New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > hope you all enjoyed Halloween

Go to latest mesage in thread

hope you all enjoyed Halloween

AbellaAbella, posted over a year ago

Hi,

I've done the extra cooking. We've put up the decorations. Used my biggest mixing bowl to hold a range of treats. The big bowl is now empty. And now exhaustion is setting in.

We had a procession of local children visit for trick or treats. They know they'll get treats.

Last year three boys arrived with horses heads and I didn't recognize who they were until one removed his horses head, then I knew which set of three brothers they were.

My favourite was a group of pre-teen girls, accompanied by two Mothers. The girls were variously dressed as snow white, red riding hood and the others in their scary bloodied nurses uniforms.

Lots of pumpkin shaped containers.

One pair of little boys, with their Dad, picked out only the non-pink marshmallows. Told me they didn't want the pink ones, thank you.

The proprietary brand chocolates disappeared the soonest.

Some children were ever so sweet about not taking too much from the bowl such that I encouraged them to take a few more, which was well received.

By the time the last group to arrived the bowl was getting low.

That last group received the most though as it was getting very late and their buckets were empty. Maybe some houses had run out of treats?

I told them to divide what was left in the bowl. Which caused them to be very happy.

All the children were lovely and said thank you. It is nice to see such sweet good manners.

My own seem to think they are getting too old to go trick or treating, but they certainly still raided the bowl a few times themselves, so they did not miss out.

A little bit of fun, and it is only once a year.

Memories are made of such occasions in childhood.

Yes there are children in need in every corner of the globe, but when one can put some joy into the lives of one's children and others, then one does what is possible.

If you do celebrate Halloween I do hope it was enjoyable for you and your families.

Posted on 1 November 2015 @ 9:33 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

no nonsense Aidan, posted over a year ago

It sounds like you all had great fun and the kids really made an effort for the occasion. Great stuff.

Posted on 2 November 2015 @ 16:55 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.125019600003725!