New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084412 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Awful weekend....

Go to latest mesage in thread

Awful weekend....

, posted over a year ago

I have had the most sh1t weekend imaginable. ARRGGGHHH, its come to having to sprint thru london to get places on time, having half my body covered in bruises due to a spectacular fall and everything that could go wrong went wrong...oh screw it!!! Life is so NOT fair sometimes....well at least I'm in one piece(almost) and its the end of teh weekend now...new week tomorrow!!

Wahhhh I haev no more energy left to complain

Posted on 15 June 2008 @ 22:30 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

PeterPanPeterPan, posted over a year ago

I sorry -- things get better with the new light of day...

OK, you didn't want to hear that... how about this... (Homer Simpson voice) "Stupid sidewalk!"

Better? :^)

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 0:47 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thank you!! Finally someone with some sympathy!! ;-) Things have gotten better this morning but I'm still covered in bruises :-( which hurts!

Yeah much better now :-)

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 13:52 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Sorry, I'm just jealous that you got to be in London! ;) I'm glad things are going better this morning! Take your B vitamins today, they help with the bruises...

xxxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 14:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm a London gal! Bruises are now turning black a blue...not a pretty sight I can assure you...I am quite literally covered, I am starting to see the funny side but then I look at my knee which has swolen up and is very bruised and then I start to curse trains and people running for them...they are so intent on getting their train that they will send people flying bags and all... :-(( oh well...vitamin B here we come...I need to get rid of them asap...I have parties coming up!!!

xxxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 14:18 (London time) - permalink

Lucky girl, for the London part, not the awful bruises.

RICE.

Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevation. Good for sprains, not sure if it's good for bruises, but should help the knee.

A cut/paste from webmd follows.

A cold compress such as an icepack or a bag of frozen peas should be applied to the affected area for 20-30 minutes in order to speed healing and reduce swelling. Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the icepack in a towel. [Tisha's note: not being a huge fan of peas, this seems to be as good a use for them as any!]

If the bruise takes up a large area of the leg or foot, the leg should be kept elevated as much as possible during the first 24 hours after the injury.

Acetaminophen or ibuprofen may be taken for pain as instructed on the bottle. Avoid aspirin because aspirin slows the blood from clotting and may, in fact, prolong the bleeding.

After about 48 hours, heat in the form of a warm washcloth applied to the bruise for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day may increase blood flow to the bruised area allowing the skin to reabsorb the blood more quickly. Ultimately, the bruise will fade in color.

xxxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 14:34 (London time) - permalink

Also Vitamins C and K, along with folic acid....

B12 is the key one....

xxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 14:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Wowee someone is taking me seriously!!! Whooo thank you Tisha!

I've been taking arnica as well as elevating my knee (the worst one...and probably the most visible!) whenever possible...however during lessons whilst wearing a skirt is not practically possible!! ;-)

Well considering that I have nothing more to do today...:-)...I hoping that it'll clear up!

Much apreciate all the info...it'll all be tried - thats a promise...

xxxxxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 14:55 (London time) - permalink

:) We aim to help.

Sod the looking good while wearing a skirt. Wrap a bandage with bagged ice or frozen peas (!) around the knee, even if it shows. You could put on a pair of shorts (what's the right word in UK English?), jogging shorts, athletic shorts, whatever you'd wear under a short tennis skirt! Then you don't have to worry about your knickers showing.... tell the teacher that you've been instructed by Dr. Cupid to keep that knee elevated. Or bring a towel to class and drape it over your exposed thighs...

Good luck on the lessons and exams!!!

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 15:14 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I don't care what I look like in a skirt...the male teachers would be the one with the problem...ahahaha sorry I couldn't resist!

Yep it's elevated atm...however its kinda hard sitting at a desk with your knee elevated...and to type...haha...but I'm managing.

Exams are over for now at least...but we've started next years course already!! BORING!!!

Oh dear well at least I'm much cheered up from what I was last night...:-)

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 15:31 (London time) - permalink

Well they do say laughter is the best medicine. ;)

And you've made me laugh today too, so thank you for that! And I liked PeterPan's Simpsons reference...brilliant show.

Why do I have this picture of a student all wrapped up in bandages with thawing peas plipplopping onto the floor with a keyboard awkwardly balanced in the lap? Hmmm....

xxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 15:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yep I agree laughter is definately the best medicine, I've had many a giggle today. Yep it is a good show.

I have no idea how or why you have that image...yes knee is in bandages, with ice on..(school doesn't supply peas for sore knees aparently! probably as they're a health and safety hazard...BORING) the balancing laptop is just right tho!

xxxxxxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 16:11 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

Oh hunny I no just how you feel and Tishas advise is right as usual ELEVATION!!!!!OR PENETRATION That helps sooooooo much one just keeps the swelling down the other you forget about the pain altogether and I should no as just getting over a torn hamstring and now with a twisted ankle that looks just YUK!!!!!Both those remedys have worked just great :) TAKE CARE HUNNY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 17:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well elevation seems to be working! However penetration...not even possible!!! (Anyways I need a guy for that to happen...nope still single...its been far too long! :-() I go to an all girls school...and I only swing one way!! hehehe

Knee is starting to look somewhat normal...but when I start walking on it again, it'll probably swell up again :-(

xxxx

Posted on 16 June 2008 @ 18:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Just thought I would let you all know that my knee is very much on the mend!! Wahey...bruising is minimal thanks to the frozen peas and elevation!! I can walk on it just fine now without any trouble - which means I can party away the week!! :-)

Thank you, you lovely people for all your help and sympathy!!!

xxx

Posted on 22 June 2008 @ 21:12 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124992799996107!