New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > My article and my answers

Go to latest mesage in thread

My article and my answers

, posted over a year ago

I answered a few questions but mine were not there. They were not anything bad. However im still getting followups?

And another thing. I posted an article and waited for it to be posted. It got denied because it wasnt a question!? I posted it in the ARTICLE section. What happened?

Thank you, XoXo

Posted on 14 January 2011 @ 7:34 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

The moderators watch your answers until they are sure that you are a responsible poster; this happens with everyone posting on the site. I think it's 75 questions or so before your answers get fast tracked and are posted automatically when you write them.

Help me out here Mods. Questions are always screened, regardless, and will always take a bit to be posted if they are accepted.

Articles are read and they are weighed individually as to there value and a decision is made on whether or not they are post-worthy by the powers-that-be.

Did I sum this up correctly, Moderators?

Hope this helps you out here at DC.

Posted on 14 January 2011 @ 15:44 (London time) - permalink

dirtballdirtball, posted over a year ago

Moderators do need to approve all posts, questions and answers. The moderators are all volunteers, and at times it is difficult for them to get caught up with submissions. Often there are 100+ answers in the queue that need to be screened, which takes a lot of time on some days. Especially with people like myself who tend to write a lot.

There is no hard or fast rule as to when someone gets put on an auto approve status for their answers. Typically it is a minimum of 100 answers with very few of them being rejected. The mods look for quality and consistancy when considering an aunt for this status.

I'm sorry your article was rejected. It's possible that whatever mod was working on submissions didn't notice it was an article. When you're wading through a backlog of questions sometimes mistakes happen. The mods are just people too. They do their best, but nobody's perfect. They do their best to protect the posters, the site, and still help people in the process.

Unfortunately, once an item has been rejected, there is nothing that can be done in the back room to bring it back.

Posted on 14 January 2011 @ 16:19 (London time) - permalink

celtic_tigerceltic_tiger, posted over a year ago

If you posted an article and it was rejected, it could have been for many reasons.

It may have been that it came in listed as a question not an article. In which case, the Mod probably would have rejected it for not being a question when it was submitted as one. Ultimately the Mods can only go by what they see, and if it says it is a question, that is what we moderate it as. Did you doubly check the tick box for it being an article? It may have just been a glitch in the system - for example the forums were down the other day due to a bug.

It may also have been felt that your article was not suitable for publication or that it was a topic covered often.

As for answers, we do get hundreds every day, and each of these has to be read, looked over and considered for many different reasons. For example, yesterday alone we recieved 190 questions and 612 answers. This is a lot.

http://www.dearcupid.org/stats

Now obviously we do try and publish as many answers as we can, but there are rules as to what can be let thru. Things with txt spk whc nrml ppl cnt understand, too much swearing, off topic, hateful, rude or agressive answers are all rejected, as well as those that could be considered to be detrimental to the OP. We would also reject answers which do not help or make any relevent point.

Posted on 14 January 2011 @ 17:4 (London time) - permalink

DenimandLace44DenimandLace44, posted over a year ago

OR ALL CAPS....

Posted on 14 January 2011 @ 17:16 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124993099998392!