New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > New ratings algorithm

Go to latest mesage in thread

New ratings algorithm

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Hi Everyone

The new ratings algorithm is now live (and alive!).

If you checkout the "top agony aunts" page, the left hand column (ratings by all users) reflects the new algo.

I believe it to be more accurate and far harder for anyone to "game". If anyone has comments/queries/complaints let me know.

People are now only ranked if they've recently been active too... I didn't see a great deal of point in still ranking folks who haven't been on the site in ages.

I hope everyone approves but if not let me know!!!! :-))

(and sorry for the delay been mucking around with this for an age to get it right)

Andrew

Posted on 4 December 2006 @ 12:44 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

YosYos, posted over a year ago

Well since I've been here I've thought Irish, Pete and DrPsych are amongst the top aunts, so I'd say it's accurate :)

Posted on 4 December 2006 @ 13:19 (London time) - permalink

pancakes rulepancakes rule, posted over a year ago

is there anyway to know the average rating of an answer? Although I truly believe in the advice I give and I try to be as reasonable and understanding as possible, I would love to know what people think of specific answers that I post.

Sometimes my numbers go up or down quite a bit and I'd like to know what I said that caused my rating to change.

Posted on 28 June 2010 @ 18:43 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124989000003552!