New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084404 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > search by age group

Go to latest mesage in thread

search by age group

inquisitor, posted over a year ago

Hi,

Is it possible to search or browse entries by the age group of the poster?

I think this site is great, but a pre-teen or teenager has a different set of problems than someone older like myself. While I enjoy browsing the site, I would prefer to focus on the issues that others in my age group have, and so it would be great if it were possible to filter on an age group.

Any comments?

Posted on 26 February 2016 @ 14:5 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

AbellaAbella, posted over a year ago

I think I can see what you are saying. You would like to be able to identify a specific age range to read the questions posted by that specific age group. Is that the meaning you intended?

The advice though would be posted by people of many different age groups - though people answering do sometimes identify, or allude to, their age group, in a reply.

You could also look at the categories, though that is no guarantee that you will find issues that pertain to a more senior demographic specifically.

In relation to your question I am sorry to say that there is no category specifically for questions from persons over 60 or over 70 or over 80.

That said, there are many issues that pertain to people of many different age groups. Crushes, break-ups, dating, cheating, trust, troubled relationships and the ex-factor and yes sex can all affect senior citizens.

I have been told that 60 is now the new 40 according to a relative and I am not going to disagree with her. She has a very busy social life, plays bridge, plays an outdoor game in summer with friends, attends concerts, reads, and attends gym and belongs to a group that makes quilts for a aged care home from donated fabrics.

I have another relative who fell in love and remarried at 82 and the couple (he was older than her) were as smitten as teens. So senior citizens do fall in love, do suffer break-ups and do go online regularly.

And a neighbour of 70 is as much a playboy as he was (I suspect) when he was younger. He offers to give a lift to the shops to nice ladies who are neighbours and I have heard they call him a "naughty boy". He is divorced from his third wife but is actively looking for Mrs #4

I am glad that you think this site is great. I agree with you, it is. Plus it is Free. And Free of advertisements. It's open 24/7 and it is a well thought out site.

From time to time the categories have been modified. Crushes was added some time ago.

Are there some particular issues that especially are important to you?

Posted on 27 February 2016 @ 15:59 (London time) - permalink

HoneypieHoneypie, posted over a year ago

I'd say just skip the ones you don't feel you have any advice for and focus on those you feel able to help.

Some posters don't add age, most do.

You could also say that geographical differences some times makes an answer harder due to different cultures and criteria.

Posted on 3 March 2016 @ 3:33 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.12503039999865!