New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > A needed suggestion for the site

Go to latest mesage in thread

A needed suggestion for the site

ElectricSheepElectricSheep, posted over a year ago

Because all newly submitted questions go through the approval process, (and once they get posted) why not forgo having to approve the original poster's reply to his/her question?

This way the answerers give more accurate and "up-to-date" answers, because they would see the OP's reply straight away and be informed of any changes/updates to the asker's question.

Just a suggestion I hope you will look into =)

Thank you

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 4:48 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Hi there. Not certain if that could work on this site. I do know that DearCupid's moderator's work hard to keep the site a safe venue for all members. By member's we mean, not only the questioners but the responders, as well. Generally, a lot of followups are respectable and polite. Unfortunately, as moderator's, we have also seen many instances where the responder's are harrassed, put down and insulted by a questioner's follow up posting. As well, we have seen many instances where a questioner's followup posting has included personally identifying information. If such information is posted, it can compromise a questioner's safety. And we need to remember we do have a large amount of underaged minors who utilize this site. So therefore, it's very important to screen any and all responses, including the questioner's followup responses.

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 9:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi

I think that the moderators are under-appreciated. I know that there are a few who use the site to either vent (frustration, bitterness, fantasy etc) and they truly need to be moderated, since the comments sometimes get a bit vicious, and although we have our avatars here, it doesn't stop us from taking it personally.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank the moderators for their time and work and dedication.

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 11:50 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thank you, Katyani. I would have to state, that the site does have a great moderator team--they are people who do deal with quite a large array of vicious, abusive postings that never make it on the site. Admittedly, the odd slanderous posting gets by us..but as humans, we do make mistakes. It's a monumental task and with that job, also comes a huge responsibility. I think they are all just superb people and I personally want to commend them all for an amazing job, as well.

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 12:20 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I know that mods want to keep this site cleaned up from the riff raff and the rants they go on, but if a poster wants to take me on bare knuckled, I would like to oblige him/her. Folks that default into "I'm rubber you're glue" are already signaling that their argument is not based on sound logic and it would be nice if we could all watch them spin out. Maybe I am just mean but...OK I am mean.

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 14:24 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

Yep, you're mean. But very sarcastic and funny, and always a breath of fresh air.

The moderators do a fantastic job on dc. I haven't been around much lately, but it's very seldom that I have ever had to write Andrew or click on the "vote to remove unhelpful or hurtful answer" button underneath the replies. Most people truly are just here to help. Or at least offer an opinion that might open up a person's eyes... There are question askers who write in and bait everyone who tries to help them out as well, but that's a horse of a different colour...

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 17:5 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

never fear Q we let all of them through to you...its those other innocent people out there that we're trying to protect. rofl

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 17:5 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

I persoanlly think the "I'm rubber, you're glue" is a brillent repartee. Use it frequently, along with "I know you are but what am I".

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 21:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

hahaha i have a nephew who used to say, at least i dont smell as bad as you....ironic since he did smell bad as a rule. rofl. my personal favorite line is "because im the mom thats why." EYES BABEE HOW YA BEEN???????

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 22:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Birdy we have missed you along with eyes baby. What we haven't missed is that avatar of you picking up something that looks like the pair of underwear I abandoned on the beach back in 1962.

Posted on 16 February 2010 @ 23:24 (London time) - permalink

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

I wish that was me!

That's my daughter.

She's making a drip sand castle on a beach in Maui.

Hi q!

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 0:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Just like eye's avatar. It's so obvious after someone points it out.

Hi BNN!

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 1:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have once succumbed to argument. And I hated myself after that. It is such a waste of energy. NO point. When someone comes to you looking for an outlet, why oblige? Just ignore. That's my mantra. Like refusing the attentions of a gross man across the bar.

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 4:49 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm so thankful to this site as its has cleared my queries in couple of minutes which I wanted to ask for around a year.

I would really like to help this site in what I'm capable of : Web & logo Designing.

It will be my pleasure to do it!

Thank You for building such a great platform!

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 11:45 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

I've always said I'd get a face lift but I'd probably end up getting hit by a Mack truck, instead it was a '97 Pontiac...go figure

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 13:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

ah birdie, i love the beach! I love the smell, the sand...sigh. :) i wouldnt have that you were old enough yourself to have a grown daughter. And yes, we're glad youre back. Mal

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 13:40 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I guess I am a case of arrested adolescence. I think this site is fantastic. I have typed in the name of my 19 year old step daughters boyfriend using a British accent (we live in the states) and accusing him of engaging in all sorts of unpleasant and deviant practices. It's ever so much fun. You all should join me.

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php?sitepal

Posted on 17 February 2010 @ 20:51 (London time) - permalink

ElectricSheepElectricSheep, posted over a year ago

I guess because I seldom see any hateful/abusive questions or answers on here, I thought we lived in a perfect world where moderation was not needed. I do understand the need for it now, and I appreciate the moderators.

I just thought it would make the process go faster =)

Posted on 9 March 2010 @ 3:28 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124934999999823!