New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > wife or girlfriend

Go to latest mesage in thread

wife or girlfriend

Today, posted over a year ago

The wife or the girlfriend? Well this is my question. I have been married for seven years. I got married when I was 22 and mainly because my wife was pregnant. Since then we have 3 children together. I have had 2 affairs on my wife both which she knows about. So here is where I need the help about 18 months ago I met a girl that I had a very strong sexual attraction to and our personalities seemed to really click so just like anyone else we started flirting and of course flirting ended up turning into sex and sex turned into a relationship. When my wife found out about the affair of course she freaked out. I moved in with the girl I had the affair with and lived with her for about 7 months before I moved back home to help with the baby to be born. I continued to see both of them during this time about 4 months ago I cut of ties with the girlfriend to commit to the wife but my heart never hurt so bad I missed the girlfriend like never before. So I started contact up again and the wife knows this. I have to make a decision the wife or the girlfriend. If I go with the girlfriend I really think it is true love, the sex is amazing, we have all the same interests and I am so happy around her. The negatives about the girlfriend are I am 30 she is 21, the child support and alimony, the guilt of leaving my wife I am the bread winner and she hasn’t worked in 8 years, the embarrassment of the divorce and the affair, and of course how the divorce will affect will children and me seeing them on a daily basis. So this is the cliff notes what do I do I have to make a decision. I just can’t keep seeing both of them. Please help!

Posted on 29 July 2007 @ 4:22 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

You already made a choice seven years ago you selfish, ungrateful man.

Posted on 29 July 2007 @ 6:24 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The wife or the girlfriend? Well you could change your religion and have both. What a mess!!!!! So you had to get married and she held a gun to your head and made you marry her. Then you had more children. Why ?? Is it her fault as well? STOP acting like the victim. Stop thinking with Mr Plod below ,you have children who rely on you.

“ the girlfriend I really think it is true love, the sex is amazing, we have all the same interests and I am so happy around her”……What will happen seven years and a couple of kids later? Will you be back with the wife? Or have another string of girlfriends.

Once you make a choice, in your case you chose to marry your wife. You make it work you communicate and do your best to make a home for your wife and children. Screwing around and lighting other fires will not make you a happy man. What is a marriage, it’s not a sentence it’s a journey you take together. And when kids are part of your journey your role is to teach and protect. Somewhere along the line you have lost your perspective. Loose the girlfriend and try and get it back .Its going to be hard but you are making a decision that’s going to affect many lives not just your own. Just remember guilt is your compass if you have strong guilt feelings then you need to work through them and figure out why you still feel them.

Posted on 29 July 2007 @ 11:7 (London time) - permalink

Jamer70Jamer70, posted over a year ago

I agree with Malyce Synn

Posted on 29 July 2007 @ 16:31 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You know, if you had a friend like me, you would be happy and fulfilled in your relationship. I bet you don't have alot of people you can turn to for advice to help you understand and love your wife.

Personally, I would pimp slap you upside your daft head.

Posted on 29 July 2007 @ 21:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

You're a coward. Divorce your wife if you no longer choose to honour them.

Posted on 29 July 2007 @ 22:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

(Your vows)

Posted on 29 July 2007 @ 22:7 (London time) - permalink

Today, posted over a year ago

Wow! I didnt expect to be hit so hard. The main issue is my wife really wants to work things out. And yes I am smart enough to realize everything with the girlfriend will not allways be great. I just dont want to make a huge mistake.

Posted on 1 August 2007 @ 15:22 (London time) - permalink

NuVu, posted over a year ago

You've already made the mistake.. countless times. Move on from your wife, you've already destroyed the poor woman, why do you choose to continue to torment her. Unfortunately, her esteem is a wreck thanks to you, and she's clinging onto you simply cause she's to scared to face the world alone. Hopefully, she has some frineds and family to help her, but you've done enough already.

Posted on 1 August 2007 @ 16:48 (London time) - permalink

EmilieEmilie, posted over a year ago

cor get over yourself, your poor wife. You should be ashamed.

Posted on 4 August 2007 @ 23:29 (London time) - permalink

leonard j.Douglas, posted over a year ago

You have no idea what LOVE is really all about,and I doubt that you will ever see much further than your balls when, it comes to any woman in your head or in your bed. And if commitment were a Max-Truck and it ran you over, you still wouldn't know what in Hell! LOVE is all about.When your balls get tired of your new chick,she'll just be another notch upon your dick. And you'll move on, And the Ass will always look greener on the other side of the fence. The only help you need is brain syrgery, as I see it.

Posted on 8 August 2007 @ 6:11 (London time) - permalink

SarahGSarahG, posted over a year ago

Your not right in the head you poor wife!

Posted on 9 August 2007 @ 16:57 (London time) - permalink

tracyann, posted over a year ago

simple.. grow up ,.......

Posted on 30 August 2007 @ 20:23 (London time) - permalink

ohwoesme, posted over a year ago

Did you ever think that maybe the girlfriend is like an escape from reality for you..and if you left your wife and kid's..eventually the girlfriend who is 21..probably will want kid's too...maybe not but probably...I dont know the whole story with your wife and pregnancies and so forth but..you were both there to make the kid's...not too be cruel..I am sure you love your children..what about your wife?..

Posted on 16 October 2007 @ 4:30 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125017200000002!