New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Keep it LONG

Go to latest mesage in thread

Keep it LONG

LazyGuyLazyGuy, posted over a year ago

When you post a question there is a hint to the side that says "Don't make your question too long..."

This is taken by some people to mean, keep it short. Usually meaning that they don't tell everything or waste several lines apologizing for the length of their post.

Keeping it short works fine for the simple direct problems but many got several issues intertwined and then you need all the details to work it out.

Considering the number of one line questions where we are supposed to be able to mind read I prefer the longer posts where you at least get a hint of what has been going on.

I have no idea about a better way to phrase it, but while it is important posts don't ramble on, people shouldn't feel pressured to leave things out.

Posted on 15 July 2008 @ 16:34 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

birdynumnumsbirdynumnums, posted over a year ago

Definitely point taken and in total agreement here!

Some of the info, like ages, gets left out and we wind up giving the wrong advice. I also have tripped up by answering without looking at the sex of the poster (like telling them to use two forms of birth control to prevent pregnancy to a guy... Lol!). Sometimes asking to keep it short and sweet leaves too much out.

One of my ramble on rants, though, are the questions that wind up with twenty or fifty posts and the questioner coming back with information that he is discussing with one or two Aunties, but because I answered once, I keep getting flagged. And some of these queries have long been answered or totally lost the plot... I wish there was some way of taking it off line into their mailboxes or ending a question that has simply become a chat room.

Anyone else feel that way too?

Posted on 15 July 2008 @ 18:38 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.12505709999823!