New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084410 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Why did you join dearcupid?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Why did you join dearcupid?

RyderRyder, posted over a year ago

Ok so we all joined for a reason. We all somehow found dearcupid. If your bored how about you tell me and everyopne else your story??

Posted on 4 November 2007 @ 21:32 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

RyderRyder, posted over a year ago

Well ill start with myself. I met this girl in school and was going crazy for her but before actually walking up to her i wanted to have a general idea of what to do and how to do it.

I havne't walked up to a girl that i liked in a while so i was really nervous and i also had an internet connection lol. So i kept googling all kinds of things and somehow i got to dearcupid and i was actually so happy to have found it cause i could ask a specific question which people could answer and they wouldnt necessarily know me they wouldnt know anything about what i will do. What made me get attached to it is that i can ask a question with no strings attached and people will answer me without any other influences and corruption in their answers :D

Posted on 4 November 2007 @ 21:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I stumbled on DC back in January 2006 because I was looking for a relationship-help site. I never did anything like this before, as I never had problems like that before. Alas, I found DC, and signed up to ask my two infamous questions, which eventually lead me to contribute ideas and suggestions as the months came and went.

In March of that same year, I broke up with my then girlfriend. Things were rough for roughly 3 weeks, then it was okay. However, I realized that my temper had gotten a lot worst due with the crap I went through with her, etc. So for the next couple of months on DC, I was quite vulgar to say the least, but after some members - anon members mind you, had suggested I cut down on the cursing, I 'woke' up and behaved more. ^_-

Since then, I come here on a couple of weeks and off a month, repeat.

As you know, there are roughly equally as many people who don't like me as there are people who find me amusing on this site. [laughs manically] As time goes on, you and I might even clash, but if nothing too extreme, I'll buy you a drink and some snackies the next day. ^o^

Posted on 5 November 2007 @ 0:9 (London time) - permalink

Jamer70Jamer70, posted over a year ago

Martini you are very amusing on DC.

i joined the site as i had liked a girl on and off for years and it resurfaced yet again. I didnt kow what to do as she dated a good friend and the break up was angry. I didnt know if i should go for the girl i "loved"(i feel dumb for saying it now) or not. Surfice to say the day i said f*** it go head first and ask her out someone else asked her out :(.

Well during this saga is was looking for advice on other sites paled in comparison to DC. It helped me alot and during my mini depression helping others helped me.

Teenage blues eh

Posted on 5 November 2007 @ 5:14 (London time) - permalink

lemontree, posted over a year ago

I joined because at the time, I had a problem that was upsetting me - which I couldn't discuss with friends (because I am married). Basically I had developed a silly crush on my then gym instructor (I suppose because he was rather handsome, and because he had been nice, and a little flirty with me). Although I hadn't made any moves in that direction, he obviously picked up on the fact that I liked him, and started taking the p***, and making brush-off remarks. His colleagues also started making nudge-nudge comments. I was thoroughly embarrassed and humiliated, but couldn't leave because my son was also a member, and I was afraid he would ask questions. Eventually, I wrote to the gym instructor, and told him that he had got the wrong idea - that I was just being friendly etc. This was a mad, and bad idea. He then avoided me like the plague, and looked at me like thunder, whenever he saw me. When I arrived at the gym, he would disappear. On one occasion, as I was leaving he pointedly said to the Receptionist `right I can go back now'. In the end, the gym instructors disappearing act, had unfortunate consequences, because my son had an accident in the gym. I complained to the Manager, and the gym instructor admitted that he had disappeared because he was giving me a wide-berth. But he denied making brush-off remarks, and being rude to me. However this gave me a reason for us to leave.

I was very grateful for the advice, and support I received during a horrible time (particularly from Oblivion). Also, the advice I received helped me to understand the real issue's that I have to deal with (notably my marriage, and lack of self-esteem). However, I do worry now, that I may have misunderstood his remarks, and made a mountain out of a molehill, because I was feeling so inadequate, and expecting rejection (if that makes sense). Also,despite what's happened, I still think about him, and miss him.

Posted on 5 November 2007 @ 12:4 (London time) - permalink

tuxtux, posted over a year ago

I joined I guess for the same reason everyone has, I had a problem and I needed answers. I looked online for relationship advice sites and came across DC. I started to read advice on here, and I felt it wasa a great site for my questions.. :) now that is one thing I can thank my ex for.. helping me find this site :)

Posted on 5 November 2007 @ 20:22 (London time) - permalink

Bounce, posted over a year ago

I joined because I caught my boyfriend of 3.5 years trying to cheat on me (with a guy) while I was out on a business trip.

Posted on 8 November 2007 @ 20:11 (London time) - permalink

DoneDone, posted over a year ago

Well me and my girlfriend had a argument on marriage and she is right, well I thought about going to the pub and drinking my sorrows away, but I really love her and don't want to lose her sow I made the decision to try and help myself buy joining here and getting some advise to try and save my relationship with her.

"Hope it helps."

Posted on 17 February 2008 @ 2:40 (London time) - permalink

lilacpilgrimlilacpilgrim, posted over a year ago

Well, I've always been considered a great help when it comes to advice about just about anything (God knows why) and I'm forever in need of advice so... When I stumbled across this place many moons ago looking for advice on obsessions, eventually I crossed the borderline and thought "Yeah, I need help now..." and then I thought, well why not also offer help as well as getting help? Thus my arrival on the site!

Posted on 18 February 2008 @ 1:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi

I joined because in my life i have been through and seen a lot more things than most people. I was a battered wife for 20 years, met my second bloke within weeks of getting away, then ended up pregnant with my third. If anyone want to read my profile 'some' of it is on there. I have survived and i think i am a qualified to answer most questions. I try to keep away from anything medical because the only answer there is to see a doctor.

I was looking through the internet at the time because i wanted to help battered wives, maybe be an agony aunt on one of their web sites but i stumbled over this site first, and here i am. I'm not even sure when that was, but i love every minute of it.

I always give my honest and open answers and hope i dont offend anyone, but give them hope and life.

So there you are!!!!

take care

xx

Posted on 18 February 2008 @ 8:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi everyone

I joined because I was having a real difficult time with my eldest sons alcoholism, plus my dad has cancer and my mum doesnt know my head had been pretty much all over the place for a few yrs with abusive marriages one of which I was lucky to escape with my life so I dont take to much for granted, and my ex b/f comitting suicide two yrs ago this feb then 4 months later my best mate (sister) past the same way so life was like ARGGGG! But Im a fighter and I was just browsing one day and found this amazing site and asked for a little help and I never left and its helped me so much for the first time in along time i feel better and thats a big thing after being in hospital with deep depression, So tanks people you are amazing more than you no lots of love n hugs MANDY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 3 March 2008 @ 20:35 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124991900000168!