New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Moved to a new database server

Go to latest mesage in thread

Moved to a new database server

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Hi

I've just completed moving the entire dearcupid database over to a new dedicated database server (it was sitting on the web server until today).

It might have some beneficial impact on performance but most importantly it will allow for further growth and more users (yesterday, Tuesday 12th June 07 was our busiest day ever in terms of questions asked, user visists and pageviews)!

Any problems at all let me know... downtime wasn't too bad at around 30 minutes.

Sometime next week the web server will be moving to a new box too. Shouldn't be any downtime for that.

Andrew

Posted on 13 June 2007 @ 15:57 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Wild ThaingWild Thaing, posted over a year ago

Hey Andrew:

I've been trying to approve answers but I am getting a webpage that simply says "error". I started to set some of the responses to "not approved" but I stopped when I realized that I was having to do this to most of the messages.

Can you have a look?

Cheers.

Posted on 13 June 2007 @ 18:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Me too. I tried to approve a page of answers but they just wouldn't go through, same error. I managed to reject one answer singularly though...

Posted on 13 June 2007 @ 20:4 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Hi guys

Thanks for letting me know!

I've looked into this and fixed it, it wasn't due to the database move as such but because of another performance tweak I did subsequently... which should have speeded up a good few pages on the site (followups, answer pages, column pages)

All fixed :-)))

Andrew

Posted on 13 June 2007 @ 20:44 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140634199997294!