New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Panda Naming Contest!

Go to latest mesage in thread

Panda Naming Contest!

stinastina, posted over a year ago

Okay, so while I was on cuteoverload.com, I saw that there was a panda naming contest being held for 18 wee panda cubs at the Research and Conservation Center for Giant Panda (China). Even if you don't want to enter the contest, the pandas are *so* cute to look at!!!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2007-01/25/content_792519.htm

I just have to say this about number 1: the eyes! The eyes, people!! They're looking in different directions! *squee!*

Posted on 29 January 2007 @ 20:53 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

Saw this on th Tv news a few days ago. HOW CUTE ARE THEY!!

**ahem, not that I like cute or anything**

Posted on 29 January 2007 @ 21:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

awww so cute!

I want one :):)

*visits ebay*

Posted on 29 January 2007 @ 22:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

++1: the eyes! The eyes, people!! They're looking in different directions! *squee!*++

Haha, squee indeed! 83

Posted on 29 January 2007 @ 23:54 (London time) - permalink

I just found out about this today. Guess I'm behind the times. Oh, well.

Oh - I wish they sold pandas on ebay. I don't think I'd ever leave that site...unless it was to grab my panda out of the mail box. ;P

I lurve any animal that looks in opposite directions! :) haha

Posted on 30 January 2007 @ 1:56 (London time) - permalink

NikitaNikita, posted over a year ago

I saw this on the news the other night. My god, I could just eat them all,in an adorable cute kind of way you understand. I also saw a piece in the newspaper about a wee little polar bear who's mother died or something and he's being handraised by the keepers but, and this realy upset me, there's a campaign by some rights group who want him to be put down because they say he shouldnt be handreared. If you saw the pic of him you'd be crying into your cornflakes cos he's the cutest polar bear in the world and I think we should start a campaign to save him!;(

Posted on 30 January 2007 @ 11:43 (London time) - permalink

Nik - "I could just eat them all" lol I know what you mean! ^_^

What?! An animal rights group wants to put DOWN an animal??! What sense does that make? That's horrible! If the little tot is doing fine, then they should just let the experts handle the situation. And I saw that they posted his picture on cuteoverload, too. I just left a comment over there to see if anyone had ideas on how to save him - I know lots of animal rights people are over there. I can't imagine the majority thinks like this! I'm interested to see what they say and to see if there are any connections to get this stopped over there. Boo!!

Posted on 30 January 2007 @ 18:40 (London time) - permalink

Apparently there was another animal put to sleep in the same circumstances in a different zoo. I wish I could remember which one. I think its to do with the fact that they believe an animal shouldnt be reliant on a human if its lost its parents but surely any life for them is better than none at all?! Let me know if you get a response to your comment. I couldnt bear to think of a healthy animal being put down.

Posted on 30 January 2007 @ 19:8 (London time) - permalink

I found a news article on yahoo about all of this. They put down a baby sloth last month for the same reason. I don't know what difference it makes if the baby animals are brought up by people or not - it's not like they're going to ship them out of the zoo for any reason to live on their own. All of the other animals there are taken care of by people, too. This just makes no sense. I will let you know if anyone responds to my post over at the other site. This is awful and makes me sick. :(

Posted on 30 January 2007 @ 19:16 (London time) - permalink

Me too, i keep thinking of that poor little bear. Like you said, they're not going to be released into the wild or anything so its not like they have to defend themselves. I hope it can be stopped.

Posted on 30 January 2007 @ 20:12 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140637600001355!