time to comment, only to find you haven't printed it!! There was nothing licentious in my comment so I really don't understand. You have an Agony Aunt called Cerberus who you seem to print everything he has written and I find it really frustrating not being able to respond. You either censor everyone the same or not at all. This site is very very very frustrating due to this reason!!

Posted on 3 May 2011 @ 7:35 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

C. GrantC. Grant, posted over a year ago

First off, have you looked at the guidelines?

http://www.dearcupid.org/pages/answer-guidelines.html

As a general rule, answers should address the question that was orignially posted. The site doesn't encourage comments on the answers provided by others, so that may be the problem you're running in to.

Posted on 3 May 2011 @ 7:57 (London time) - permalink

So why have you printed Cerberus's comments? Again, there is no consistency here. If you would like to know the question I am referring to, then please let me know. I would be further interested in your comments because you have gone against guidelines by printing Cerberus's comments!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 3 May 2011 @ 8:11 (London time) - permalink

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/am-i-wrong-or-can-it-be-as.html

The above message is the one in which some aunts have commented on others comments, so I would like to know why censorship has been used when I tried to post??

Posted on 3 May 2011 @ 8:52 (London time) - permalink

Why isn't anyone responding???? Who do I complain to about this in order to escalate this complaint further??

Posted on 3 May 2011 @ 14:31 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

God?

Posted on 3 May 2011 @ 15:25 (London time) - permalink

dirtballdirtball, posted over a year ago

God would be a good start, of course, around here he goes by the name DearCupid.

Well HappyPlace, what you're experiencing is moderator approval. All posts are subject to moderator approval. Some people, who have been here for a while and who have given consistently good advice are given what's known as auto-approve status. This is something that the moderators agree on before it is granted to an individual. This allows an individual to post their comments without having to go through the approval process. Because all of the moderators here are volunteers, and it takes time to read every submission, it can take some time before your post show up on the main page.

If you want your posts to show up faster, then don't give up. Give the best advice you can and eventually people will take notice. Complaining with a sense of entitlement won't get you far here.

Bottom line, you want to get AA status, you've got to EARN it!

Posted on 3 May 2011 @ 16:16 (London time) - permalink

God?? Are you there????

Thanks for responding; at least now I understand, even though I don't like it. I don't have a sense of entitlement, I have a sense of justice and fair play. One rule for all, that sort of thing. If I see injustice anywhere then I say something, always have! It's interesting but the chap before said had I read the t's & c's which clearly state that you cannot comment on another Aunt's post, but you must reply to the question. Your auto approve status means that those "valued" aunts and uncles are doing just that and engaging in battles, which I actually find quite informative and entertaining and it opens things up for debate! When you censor one, but allow another, that's not a fair playing field at all. At the end of the day, if I post something which you don't like, then you can vote to remove it. This makes far more sense to me. Also, what is AA status??

Have a great day x

Posted on 4 May 2011 @ 9:11 (London time) - permalink

dirtballdirtball, posted over a year ago

AA = Auto Approve. For what it's worth, AA status can be revoked if someone abuses it as well. Generally you also have to have had 100+ answers approved before you're considered for AA.

The battles are frowned upon and are usually the reason a thread gets shut down or pulled. The focus should always be the OP. I can't say I've never been drawn into a battle, and things like the articles section are more open for debate, but posting in question threads should always be with the OP in mind. If a debate over the best option for them ensues, it may or may not be beneficial.

The mods do their best in a pretty rough situation. You may feel it's injustice, but if you saw some of the things they deal with, it would likely change your mind pretty quickly. There are people out there who post some pretty hateful and hurtful things toward the people experiencing problems. That's not helpful to anyone.

With regard to differential treatment, when the mods log in to see 200+ answers waiting in the queue for approval, and another 70 questions, having some people on AA is very beneficial. It helps cut down on the work they need to do as well as gets people faster feedback from trusted individuals. Like I said, you can get there if you earn it.

Best of luck,

DB

Posted on 4 May 2011 @ 19:18 (London time) - permalink

Thanks for the response. The worrying issue here still in the unlevel playing field. I posted again on another question and it hasn't been printed. I was responding to the OP. I feel the moderators are perhaps using their own opinion to influence things and if they don't like what I write, they are not printing it. Very, very frustrating!!!!

Posted on 5 May 2011 @ 14:4 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

All anonymous posts have to go through the moderating process. If you aren't posting from your logged in account, you will not ever gain AA status and your answers will be posted when our VOLUNTEER moderators have a chance to log on and moderate. Sometimes it is within an hour, other times it may be several hours. It is frustrating if you are waiting to see your answer printed, but you have to understand that a moderator, a human being who is volunteering his or her time her has to read, all the way through, each and every submission from non-AA aunts and every single anon submission. This amounts to thousands of answers in a day. Thousands. Some are short and some are very long.

The alternative is to have every single answer moderated and that isn't possible with the level of questions we receive.

If you are submitting reasonable, helpful, noncombative posts UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, you will eventually be noticed by the moderators and will eventually achieve AA status.

That is how the system works here. It is not perfect, it is not always fair or evenly applied, as the moderating process is a judgement process by individuals, humans who make mistakes or err on one side of cautious or the other.

If you cannot tolerate the system, alas, this may not be the place for you. So, if you are submitting as an anon, then you will simply have to have patience and wait for an imperfect human being, an unpaid volunteer, to wade through the hundreds of postings and read them all, including your anonymous submissions.

Posted on 5 May 2011 @ 14:17 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124972999998135!