New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > New site!

Go to latest mesage in thread

New site!

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Err, not yet...

I am looking at creating a new site.

It could be about anything!

It must have a community aspect to it. I'm curious if anyone has good ideas - feel free to PM me :-)

Andrew

Posted on 22 December 2006 @ 10:4 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

.. and not a dating site

Posted on 22 December 2006 @ 10:44 (London time) - permalink

David LewisDavid Lewis, posted over a year ago

How about one for people who are being bullied or having other personal problems. Schoolchildren for instance. Bullying is frighteningly evident and many children feel they have nobody to talk to about it. I am sure we could help them.

Posted on 23 December 2006 @ 10:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

David is onto a good idea, there. But if I may add to his idea and take it one step further, I think a site perhaps dedicated just to the 'youth' and teen problems would be a great idea. Life is full of hard, tough choices for kids, nowadays and some young folks need guidance and a 'place' to seek some responsible opinions, that perhaps they are lacking in other areas of their life.

Posted on 23 December 2006 @ 16:26 (London time) - permalink

eddieeddie, posted over a year ago

I agree with Irish and have mentioned this to martini also, concerning youth and this site.

Sometimes I hold back form giving advice to young people. As a matter of fact, I only answer those written by peopel over 18. I don't feel anybody is really qualified to make suggestions to minors. It would bother me to advise a 16 year old on an important issue. We never know the depths of someones dispare. For instance, is someone depressed, suicidal etc. You can't always expect that kids will get help at home either. That could be part of the problem they're dealing with. Any thoughts?

Posted on 23 December 2006 @ 19:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes, totally. Being unrefined as some of the aunts/uncles here, I tend to blurt out some rather unsettling 'advice' - usually towards those with a more matured mentality, but sometimes towards those who are in the early to mid teens. It would be good to keep two sites - one aimed at adults and the other for teenagers and younger.

Posted on 24 December 2006 @ 12:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes, I find myself feeling limited when it comes to advice to teens. I find it discerning that I become a knock off parent. This in itself has many teens getting offended as more often than not; they want someone to say "Have at!". Which I don't do.

It's too bad that the parents aren't more actively aware of their childrens needs. It's sad to discover just how many youth do not believe their parents are a reliable source to turn to for guidance, comfort, and understanding.

Martini...I have come accustomed to your ways and I admire how you are. *hugs*

Posted on 27 December 2006 @ 2:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Well of the 1 in 100 times I get pissed off at someone, I should still really keep my temper at check. [sobs] I've been having really interesting conversations with people anyhow.

BTW, Malyce just sparked something - "It's too bad that the parents aren't more actively aware of their childrens needs" - I'm wondering, if Andrew implements the teen/child site, is there any way to get this site more 'aware' to parents? Possibly schools and such? For one thing DearCupid doesn't come off as flakey, and I think for those aunts and uncles who express more responsible advice (that excludes me possibly 8] ), it can... Yeah, I just lost my trail of thought... 8/

Posted on 27 December 2006 @ 12:5 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

It must be all those hours of slaving away...you need to recharge and soon Dude.

*looks around for train of thought*

Posted on 28 December 2006 @ 3:44 (London time) - permalink

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

Martini YOu of all people do not give unsettling or crappy advice. I think you tell it 'like it is' instead of all the pussyfooting around that some people do....

xps. your train of thought just ended up on my office floor....

Posted on 28 December 2006 @ 23:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

On your office floor eh? Hmmmmmmm...... [wicked grin]

Posted on 29 December 2006 @ 20:11 (London time) - permalink

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

yep with the sushi you snotted out the other day.........

lol

xx

Posted on 30 December 2006 @ 14:54 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124992400000338!