New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Getting the yellow highlight when you're the OP?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Getting the yellow highlight when you're the OP?

, posted over a year ago

I posted a question annonymously (I was logged out at the time) and received a code so I could be confirmed as the OP if I replied to my question. The funny thing is when I DID reply I was never given the oppotunity to enter a code, and naturally my reply (even though I started it by saying "OP here") isn't highlighted. So that means none of the people who gave me advice will know I updated my question.

So how do you ask a question annonymously and get your replies and follow up post highlighted? And more to the point, can I somehow get my reply for the post I already made highlighted? If I email the site admin will they do that or should I just repost the entire post?

Posted on 28 July 2010 @ 21:35 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

That's a question for "DearCupid" himself, aka Andrew. I don't know how that would be accomplished. The moderators have no means of highlighting a followup if it isn't there already.

You'll have to PM him or start the question over again. If you are logged in when you submit the question, there's a tick box that allows you to submit it anonymously. Just make the question different than the one that was already approved, to prevent it being rejected as a 'duplicate'.

Have you looked at being logged in vs. being logged out to reply? That is, you may be trying to reply from your logged in status, in which case the system assumes all your questions are there. If you do as a complete anon, maybe it'll give you a chance? I don't know how that works exactly.

PM Andrew and he should be able to help. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Posted on 28 July 2010 @ 21:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks. I did try replying while logged out as well as logged in and ticking the annonymous box. There simply isn't a field to enter the code that identifies you as the OP. But people do it so there must be a way.

I've tried emailing Andrew in the past about something else and by the time he replied the issue I was having was ancient history.

I guess I'll just repost the whole thing.

Posted on 29 July 2010 @ 1:31 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I posted another annonymous question and this time actually read the instructions on how to follow up. You're supposed to go to dearcupid.org/find and then enter the code. It comes up with the question and you can reply. But I STILL don't have the highlight.

This is driving me nuts! Why can't I do this? I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure it out. Why is it not working? Do I have to be logged in?

And why can no one help me with this?

Posted on 3 August 2010 @ 0:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Mr Dog. You actually followed directions on something. By the powers vested in me, I hereby request that you turn in your man card, forthwith, and posthaste.

Posted on 3 August 2010 @ 2:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I was never issued one Q.

Posted on 3 August 2010 @ 22:34 (London time) - permalink

IllithidIllithid, posted over a year ago

Me either, Strontium. Q suggested some ways for me to earn one a while back, but the opportunity hasn't arisen.

Posted on 3 August 2010 @ 23:45 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

It's possible I could ask for the secret code when posting an anonymous answer to an anonymous question

I'll try and do some stats on how often this happens by matching the IPs which will give a rough approximation

Posted on 4 August 2010 @ 8:49 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124995600002876!