New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084410 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > To Sincerely Yours

Go to latest mesage in thread

To Sincerely Yours

, posted over a year ago

I know you'll read this forum, so will you please come back? If I upset you I'm sorry - I didn't intend to and believe me, you're not unwanted, you have a lot to contribute.

Now - stop crying and get your arse back here or I'll feel guilty for the rest of my days.

Sincerely . . . .

Phil

xx

Posted on 27 August 2009 @ 18:42 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Oh no :O... I agree,Get your arse back on here!! Don't let an argument discourage you from being on this site and giving great advice!

Posted on 27 August 2009 @ 19:4 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

You're very much wanted and needed around here. Please do not think for one second that you are not valued and cared about here. You ARE!!!!!! And very much so!!!! We'll be the poorer without you. :(

Posted on 27 August 2009 @ 19:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Come back! You are absolutely needed and wanted here. You are cared about, please come back!

I know you'll have no clue who I am as I haven't been around, but I have been keeping uptodat in the forum, anyway please come back! It won't be the same without you.. :-(

Posted on 27 August 2009 @ 20:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

SY, why did you leave? I miss you and your answers. Besides, I was able to argue with you and still be friends. Please return. We need to know that you are happy and doing fine. We all miss you.

Posted on 27 August 2009 @ 23:43 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

I haven't posted on the forums for ages, but I would miss seeing your answers too! Your opinions and answers would be missed!

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 2:21 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

Where'd she go? What did I miss?

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 18:24 (London time) - permalink

I hope she was just called back to the mothership and will emerge a newer, brighter and better hamster.

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 19:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You have all changed my mind and made me feel better. Sometimes i get lost in my insecurities. But we all have our problems, isn't that how we found this site.

Thank you.

Ps.. it was NOT Phil's fault.

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 19:40 (London time) - permalink

Still a fat hamster. But a cute one. Welcome back, SY!

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 19:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The carrot makes her look fatter than she actually is! She's quite slender you know, very healthy!

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 20:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oooh, the chubby faced little hamster is much better than the palm tree. Back to SY. That has such a nice ring to it.

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 20:6 (London time) - permalink

I'm really glad you are back but then I wasn't told you left, nobody tells me anything around this joint.

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 20:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well don't worry. I think the only reason anyone knew was because of this forum. No one would dare exclude you eyes!

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 20:42 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

When you all say "SY" are you saying.. S.y. or pronoucning it like "sigh"?

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 20:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Just the 2 letters, S and Y. They have a nice sound to me. HF has more of a ring like BS. :) Pronouncing it like sigh also sounds nice, but I was thinking of the 2 letters.

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 20:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Welcome Back SY, so glad you had a change of heart, and i love the picture of the hamster.

Gina x

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 21:13 (London time) - permalink

I like it too! :^)

Posted on 28 August 2009 @ 23:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

TTM, maybe we should argue now.. it's been a while. We can ALL argue. Do you think it'd be possible to have one topic, and as many points of views as there are poeple contributing to this forum?

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 3:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh good greif! I answered what, four qustion?? And someone went and rated me a 1. Now i have 2 ratings. one ten and one one.

People are so stupid about raiting people. If they don't agree, they go and ruin someone.. not ig they're relly hurtful or actually gave really bad advice..

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 7:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm in! I love a good old debate :)

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 18:12 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What I would like to know (i am not religous) is what ya'll think of soldiers.. they go overseas fight in the war and end up killing people..

Would they be doomed to hell?

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 18:26 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh, now looking back at that, i realize it may be a sensitive subject and due to my current situation, you may be opposed to debate, but i'd really like to know what people htink of this. I kinda scares me.

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 18:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I don't personally believe there's either a heaven or a hell, but as for the soldier killing some other human being, he will probably have his own personal hell to deal with and demons to get rid of. It's part of the reason why ex-servicemen who've been in battle have a higher than average likelihood of turning to alcohol and other substances in an attempt to forget.

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 18:53 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I don't believe there is a heaven or hell either. I don't like the fact that soldiers kill other soliders as part of this so called war, because I DO think it is wrong, even though all soldiers are alike in the sense that they've signed up for it and know what they're getting themselves into. It's wrong to kill and be killed by another soldier because, that person could actually be a really great guy, and at the same time, just as guilty for killing other people! It's messed up really. I wish the government could settle it other than getting soldiers to do the dirty work!

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 19:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Me too...

what if..

that soldier is an amazing guy. He has high morals, and values, a good sense of right and wrong, remorse when needed, pride when appropriate, protective nature over what's important..

WHat if he always stood up for what he thought was right.. for people who were treated unfairly..whther they were strangers, friends, or enemies..

and then he goes to thhis war to HELP people.. to help people who are being abused by their gov. but the gov doesn't want them there so they send people to shoot at them.. and he has to defend himself and ends upkilling people..

is he then a bad person, dispite all his attributes?

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 20:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well, I don't have anything to argue with you about right now, but I'll see if I can find something soon. ;)

Most men and women become solders because they believe in their country and have a desire to defend it as their leaders see fit. They don't kill other solders because they are murders. They kill because they have to. They are no different than a policeman who has to shoot a bank robber who has a gun. That policeman has not done something that is immoral. Neither do most solders. As there are a few bad policemen or people in any profession, there are also a few solders who act immorally.

Will those few go to hell? Well, I suppose they might if there were a hell. I personally don't believe in heaven and hell.

Sometimes we go to war for valid reasons and sometimes we go to war for the wrong reasons. Each person has their ideas of which reasons are right and which are wrong. For instance, I believe that the US had a valid reason to go into Afghanistan but not to go into Iraq. That is just my personal opinion. So does that mean that the soldier who is serving in Iraq wrong and the one serving in Afghanistan right? No, they are where they are assigned to go. If anyone is to blame, it is the people at the top making the decisions. The solder who has to kill an enemy in Iraq is no worse than the one who has to kill the enemy in Afghanistan or the ones who had to kill men in WW II for that matter.

These men are doing what they think is right, that being defending the US. The ones who they are forced to shoot are also doing what they think is right. They think we are as misguided as we think they are. I'm not defending them, as I believe they are the ones who are wrong. I'm just pointing out that both sides are doing what they think is right. Which will go to hell? Neither, as I don't believe in hell.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 2:23 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I really like your point of veiw on that. And i'm glad for this feedback, I was a bit araid I was opening a can of termites but I really want to know what poeple think of it.

I don't know if i believe in heaven and hell. I don't know if i believe in god. But just as I won't say i don't think god is real, i won't say i believe heaven and hell don't exsist. I just use those terms to the chance that they do exsist. I'd like to think that if they do, that men and women with good hearts would not go to hell just for not being able to believe in a being that they can't see or touch. If i could see unicorns, i'd believe in those, but I can't, so how can i believe in them.

We can't see the wind but we can see what it does. But we can't see that a god is doing anything. There's misery and there's happiness. And the human race has brought those things on.

Soldiers who do what they think is right should not be punished. Afterlife scares me honestly. I hate to think of rotting in the ground and being forgotten about a hundred years later. I hate to think of burning for eternity for sins i have committed. Neither one seems fair. Life is so confusing, it hurs my head to think of it.

You have a good head on your soldiers TMT. Maybe mine could use some tidying up? Lol..

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 3:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks SY. We all have things that we fear and things that boggle our minds. For me the thing that has always boggled my mind since I was in my early teens is the concept of the universe. The concept that something this vast was created out of nothing. It is that concept that makes me think there is a god. However, if there is then I have no idea what form that god takes. I don't believe in organized religion, even though I was brought up in a somewhat religious family.

But back to the universe. It is beyond my imagination that the universe just ends at the outer regions and then there is nothing past that. I don't mean just empty space, but nothing - no space even. That is what the scientists tell us is the case, but I can't wrap my brain around that. And before the big bang, there was nothing. Again, nothing at all. However, that is not a fear of mine at all; just something that I can't envision.

My fears have changed over the years. I guess my biggest fear over time is not being loved by someone important, like my wife. Other fears, like losing a job or was some other guy better in bed, are minor in comparison. I don't dwell on any fear, but sometimes it comes up in my thoughts. If we spend all of our time dwelling on our fears then we can't live. We are alive, but not living a happy life.

Afterlife doesn't scare me. It is current life that I am concerned about. We we stay healthy? Will our marriage continue to be good? Will the world be at some level of peace or will things just get worse? Things like that. If there is no heaven or hell and no afterlife then why should I care if I am forgotten in a hundred years? What will it matter to me? I'm no great scientist or world leader, so it is a given that I will be forgotten in a hundred years. Why worry about it? There is nothing I can do about it. It will happen.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 14:5 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Interest post TTM :) I've wondered aswell the concept of the whole universe thing! For the most part all we have is theories. Oh and don't forget it's meant to be the end of the world in 2012 ;).

I'm not scared of death itself, just scared of HOW I'm going to die. I don't think I need to worry about that just yet, but then again, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow :).

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 14:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Lol, just look both ways before you cross.

Yes 2012, as it was supposed to happen in 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008.. Lol. There are solme crazies out there!

I'm so much afraid of rotting and being forgotten about, it just hate thinking of it. It would make this, right now, pretty pointless. But since i don't suffer from depression, I can bounce back from that thought immediately.

Now the part of your post that strikes me, is the "nothing" part. Everytime I try to think of the concept of nothing, my head gets all stuffy and I have to stop. Because the nothing that's out there and nothing from which this universe came, are diferent from the earthly nothings. It

s not black, it's not white because those are colours and therefor, it would be something.. it's not space because space is something. It's not air it's not room it's not gas or chemical or ANYTHING! AHHHHHHH so what is it???? what does NOTHING look like? Ok.. I have to stop before my brain calls the cops for abuse.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 17:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Supposed to be "i'm not so much afriad."

Also, I'm afraid of the way i'll die. I don't worry too much but it is a frightening thought when it comes up. Will it be a car crash? Those are bad.. people are on their way somewhere, they're expected, they have plans and it's all taken from them. Horrible.

A heart attack? If i'm alone, how can I survive? Will my air close up? Again, if i'm not IN a hospital, i'll die before anyone can get me there!

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 17:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Being something of an amateur astronomer, the concept of the size of the universe is one which I have a fascination of. A very helpful book that will help you understand just how unimaginably huge the universe is, and where it all came from is Bang! The complete history of the universe, written by Brian May (of 'Queen' fame), Patrick Moore and Chris Lintott. ISBN 1-84442-552-5 available through Amazon at something like half the RRP of £20.

I'll try to put things in perspective about the size of it all. Our sun, which is just an ordinary star in the Milky Way galaxy, is 93 million miles away from us and it takes 8 minutes for the light from the sun to reach us. Thereofre when you see the sun you are actually seeing something that happened 8 minutes ago, or in other words, 8 light-minutes. With me so far?

Ok. A light-year is a measurement of distance, not time. The Andromeda Galaxy - the nearest galaxy to our own - is visible to the naked eye (if you know where to look!) it consists of around 200 billion stars and is 2.7 million light years from us. So (think carefully here) when you see the Andromeda galaxy, what you are looking at actually happened 2.7 million years ago. The Hubble telescope has now seen galaxies that are an incredible 78 billion light years away.

The Big Bang happened 13.7 billion years ago but the universe has been expanding ever since. Get the book - it’ll explain it in far more detail than I can here! Also take a look at this from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw

In the general scheme of things we humans don’t really amount to much.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 18:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Phil, how can the Hubble see 78 billion light years away, as the universe is only 13.7 billion years old. The Hubble has seen back to 13 billion years.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2004/08/text/

It was more recently believed that the Andromeda galaxy contained 400 billion stars, but new data suggests that it contains 1 trillion stars, as compared to the estimated 100 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_Galaxy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_way

Another book that is interesting is Universe, the Definitive Visual Guide.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Universe/Ian-Ridpath/e/9780756613648/?itm=2

Of course, for those interested in time and the universe, one must read the book by Stephen Hawking - A Brief History of Time.

According to that Carl Sagen youtube link, the universe is 78 billion light years across. This article states that the universe is at least 93 billion light years in diameter. Now that confuses me. It states that it is believed that the laws of gravity and general relativity have been the same since the big bang. If this is true then how can the universe diameter be greater than twice its age, or 27.4 billion light years. For it to have expanded to greater than just under that diameter, the particles would have to have traveled at greater than the speed of light. If the theory of general relativity is correct, how can this be? I guess I need to read more about this.

By the way, there are a couple of interesting DVD series that would be interesting to anyone interested in the universe. One is the NOVA series "The Elegant Universe" and the other is the BBC program "Hyperspace" Of course, if hyperspace actually exists then it would explain how the universe could be larger in diameter than twice its age.

ISN'T THIS STUFF FUN????????

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Phil I'm quite puzzled at what you've said. I know you're probably right if you've looked into it more and read the book, but I still have to question it lol.

How could we see what has happened 2.7 million years ago? We're not waiting for it to come here, such as light travelling, but if we're looking through a telescope or with our own eyes, isn't that the here and now? And if it happened 2.7 million years ago, then we're only seeing the after affects of what happened that long ago?

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh and TTM, it is fun, even if I don't know the answers to life questions :). I just love discussing things that can't necessarily be proven/explained or big things such as the universe :)

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

OK, here is the explanation of how the universe can be greater than twice its age:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

HTH, what we see through a telescope is what existed back in time. We see the light that has been traveling the distance that object is away from us. For instance, as Phil said, the Andromeda galaxy is 2.5 million light years away. It has taken 2.5 million years for the light generated by all the stars in the Andromeda galaxy to get here. What we are seeing is the Andromeda galaxy as it existed 2.5 million years ago. If it just disappeared 2 million years ago, we won't know it for another 500 thousand years.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm trying to get it haha, it still boggles my mind though! So really, if the sun were to go down, we'd have 8 minutes less to do something about it :P.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I meant go down, as in explode, die, fall, whatever. Not a sunset lol

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:47 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Correct, if the sun were to suddenly go out, we wouldn't know for 8 minutes.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey, Phil. Remember 40 years ago when you looked at the stars and thought of sex instead of how many light years away something was? LOL

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:50 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

And if you look in a mirror, you're seeing a younger, more vibrant version of yourself!

So.. crap. What if the sun just went out. We better prepare.. just in case.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:55 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I think Phil is in his 30s...

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 20:56 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The other interesting concept is of intelligent life in the universe, or as someone said, "I certainly hope there is, as there isn't any here."

With billions of galaxies, each with millions or billions of stars and with many or most stars having planets revolving around them, there must be intelligent life far more advanced than us out there somewhere. Can they ever visit us? In my opinion, not likely. The nearest star is 4 light years away, so even traveling at the speed of light, it would take them 4 years to get here. However, it is unlikely that any of the closest stars have planets that are capable of supporting life. So lets say that the nearest star with intelligent and advance life is 2000 light years away. It would take them at least 2000 years to get here and how would they know to come to this solar system among the thousands of solar systems within that distance?

Unleeeeessss, hyperspace exists. HE-HE.

Time for a nap.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 21:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Lol we'll be long gone before the sun goes out. Is it 3 million years til it dies or 3 billion? Plus why worry what happens to your dead body when the earth's gonna die one day anyway? I'm getting cremated! Haha.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 21:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

"I think Phil is in his 30s..."

NOPE!

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 21:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

3 or 4 billion years

I'm not going to worry about it.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 21:3 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Same! Let's worry for the people who WILL be there to witness it though, that's if they haven't invented some space thing for everyone to live in haha. (Okay I've got a film in mind, but can't remember what it is!)

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 21:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

No Phil? What did you say in the other forum reguarding your age? I thought it implied that you were 30s.... I guess i misread?

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 21:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

In that thread he meant he was 30 years away from being 90 something.

Posted on 30 August 2009 @ 22:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

No no he didn't ever use the word "thirty." I remember doing the math and reaching 30 something. I thought he said 60 somthing years from being 97.

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 0:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAshug2IKaI&NR=1

No, this has nothing to do with Phil's age. He is not that old. ;)

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 0:26 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Are you sure? I remember him saying 30 years away from 90 something, as of tomorrow, (then) because it was his birthday!

Anyway it doesn't really matter. Nice vid TTM haha

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 9:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I said as of tomorrow I'll be 36 years away from 97!

Anyway, when thinking of how big the universe is you have to think outside the box a bit. Gravity bends light. Light passing a super-massive star will be bent around it. So what shape is the universe? Are we in the middle of a big bubble or on the surface of one? If on the surface, are we on the inside or the outside? It's all conjecture of course, guesswork at best, but like the words of Richard Burton "Minds immeasurably superior" to mine have done the guessing.

So to get back to the original thoughts - heaven or hell? That's a theory just the same as all the rest, but to my mind it's all in the human imagination. We like to think there's something either special or horrific waiting for us depending on how we've lived our lives, and that at some time in the future we'll be born again.

I personally doubt that will happen, but my old mate Lofty says he wants to come back as a ladies' bicycle saddle. I'd settle for being someone's pampered pooch.

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 10:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

TTM - I remember it only too well!!

Laying on the damp grass next to the object of my affection looking up, leaning on one elbow with the opposite knee bent, seeing shooting stars. Then making wishes that came true about one time in four.

Happy days!

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 10:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

As an aside - did you know that you can actually hear the Big Bang? Tune your radio or TV away from a station and you'll hear white noise. This is the CMB - Cosmic Microwave Background - which has been flying around the universe from the moment of the big bang.

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 10:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I never really thought of it as a circle...just a continuous amount of (empty) space. I think I saw a falling star once, unless it was a falling plane lol, or something similar!

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 11:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hear a white noise? How did the colour come into it ? I hate that crackling noise! Are you sure it's not only been there since TV's and Radio's were invented? :P

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 11:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm quite certain that no-one ever heard it *before* radios were invented! lol! On the other hand, maybe that's what's causing my tinnitus!

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 11:11 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

hm.. i must've gotten the numbers backward..

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 20:27 (London time) - permalink

Just want to add my two cents to the soldier-killing question. In the original Hebrew of the Old Testament, it says "Thou shall not murder". There appears to be a heap if difference between killing and murdering someone in God's eyes. Some people need killing where as nobody should be murdered. Sorry to interrupt but I came a bit late to the party...

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 20:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

No i'm glad you threw that in there. The discussion ended a little sooner than i expected it to.. but i think that was my fault for straying to the afterlife and whatnot.

Thanks eyes.. that makes me feel better.

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 20:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

More astronomical almost unbelievable facts:

The centre of our galaxy - the Milky Way, is 26,000 light years away from Earth, and the diameter of the Milky way is 100,000 light years.

Maybe this knowledge will be useful one day. You may even be able to flummox your grandchildren about the sheer size of it all. Like I said, we humans don't really amount to much at all. Less than the blink of an eye as far as the age of the universe is concerned.

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 22:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Let's talk about the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/081209-blackhole-stars.html

By the way, I just remembered how my wife's aunt was shocked when I told her that all of those stars out there were just suns, more or less just like our sun. So I thought I would mention this as many people don't realize it.

Posted on 31 August 2009 @ 23:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Uncle Phil ..can you repeat your tinnitus comment. I couldn't hear you because I have the most annoying ringing in my ears.

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 10:3 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

All this size of the universe talk..If I may put my two cents in. The hubble last year found a smudge of a universe that is said to sit at a distance of 13 billion light years. It was born soon after the big bang.

The galaxy M87 lies at about 50 million light years away. It's light took that long to get here. That is a short amount of time compared to it's estimated age of 8 billion years so it's image is a fairly accurate snapshot. The distance from here to M87 grows by 800 miles a second but that is less than one percent the speed of light, so it has little effect on the light we see generated from there.

Because the speed of the expanding universe increases with distance, the effect on the images from way the fuck out makes things get screwy. The galaxy that they say is 13 billion light years distant, is an ancient picture of that galaxy. It is also young because it is what the galaxy looked like soon after it was formed. It in no way now resembles the images we view of it today.

But when the light we see now was emitted, we were much closer to this galaxy than we are now. The image we see now was the light that left the galaxy when we were only 3.35 billion light years away. We see the galaxy at the size it would look if it were still 3.35 billion light years away. It has the appearance in size of 1/67th the size of Virgo galaxies of the same type. If we saw it from the distance it was when it emitted the light we see now. Which in effect we are. Rather than the size it would appear if we could see the position it would be if it was at a true distance of 13 billion light years. Which is the length of time it's light took to get here (which is increased by the expansion of the universe). It would instead look 1/260th of the Virgo galaxies that we are comparing it to. That is to say the galaxy appears to be much closer than it really is.

In size. But it appears much dimmer than we would expect from an object that is 13 billion light years away. All the space and time that this light has traveled has stretched the light and has dimmed it to the same magnitude of intensity we would expect an object to appear at

a distance of 263 billion light years away.

So it is the oldest image of a galaxy we have ever seen. Which also makes it's image one of the youngest in terms of age of the object we are viewing. It looks way too big for it's distance but is also way too faint.

Confused? Astronomers say it is 13 billion light years away because that is how long it took light from it to get here. But in that whole 13 billion years this galaxy ( named A1689-zD1) has been receding like a rat bastard. And we recede from it as well. The true distance of this galaxy in actuality is almost 30 billion light years away.

On the issue of cosmic boundaries. When all the receding of the galaxy mass and the bending and shifting and stretching of light is accounted for the boundary of what is visible to us in any shape form or fashion is 38 billion light years away. That is what we can see, no matter what the appearance makes it appear to be, can in reality be no more that 38 billion light years away. We see them as they were when they were closer, and we them as they were further back in time, but any light generated beyond that threshold will not travel here fast enough to over come the expansion of the universe. That is to say objects at that distance are receding at faster than the speed of light. They are not moving that fast themselves. The universe is expanding at a rate that in effect is faster than the speed of light.

Astronomers believe that 99 percent of the mass of the universe lies "over the horizon". It is all in this zone that guaranties they will never be observed. And this frustrates their efforts to figure it all out. Something massive is disrupting the smooth expansion of space in our region of space. They call it for lack of a better term the great attractor. They think it is located outside of our observable reality. It tugs on our universe from a place beyond. The place beyond constitutes almost all of the mass of the universe. Where does that end. No one knows but it is thought that the universe is was and always will be infinite. If that statement is true then the part of the universe we can see represents 0 percent of what all is out there.

Truth be known it's about all I can do to get my head around it. It all makes sense to me in parts but all of it stretches the space between my ears.

This is very much paraphrased and regurgitated so before you all start contradicting me or calling me a full of shit know it all, I am just recounting things I have read and looked at to verify the numbers.

But I think it is very humbling. It seems that as quick as i get my mind close to thinking of how vast it all is, they just redefine it all over and I am back to square one.

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 11:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Could you repeat that - bloody tinnitus! (cupping hand behind right ear).

I understand perfectly, and I think you've explained it very well indeed, q. You should write a book yourself!

Maybe we need something like the Starship Enterprise and travel at warp speed to see what's over that horizon that we'll never see?

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 12:53 (London time) - permalink

I'll book the tickets for the both of you....

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 14:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

So the universe is sort of like a person riding on a long train. The fastest that anything on earth can go is, let's say, 100 mph. So we have this train going 100 mph. Nothing can go faster than that. Now I run down the aisle of the train at 10 mph. That is a lot slower than the 100 mph limit. However, relative to the ground, I am actually going 110 mph.

Now to the light never reaching us. The speed of sound is about 760 mph at sea level. So there is an explosion and the sound waves are emitted. Let's say that I am in a jet fighter flying away from the explosion at 800 mph. I will never hear the explosion because the sound cannot catch the fighter.

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 18:47 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Pleasure to have you Q.

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 19:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Interesting to read, q! I understood perfectly aswell, which suprised me lol. At least some lucky buggers get to go into space (well, kinda)...but it's soo expensive!

Oh and I remember the film I was on about now phil, Wall-e!

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 19:56 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh, and eyeswideopen, I'd like a ticket too, please :)

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 19:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh, and I'm a real geek, I used to have a telescope when I was younger :p

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 20:0 (London time) - permalink

Are you sure HTH you want to start a journey of that nature with those two? It would mean years and years in space with Uncle Phil and q. Well at least you wouldn't be bored, sore maybe, but definitely not bored..

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 21:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

LOL...I don't think so !

perhaps you're right... and I'd probably go mad after a while if I didn't have any girl mates to talk to!

Anyone else fancy coming aboard?

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 21:30 (London time) - permalink

If you guys are going, hurry back because it's almost time for Irish's yearly backyard BBQ, you know, where we all get plastered and go over the DC Sex Manual. Lots of fun, now where is that Irish she has a habit of disappearing doesn't she!?

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 21:55 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'll come too, but that won't help you out HTH. I hope the warp or hyperspace drive is tuned up or we won't get very far. Perhaps a stargate would be a better option. Anybody know where we can find one?

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 22:4 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I don't think we'd be back in time eyes, or for the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that...

I think I'll die on it! And I've got a good 60-70 years left :P

TTM, That's okay, you can still come, and I have no idea where to find one...

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 22:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Maybe I'll bring the wife. Will that help? Perhaps we can get eyes and her hubby to come too.

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 22:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I can tell you where Stargate is - on the island of Andros in the Bahamas.

http://www.tamug.edu/cavebiology/Bahamas/caves/StargateBlueHole.html

Rob's book - 'Deep into Blue Holes' - is an excellent read. Unfortunately he died doing a deep dive in the Red Sea some years ago.

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 22:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'll stay at home and warm up the television for everyone. Better get some popcorn too.. get a nice smell going. Ya'll let me know how it all goes.

Posted on 1 September 2009 @ 23:33 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

sorry to post that and not check back in. It's not part of my regular rounds I hit when I get on. It will be from now on though. As soon as I hit post message last night I thought now they will all think I am this big bullocksy (that a nod out to you Brits) Sorry if I am not using this term correctly I am from texas...need I say more???? flaming know it all of an ass. At least to get on here and post this right out of the chute. You all know how to make a guy feel welcome. If you'll have me I would like to come here more often. Thanks for the warm welcome and I will see you all sooner than later.

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 0:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

And eye's .....I can think of worse places to be stuck than between me and Uncle Phil. Unless one or both of us has been eating Mexican food.

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 0:23 (London time) - permalink

And whatever you do, do NOT leave your camera alone in the room with Uncle Phil. I believe he has shocked at least one unsuspecting photoshop employee.

Popcorn sounds great, SY! No one get any Mars bars from the refreshment stand, either.

I'm feeling quite cosmically deficit at the moment. You guys are pretty amazing with all this knowledge of the universe. Can anyone tell me how to shave a couple of hours off a long drive using that space bendy stuff?

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 0:37 (London time) - permalink

...or a xerox machine...

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 0:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Or milky ways!!

harharhar... *snort*

You're more than welcome Q, as long as you call in chinese for me and tish while everyone's out on their trip and can pass the application proccess to start posting in the forums.

we require previous history of social activity, a need to destress and the ability to have both meaningless and meanigful conversations for long periods of time without necessarily haveing to lead to a point.

(exceptions can be made for no previous socializing).

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 1:5 (London time) - permalink

PHIL - STOP THAT XEROXING!!!

I THOUGHT of trying the fax machine, but I couldn't figure out how to fit a body part in there. Is that part of the application process? Or just a mammogram?

Anyone who has ever stuck there fingers in a wringer/washer gets to reply...

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 2:11 (London time) - permalink

ooh ooh! I've got one! Birdy, you said 'mammogram':

Mammograms

I just got this great tip for preparing for a mammogram. I have to share it with you.

---------------------------------------------

Mammograms

Many women are afraid of their first mammogram, but there is no need to worry. By taking a few minutes each day for a week preceding the exam and doing the following exercises, you will be totally prepared for the test and best of all, you can do these simple exercises right in and around your home.

EXERCISE ONE:

Open your refrigerator door and insert one breast in door. Shut the door as hard as possible and lean on the door for good measure.

Hold that position for five seconds. Repeat again in case the first time wasn't effective enough.

EXERCISE TWO:

Visit your garage at 3AM when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect. Take off all your clothes and lie comfortably on the floor with one breast wedged under the rear tire of the car. Ask a friend to slowly back the car up until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled. Turn over and repeat with the other breast.

EXERCISE THREE:

Freeze two metal bookends overnight. Strip to the waist. Invite a stranger into the room. Press the bookends against one of your breasts.

Smash the bookends together as hard as you can. Set up an appointment with the stranger to meet next year and do it again.

YOU ARE TOTALLY PREPARED!

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 3:6 (London time) - permalink

Tish, I have a good one for you...

Repeat the above steps with a lesbian technician and have her walk you to the front door of the hospital afterwards, attempting to chat you up AFTER your exam...

My very own personal experience from the Netherlands.

Eeeewwwhhhh.

Sorry, but not a great experience for a straight, old, married woman...

I did not set up an appointment to do it again next year. I got the hell out of Dodge... X^P !!! I am just so set in my ways...

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 4:29 (London time) - permalink

I'm thinking you are too young to have ever gotten a body part stuck in a wringer/washer too...

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 4:30 (London time) - permalink

Do car doors count?

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 4:50 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

How in the world... well.. i see. So wringer washers didn't used to have the locking device when the washer started.. lol.

Had to google that one. I never head it called a wringer washer before. Guess that shows my age a bit doens't it?

My brother's friend got his hand stuck in a escalator.. does that count?

Come to think of it.. Birdy, did you go through our application process?

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 4:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I got my finger stuck in a (heavy outside) door once, does that count??

SY, good idea with the pop corn and milky ways! Want me to bring you some Mars Bars & galaxy's too? Then again, perhaps we may need all the food (and chocolate) we can get for our journey!

Ooo..perhaps phil can bring a camera and record it as...'Journey to the centre of the universe' haha (yes, I know I near enough copied that title), that film would be a Gp or 12, of course. :)

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 8:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Not GP, I mean, PG! Lol, oh and welcome Q, It never crossed my mind that you were being a smart arse, so don't worry!

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 8:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

OK while I have your attention. While we are focused on the universe and our place in it. The real pressing question that I have. The one that my inquiring must know before I can cross over and go to that black hole in the sky. The thing that drove me to my key board at mmmmmm 3:23 AM Texas time. Is this. Is that a cheeto your hamster is eating SY? If it is, and I do believe it is. Is it the puffed ones or the crunchy?

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 9:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Lol, I thought you were going to ask something serios.

Looks like a bit of carrot to me...

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 9:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

serious*

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 9:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Why is it that when one's bladder wakes one at 3:23am one simply HAS to turn on the computer to check for updates etc?

Birdy - which xeroxing instance are you referring to - here or on facebook? (my thought for the day yesterday)

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 10:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Back on the subject of the Andromeda galaxy. Did you know that the Andromeda galaxy is one of about 100 galaxies that is moving toward us instead of away from us? It will eventually collide with the Milky Way galaxy.

In about 3 billion years. So our galaxy, with about 200 to 400 billion stars (depending on which estimate you read), and the Andromeda galaxy, with 400 to 1000 billion stars, will start to collide. The collision will last for about 1 billion years. The interesting thing is that very few stars will actually collide, as most of the galaxy is made up of space. However, both galaxies will be disrupted and form one bigger galaxy.

Again, not something to worry about.

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 12:26 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Let's hope it's not travelling towards us faster than the speed of light or it'll hit us before we see it!

The Andromeda Galaxy is more massive than the Milky Way galaxy and its gravity will pull the Milky Way into it. Imagine - we're going to get hoovered up!

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 13:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh good. I was hoping someone would laugh at my milkyway joke. I'm afraid Tish had the Mars bar joke copyrited though.

Q.... silly, it's a carrot! But if it were a cheeto, it would most definitely be the puffed out kind.

I rather liked the outline of that dog as your avatar.

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 15:37 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Or maybe it was a cat....

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 15:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh, I know! I was referring to just the chocolate though...not anything ELSE involving chocolate, lol.

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 16:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Duh - like what for instance?

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 18:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Duh...like a Mars Bar party that Irish is always on about... (joking, incase you read this! :))

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 19:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hmmm, maybe just a little chocolate syrup would do.

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 20:30 (London time) - permalink

q wouldn't recognize a carrot if one bit him but he does know his Cheetos..and his gravies...

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 20:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

And what does all this astronomy and physics have to do with the posters on Dear Cupid. I am glad you asked. According to the theories of Einstein, and how they apply to Newtonian physics, all the celestial bodies are all traveling in straight lines. The moon and the earth etc. For instance, the moon is traveling in a straight line. It just happens to be passing through space warped by the mass and gravity of the Earth. The Earth is traveling in a straight line and is passing through space that is warped by the mass and gravity of the sun.

When I was 29 I was traveling in a straight line warped by the mass and gravity of my first wife's ass. It was only when twelve years had passed that our binary system was breached by gravity of her boyfriend and the resulting disruption flung me far out in space beyond the reaches of our house. And later on court I was found stranded outside of the gravitational pull of the equity in out house.

Maybe we could tell poster's that they are traveling in a straight line they just need to break free from the...... or maybe not. Just a thought.

I want to firmly, unequivocally, and with no reservation, declare myself a fan of the puffy cheeto's. Carrots be damned. I want my puffed cheeto's. Do they have cheeto's in the UK? If not you guys really oughta check into it. Crisp's I think you call them. Delightful cheesy little puffed aberrations with absolutely no nutritional value what so ever. Less than no nutritional value. I think cheeto's molecules bind to vitamin's and then are filtered out of your body and excreted in urine.

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 21:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Mar's Bar party!? Oh gosh, that's nothing compared to a 'spit roast'! (not that I ever had a spit roast of THAT kind, persay..but just the thought of it, is quite shocking for my ole prudish sensibilities) :0 (lol)

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 21:28 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes they do have cheeto's here, and something similar, called Wotsits :) Yum !

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 21:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What's a wotsit's?

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 21:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Haha, Google image it. I have a funny feeling you're just joking though... :)

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 21:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I google inmaged it. It doesn't look as deliciously cheesy as out cheese puffs does it, Q?

I mean, where's the mascot? We have a BA tiger! rawr... and the hotter the cheeto, the redder the tiger!

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 22:12 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Lol..OHHH, I see how it is! Well I'll still carry on eating Wotsits, I don't mind 'missing out' on some crisps ;). I have eaten cheeto's too :)

Posted on 2 September 2009 @ 22:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Mmmmmm....wotsit's. Orange dye #483 sprayed on styrofoam packing peanuts. Can you UPS me some like now??? No I can't wait. Do you think they will have them at the duty free part of JFK in New York? My passport is expired ...must.....have......wotsit's...mmmmmmmmm

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 1:37 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I am sure that you guys watch/ed Benny Hill? Do you know the difference between a vitamin and a hormone?

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 1:42 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh and we now have a thing called spine chillers a twilight zone like TV program from the UK.

FOOKIN SPLENDID

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 1:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

OH! you can't make a vitamin.

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 1:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( .`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(((' (((-((('' ((((

hey here you go for a tiger

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 2:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

oops...the speed of light wasn't quick enough to out run the auto indenter

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 2:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I really don't see the tiger. But I aplaud your efforts, really i do.

SOMEONE had nothing at all to do for an hour and a half at least.

(.)(.)

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 3:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

blast..

(.)(.)

''

------

Frog.

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 3:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

nevermind.

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 3:30 (London time) - permalink

You have to use periods as spacers.

(.)(.)

..."...

*_____*

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 4:21 (London time) - permalink

().()

().()

(.)(.)

(..."...)

(..m..m..)

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 4:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Bunny?

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 4:30 (London time) - permalink

Yes. Who's been run over by a steamroller. Apparently. This is a tough medium to work in emoticons....

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 4:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

They probably don't have wotsits at that airport, you're not missing much, but if you reaaaallly want some, I can send it by post. Haha :)

I'm not seeing what those pictures are all about! Do I need glasses? Lol

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 9:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

glad to hear you arent leaving sy. you are needed here. thanks for doing this phil by the way ;)

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 9:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes, give it up for phil =)

Thank you STS.

And HTHx, i'd say by his "packing peanut" and "orange dye" comment, Q doesn't really have an interest in your your yucky little orange tingies.

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 16:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I guess not, but you can't knock something til you've tried it!

I dare mention any thing else that's made here, for fear of being insulted! God!

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 17:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

After the third drink, packing peanuts are great!! Orange or otherwise. I am always interested in a woman's parts, dangling, orange, or any way I can get em. If they are orange we may need a certificate of occupancy from a general practitioner before i want to reside in a woman's "space" but i am very very negotiable on any and all terms.

If you think I sat down and made a tiger you don't know me well. I have the time, but my ADD wouldn't let me spend more than a second on it.

I pasted it off an e-mail. Why don't you cut and paste that send it to your self in an e-mail and take out the spaces and line it up. It looks amazingly like a tiger

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 19:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I know that your anonymousity and avatar should be a good indication of how much time you have and how you like to spend it but i guess i'm not observant. ;)

I think she's getting defensive of her wotsits. I'm sorry, you now have permission to diss our baked lays.

Clearly I need further education.. why is it i read the word "pasted" and had no idea what it meant? It took me a few seconds to read it as paste-ed instead of past-ed...

no offense to anyone here! I'm using my humour.. not trying to offend anyone!

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 19:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I like to use the paint application on my cmputer. HTHx, do you mind if i make an avatar with your name like you have done? If you like it, i can post it as my avatar and you can save it to your pictures and then use it!

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 19:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I guess I did get defensive, because it was a comment I made and it seemed less about the crisps and more about our country vs your country, like you think you're better than us!

I know I'm probably reading too much into it.

I don't wanna diss cheeto's, I like them!

And feel free to make an avatar like mine, I don't mind.

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 20:3 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

If I bought the wool, would you make one for me too?

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 20:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well i don't want to make one for me. WHo would I be without my hampster?

I'd like to make one for you was my point.

And phil, yes i'll make you one with cute hearts and bows... and maybe a rainbow.

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 20:28 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oooh, sorry, thought you meant you, lol. Sure you can, I'm sure it'll be good!

I so think you should do one for Phil too haha, WITH hearts and bows :)

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 20:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh HTH, you're not still upset about that little skirmish like 200 plus years ago, are you? And I'm sure that your wombats, or whatever those orange things of yours are called, are great. After all, we like fish and chips over here too. Besides, Tony Blair made George Bush sound so dumb when they gave a press conference together. We love you, even though you do speak with a funny accent.

Posted on 3 September 2009 @ 23:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

200 years ago? Slight exaggeration lol. I wasn't upset, just offended :). Even though I don't like England much I still get defensive when people mock it in any way! Lol. Oh, and I so don't have a funny accent! Haha, I guess to you I have though. When I went to New York I was expecting people to have really strong accents but it was the complete opposite!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 0:8 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

200 plus years ago - You know, that little war that we won. If we had known that you Brits were so funny, we would have lost it.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 0:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Speaking of nutty Brits, does anyone else miss Waterloo Sunset? She was really nutty, like so funny. Remember her first hubby and the mouse story? ROFL

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 0:33 (London time) - permalink

I was wondering if the hamster got ahold of that evening bag sized toy from Ann Summers... That can't be good for the poor things teeth...

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 1:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I think, I would prefer a wotsit to a cheeto. Cheeto's got all swept up in this health craze fad that I am waiting to blow over, and have lost their cheesy hay maker of a rabbit punch to the solar plexus. The whoosit's look like each and every one has enough saturated fat to induce a sudden death M I as soon as one swallow's. I have, and have always have said since I was..since I could ....as soon as I figured out...since curiosity got the better of me and I discovered that having my ..er..um manhood get stuck in something loud and dangerous wasn't always a bad experience. I have said ....I want to die in the midst of a vision dimming leg jerking orgasm. Or by ingesting, heart clogging, finger foods. I can come and go at the same time ....or I can ...help me out here...Phil! TTM! OK... or I can die and turn a lovely shade of midnight blue, whilst choking and gasping for air on a british snack food. A beautiful blue panorama set off by the delightful, visually inspiring and contrasted shade of sunset orange of a whatsitsname. A snack food setting off my cyanotic blue face jussssst so.. They can just leave the whodunit's in my mouth and let people view my body with the whatsdat still hanging out off my frozen stiff lips.

I don't know who Ann Summers is, but that hamster definitely means business when he squares off with a phallic shaped snack. We have an Anne Coulter in the states. Someone has even compared my answers to her writing. Difference is I write my answers in the middle of the night after breaking the seal on the emergency bottle of scotch. She go's on TV and speaks like me, fully sober, and in the light of day. And with camera's rolling from five or more vantage points. And she is saddled with more income tax. Of course that means some fool is actually paying her a very nice salar...HEY! wait a minute. I'll see you guys later, I want to renegotiate my contract with Andrew. Wait... I don't have a..... HEY!

If I am going to be dropping in and out of this den of inequity with all you ne'er do wells, can I take a moment of your time to issue a little disclaimer. If I had some money, I would put it all in the future prospect of them coming up with an on line condition called text impairment. I am thinking it would be the total lack of self awareness when communicating on line via text. If so I will be the poster child for this affliction. I ( ask TTM and uncle phil.) We are from a time when VHS and microwave ovens were approached with a jaundice eye and some holy water and a crucifix. I still am positive we will all sprout tumors from microwaved food but since every one went over to the dark side, I should too ..or be left alone watching the whole planet die before my eyes. The point I was making before I took this scenic route is guys like us were not formed in the era of on line communication. Like the old fools that we are, me any way, I just thought I could type like I speak and we would all have a great time. Oh not so! If I tell a guy that his view on the topic at hand disgusts me and that luckily his kind will die off after a few generations when natural selection works it's magic and thins him and his defective and doomed genes out once and for all,....I thought for sure he would just know I meant it in the best possible light.

Bottom line. If I am copping attitude or sound testy and like I am having a sargasm, (that's sarcasm to the point of a sexual release), I am, I promise, yukking it up. If I want to make a point and the point is that you have or are pissing me off, you (I promise) will be the first to know and there will be no mistaking that I am copping a 'tude. So anytime you read my words and wonder where I am coming from..it is not from the darker side of me.

Unless you are in the passing lane going the speed limit. Then you should be exterminated.

Sorry I ran on. I have time and thought I should get that out of the way. There are people here that will back me up on my harmlessness but shall remain nameless. ssshhhheyewideopen and the chick wearing the flotation devicesssshhhh

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 4:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

No 'tudes here. We were all joking about the wotsits.. harmless fun. I was surprised to see HTHx take it personally, very sorry i'm sure it was my fault. If not, it was q's fault. Most things are afterall. But I promise: no more cheesy jokes about british foods! *harharhar* Get it?? CHEESY??

Glad to know more about q. I rather leave others to try and analyze me and see what they come up with. More fun that way. But when you're as good a writer as q, I guess you should write whenever possible. (that was a compliment).

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 5:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh and i'll start up on those avatars tomorrow. Well, don't really know that i'll make one for pill. He probably won't use it.. am I right? It'd be a wasted effort.. but if you do want one with bows and heart and a rainbow, let me know!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 5:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh and i'll start up on those avatars tomorrow. Well, don't really know that i'll make one for pill. He probably won't use it.. am I right? It'd be a wasted effort.. but if you do want one with bows and heart and a rainbow, let me know!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 5:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

As far as your avatar is concered SY I think it is cute cute cute. I wasn't aware there was such a thing as hamster porn. FASCINATING!

Does it humiliate his girlfriend if she walks in on him taking care of business. I know you should let him work it out with her. But as a neutral observer I thought you might shed some light on hamster relationships.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 5:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

In my tradition of being in multiple marriages,(not at the same time) and being acquainted with the man blame a man must endure for being a man in a marriage. I will take the heat for any international snack food incidents. Although I would like to point out that Inga a bartender in Amsterdam spent a lot of time dressing me down on Americans and the way we have spread English around the world. No matter how many times I pointed out to her that I was pretty sure the English language was developed in England..she did not want to hear it. So you Brits owe me one.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 5:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

It's too late for them to work it out. Hampster relationships are very risky for the hampsters involved. One mistake and she'll eat him. She walks in on him, gets offended because all the while, she was JUST in the other room, and he's good as eaten. Prayers are in order for his little life tonight. Let's hope she shows mercy.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 6:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Man ....Harsh....I always have to just sleep on the couch. In a cheap motel. In another state. At least until the statute of limitations runs out.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 6:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What DO men do to get thrown to the couch? I can't imagine ever ordering my hub to the living room. Even when i'm mad at him, we childshly start on seperate ends of the bed and as the night furthers on we find ourselves scooching more and more closey until we're finally all snuggly again and wake up in the morning like nothing happened. Or if i'm having a huge problem, i sleep on the couch, but always end up at his side by morning.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 7:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ah to be young and in love. My first wife and I would playfully exchange small arms fire. Then work our way up to higher calibers. She would demure by locking herself in the bathroom. I would coyly start a fire outside the door and smoke her out. She would invite her mother to live with us. I would take her cats to the pound. I said tomato. She would disappear for days with a bus load of circus midgets. We finally called the whole thing off.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 8:21 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What makes you think everything is either yours or Q's fault?

:S

Anyway, if you meant it as a joke then I'm sorry, I guess we don't have the same sense of humour, and I'm a bit sensitive!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 9:49 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Q - FFS - will you stop it? My bloody sides are aching! Small arms fire . . . lol!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 11:32 (London time) - permalink

neeteshneetesh, posted over a year ago

a

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 13:52 (London time) - permalink

q don't you ever sleep, by my figuring, you posted your last one around two in the morning....

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 14:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

EWO* I've all ready got a mother. Two exwives and a sister. If I wanna hear a rash of shit from a woman All I hafta do is take the cotton out of my ears.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 15:21 (London time) - permalink

Well now you have me mister.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 15:49 (London time) - permalink

And don't give me any of your lip. Ahem...Hi guys and gals Happy Labor Day weekend.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 15:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Who's in labo(u)r? Didn't realise it had to be planned for one specific weekend!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 15:57 (London time) - permalink

Just a good excuse to have Monday off...

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 16:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ah - I think I get it now - labor day is nine months on from Monday?

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 16:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes, unless you're a hamster. Then it's like 3 or 4 weeks. Hmmmm, 9 months after labor day. That's around Memorial Day. That must have some significance. Oh right, it's when the new parents remember when it was quiet. Well, quiet, unless interrupted by small arms fire.

Yes, happy Labor Day weekend to those on this side of the pond. And a happy normal weekend to the Brits and anyone else out there.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 16:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Lol, Phil? I'm confuzzled :) what monday would that be?

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 16:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

OH, I get it now, duh! I'm so not with it today!

Thanks TTM :) have a great weekend yourself!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 16:39 (London time) - permalink

God, that was hilarious. DON'T CHANGE THE HAMSTER WITH THE WOOSIT!!! It really is cute and we recognize it the minute it's up there. Ann Summers is a naughty shop in England, but this British one's better and it has a site in the US...

http://www.coco-de-mer.com/

That will give you something to do this Labour Day weekend...

;^)

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 17:44 (London time) - permalink

I'm doing laundry this lovely weekend but I can wear stilettos while I do it I guess..

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 18:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Wow, nothing like $210 for a double ended glass dildo or $325 for a gold plated vibrator. Of course, for your favorite girl, what man wouldn't spend $2,750 for a gold plated vibrator with 28 inlaid diamonds. I wonder what page the expensive stuff is on.

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 19:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

An £80 butt plug? Now there's value for money!

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 19:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Can't find any spit-roasting irons though

Posted on 4 September 2009 @ 19:21 (London time) - permalink

Lordy, haven't you ever window shopped...

Posted on 5 September 2009 @ 5:21 (London time) - permalink

Butt, seriously, the "Tally Ho" chair would make an excellent group seating. I'm thinking that my mother-in-law would be happy to have not seen this as a group seating area in the formal living room...

Posted on 5 September 2009 @ 5:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

..and it's a snip at £3800!

Still trying to figure out how on earth you sit on it.

Posted on 5 September 2009 @ 10:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hmmm, group seating??? I can easily picture 2 using it in 3 or 4 different ways. Perhaps 3, if the one on top can keep from toppling off. But now we're getting kinky. Still, the couch is already paid for.

Posted on 5 September 2009 @ 12:18 (London time) - permalink

YAY! The sun is out and so am I - just in time for Labour Day Weekend!

Gone sailing... see you in a few days... Everyone have a great weekend and I hope your better half is feeling better, Phil!

Posted on 5 September 2009 @ 13:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have your avatar hthx. Just need you to be here while i am so you can steel it. that is, if you want to.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 4:9 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm here I'm here! Lol. Thanks! I'm sure it'll be good :)

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 8:36 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

andromeda happens to be my real name people. COOL! im a subject topic!

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 11:11 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

oh and is it just me or is the message i posted on here welcoming sy back dissapeared? oh well once again glad your back.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 11:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

It's still there from 3 days ago. It's just that there has been 3 days of babble since you posted it. It might take you a while to find it.

So you're a galaxy? You could use that as your avatar. Here is one pic that you could use. There are tons of others. You should have called yourself M31.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/M31_Lanoue.png

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 12:4 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Lol. Three days of babble.

Sorry i missed you. I'll post it as my avatar today then I have to go places so I won't be here so it won't matter that it's my avatar anyway and you can steel it today while i'm gone and i'll change back tonightish.ok??????????????? Don't use it if you don't like it. I had fun making it. paint paint paint. So fun. OK? Promise you won't use it if you don't like it?? Just say, "mine fits me better" and it won't hurt my feelings.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 15:26 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

m31? dear oh dear...that would be one for the record! good cue though. i think i will use my own photo. oh this is me btw. i got fed up with the old name...dont matter i never answered anything on the old anyway.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 16:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Wait a minute. Wasn't your last flag Australia? Boy, you move fast. Oh, I see. You stopped over in the Caribbean on your way from Australia to England.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 16:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What? Ok HTHx, there it is. Take it or leave it. I forgot how much smaller it would look on this site so it's kinda tiny but there it is! Ya'll have fun bickering, debating, and joking today! I'll be in tonight!

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 16:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Aw.. can't even see the two stars. Owell! I just bought a car yesterday by the way. 2005 Toyota Matrix. Black.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 16:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

SY, I was talking to carribean blue, formerly sweet-as-sugar. I think her flag changed.

Oh, a Matrix. I had a Vibe, which was a Matrix with different bodywork. Loved it.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 17:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh wow it's really good :) I shall steal it...mwuahaha. Thank you! and new car? Nice one! :D

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 17:4 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

SNAP!! :D

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 17:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Oh I know. That's not why i said "what."

I am glad that you stole it. Lol.

It's hard not to speed in the new car! It's so smooth when it accelerates, i hardly notice my lead foot doing it.

Posted on 6 September 2009 @ 19:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

If you maintain your car well, it will last much longer than the license suspension from the tickets forcing you to take the bus.

Just this week some "kid"told me I was jealous of hi, and that I wanted to take the fun out of every thing.

I said there are two kinds of drivers. Those that have wrecked their cars, and those that will wreck their cars.

SY, You are older in both years and life experience. You have been granted honorary membership with those of us who's faces are never seen in traffic. You can spot us by our bare white knuckles jutting up from somewhere down below, and the turn signal that never dies. Look to receive your standard issue sandals with black socks, and three pairs of knee length Bermuda shorts any day.

For those in the age of infinite disposable income, driving a car that costs four dollars a mile to operate is a rite of passage. It is your duty to stimulate the economy by increasing the demand for petroleum by products, insurance services, insulated cup holders, oxygen displacing air freshening devices, waxing supplies, and the salary's of auto body experts to remove residual wax burnt into the clear coat of your ride by the sun.

I am so dreadfully sorry there will be no way for you to support the drive in theater industry. That my friend is a heart ache. There is no thrill like rolling around naked in your back seat while all kinds of people walk past you on their way to the snack bar. Some will be shielding the eyes of their kids from all the left over prom balloons . Some will be wishing you had a window down so they could smack an ass cheek to show that you are amongst friends.

All in all, most every one has been there. No matter what else is said, we miss those days and are behind you all the way.

Posted on 7 September 2009 @ 6:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hello SY! How are things in your world? Hello to all! SY, my ex wife and I have a sort of tradition that go's back a ways. We like to get together over labor day week end and watch the twilight zone marathon on the sci fi channel. Of course i am just bringing up my long week end to tell you how I am doing. I like you and I want you to know how I value your unique perspective on..well just on everything. Good times. Good times.

I was wondering if you had ever had anger management issue's. Of course we all lose control now and then. But that's a good thing. It's good to lose your temper. I said to my ex if someone like SY ever lost her temper, that would be a good thing. Her 12 year old like's Sabrina the teen age witch. That's good. Liking good TV is a good thing.

Listen, while I have your attention, about the hamster. And what a good hamster he is. It is a he isn't it. Has that cute little fellow always been a Hamster or did he sort of pick it up along the way. I mean was he ever like a boy friend and you decided his qualities were more like a hamster's and you sort of nudged his physical property's more in line with his personality. Which of course is a good thing. That would be a good thing if you did that. Do you have to live in the same state to turn a guy into a Hamster? I mean, it's a good thing to turn obnoxious guys into Hamster's, I was just wondering the proximity requirements for you to effect this kind of good change on a person.

Posted on 9 September 2009 @ 17:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Anger issues? Hm well I hate to disappoint, but i'm really a very soft-spoken person! I've gotten mad a few times and lashed out at a couple jerks. Mostly if they are being jerks to my friends. A couple people in this site too.. i have a pet peeve of OPs being nasty to nice aunts. But as far as anger ISSUES go.. i believe that in order for their to be an issue, i would have to lash out too often or for inappropriate or unreasonable reasons and I don't believe I have ever done that.

In sixth grade, a friend of mine humiliated me and i got so embarrassed and angry that i said to her "i'm only your friend because no one else is and i feel sorry for you!" (which was true, sadly). I felt so badly, i've never said anything mean to a person like that since then. It was such a horrible thing to say!

Posted on 10 September 2009 @ 12:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

And well, the hampster..

Hampsters create their own nests, tear up various marterials in order to better serve their comfort. They instinctively suck metal tubes in hopes of receiving water, they love to climb and knaw, they don't usually like to be with other hampster, they store food in their cheeks for later, they are nocturnal and thy run between 4 andd 8 miles on their weels every night! And if you take away their weel, (a lot of people do because they find it annoying), then they get angry and start biting people and chewing their cage.

So basically, for a human to have hampster-like quailities, he's have to be physcally fit, recourceful and outdoorsey, a bit of a loner, and a planner.

I don't know that i could do that to someone without being there in person. I'd need my whip and reins to get him workin!

But nope, ever since there was Sincerely Yours, there was hampy.

Posted on 10 September 2009 @ 12:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm sorry. Three days of 24 hour Twilight Zone and Sabrina the Teen age Witch reruns had me waking up in a cold sweat screaming, Oh Gawd, SY has supernatural powers and she is going to find me and turn me into a Hamster like she has done to each and ever man that has ever pissed her off. Ya'know? you described me to a t. If drinking beer can pass for sucking on a metal tube. Then yo. I is yo hamster like man. And I don't actually store food in my cheeks. Sometimes when I am drapes myself across furniture and I am eating snacks I fall asleep before I swallow. Does that count.

Posted on 10 September 2009 @ 18:11 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.234330900002533!