New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Pervs

Go to latest mesage in thread

Pervs

, posted over a year ago

I think we should put a list up of the idiots that send you emails perving on you.

I'm not happy with Vik.

If I'm overstepping boundaries here, so be it.

You can block them but seriously...they need a swift spin kick upside their tarded heads.

Posted on 3 May 2007 @ 21:20 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

dragonettedragonette, posted over a year ago

I don't get perverted mails, but I agree with you anyways. Maybe there should be a "report abuse" function on the mail system. Like if a member gets 3 mails reported he is booted from the system?

Posted on 3 May 2007 @ 21:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Read Vik's profile, looks like a fake account to me. Andrew, delete? :)

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 8:38 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Hi

I've removed the account and mails in question. If you see someone with a fake account or who is sending abuse, please private message me... until Irish dropped me a PM I wasn't aware of this!

A "report abuse" button on the profile page may well make sense, I'll look into doing it in a future release!

Happy friday!!!

A.

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 9:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Andrew any ideas why all my PM's older than 8 weeks have been deleted when other peoples haven't?? grr!!

PS Happy friday too!

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 9:37 (London time) - permalink

Hi Pete

Don't worry, all is not lost!

I'm having a couple of performance glitches with the current server given how busy the site is. In the next couple of weeks the database and webserver will be on new boxes and it should make a big difference. Until then I have restricted the amount of PM's shown to something like 250, as part of a package of measures to ensure that the site doesn't grind to a complete halt. Nothing has been deleted.

Hope this helps explain.

Andrew.

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 9:56 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks, that's very good to hear =)

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 10:0 (London time) - permalink

stinastina, posted over a year ago

Malyce, I got prevy emails from Vik, too. But I knew they were fake and wrote back that it didn't annoy me, but rather I found them amusing (which I actually did - why would someone waste their time writing stuff like this?! Gave me a laugh from my mundane day at work, though!). That was the first and last time this person emailed me.

But yeah, I agree - this has to be a fake account. I've had a few others email me whom I thought were fake, as well. Just ignore them and they'll stop.

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 12:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I feel like I'm missing out, no fair :( I did get a weirdo one from babylove4u though :)

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 13:14 (London time) - permalink

stinastina, posted over a year ago

Aww, Peter. Well, if I have time I'll make a fake account and message you a pervy note so you can be as hip as Malyce and I. lol Then you can come back here and complain about it, too!

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 14:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yay, pervy weirdo strange stalkerish messages!! *life is great* ^_^

Posted on 4 May 2007 @ 20:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

just one point on the 'three reports and your out' idea.

what happens if someone creates 3 fake accounts and reports all of us for abuse from all of them?

that system could be abused by people too :S

Posted on 5 May 2007 @ 10:5 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I think anyone can 'report abuse' but in the end, it will be up to Andrew's discretion, whether or not the offending material should be deleted. Although we all have differing ideas of 'abuse', I do think that when someone uses extreme profanity, is lewd and vulgar, aggressive, disrespectful, angry and degrading, then that definitely needs to be reported. The best one can do is report offensive material. Common sense tells us--it's plainly obvious when someone is going over the top. I haven't had any pervy notes, but I have had two disgruntled, Aunts, who pm'd me , with what they thought of my advice. It was actually quite 'petty, cynical, purposeless' stuff, actually. But in no way, would I have ever 'reported' them. I'll tell you why. I still didn't feel they disrespected 'me', the person, because---they simply do not know me. They just didn't like my opinion. I read their columns and got a 'feel' for how they think, and I found that the advice they gave was really quite insightful and helpful. So even though they didn't like what I had to say, they still had meaningful advice to give to others. And isn't that what this site is all about..helping people in need gain perspective and giving them options on how to deal with troubles. Anytime you have a 'open forum' like this where a great amount of diverse opinions bandied about, you are always going to get 'someone' who gets miffed at what anyone of us, might say. So we have to really have to distinquish 'abuse' here. The Aunt who wrote the perverted messages to Malyce and Stina, was indeed, abusing the system. The profanity, the vulgarity couldn't be ignored. Those are the people that need to definitely be reported and booted off the site. And even if they come back, under other account names, they are the same person who will do the same thing and they will be caught. They will be reported and reported and reported, until they finally give up and just go away. As far as others, reporting all of us, let them. I am sure Andrew will read the material before making a decision, as to whether an Aunt is being abusive or not.

Posted on 5 May 2007 @ 16:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

They don't stop. I suspect it's the same user or group that decide to email. I agree it's very idiotic but when animals are involved in scenarios and Mommy talk...abuse me...I just don't agree with that type of mentality.

Adult conversation I can handle. Solicitation, no.

I like the report abuse button so look forward to that.

Maly

Posted on 5 May 2007 @ 17:25 (London time) - permalink

Maly, in the meantime feel free to PM me anytime with reports of abuse and I will always look into it!

A.

Posted on 5 May 2007 @ 17:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Alright Andrew and thanks for being on top of things-you rock my nads.

Posted on 7 May 2007 @ 15:44 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.156275300003472!