New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Dating

Go to latest mesage in thread

Dating

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Hi gang

I keep pondering adding a dating/social section to the site, so you could pop on a profile, see who's online, etc. etc.

Any interest? People could use it to date, make friends... ?

Maybe it would sit on

www.dearcupid.org/mingle

Comments? Would it distract from the site's core purpose? Or would it diversify nicely?

A.

Posted on 19 August 2006 @ 22:47 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Diversify is always good, especially when you create a self-contained network expanding from DearCupid. I think it's a great idea.

I'm just wondering though, is the site draining on your own resources?

Posted on 20 August 2006 @ 0:23 (London time) - permalink

Hi Martini

Thanks for the feedback!

No it's not too draining, now the software is running I can let it run by itself without too many problems (big shout out to the moderators who make everything possible!). The hardest bit was the first year of programming and getting the site to work just how I wanted it.

So adding little niceities now isn't a huge effort compared to that.

I'll probably roll out this "social/dating" stuff to the site fairly low-key and see what happens, in the next month.

(anyone else got views on this)?

A.

Posted on 20 August 2006 @ 10:11 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi Andrew I think its a brill idea,I am not sure about calling it a dating site as you have vulnerable people of all ages surfing looking for love and being a free site with no screening facilities could be be quite dangerous.

Maybe call it "cupids friendship circle/corner"

But knowing you, you have probably thought around that.

Posted on 20 August 2006 @ 13:5 (London time) - permalink

Hi Ariel

Thanks for the feedback :-)

Good idea re: name.

A.

Posted on 20 August 2006 @ 16:44 (London time) - permalink

snowbirdsnowbird, posted over a year ago

Great idea - a dedicated space for us all to huddle, and 'big each other up'!?! (lol)...

Seriously, though, I do think it might be nice to have groups whereby we can invite specific, 'high-rated' aunts on and perhaps discuss a problem we have read, and get opinions as to how to approach it or arrive at a suitable reply - or discuss problems which we encounter. This needn't affect how we normally reply, but IMHO I think if we are 'question-fatigued', or tempted to give an answer based on our own personal opinion, according to our mood - and other variables, it would be helpful if we can pick someone who we feel has given the most appropriate advice in the past (in that field); and 'pick their brain' - so to speak!!

Some may see it as a hierarchy, I guess, but perhaps if people can be invited in say, when they gain a little 'heart' icon, or when they have arrived in the higher ranks; i.e; the ones voted as the most popular. The only problem I can envisage is when an aunt has not been active, and therefore 'slips' in the ratings, but then, we all take a holiday or whatever, so maybe once in, you are in - unless the day comes when you get a 'black mark' on your name (when maybe you give dangerous or really bad advice??) Not very likely, I know, as we will have arrived there on our own merits..

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head...any thoughts, anyone??

Posted on 24 August 2006 @ 9:22 (London time) - permalink

bonymbonym, posted over a year ago

Thats a great idea Andrew, I think that would work I also thought you may want to do this, why not have a tab with all the list of agony aunts who have a profile picture and profile info so people new to the site can have a look at all the aunts and uncles, so you could have a tab saying summin lik "Meet the aunts" and "Meet the Uncles" and then there would be a list of all of us with all out vital stats, and what we like and who we are exactly. I know you have the tab with top agony aunts but obviously, not everyone is in the top list and there are even some not in there who should be there, Malyce_Synn, Martini just to name a few. I think it would be cool!!! Of course the most creative profiles and gorgeous avatars should go first on the list (mine of course) lol. No seriously, I think it would be a great way for us to know who is who and new people will know what they are letting themselves in for. M xXx

Posted on 26 August 2006 @ 17:23 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124993099998392!