New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Nervous About My Dream Job Interview

Go to latest mesage in thread

Nervous About My Dream Job Interview

stinastina, posted over a year ago

Hi everyone! ^_^

Does anyone have any tips to calm themselves down for job interviews? I know this is probably a dumb question for someone who is already 25, but I'm so nervous that I can't think straight! (Normally, this is the sort of question I'd be able to answer here!) My interview isn't until Friday, but when I visited the building yesterday to make sure I knew where it was, I had such *bad* butterflies already!!

I don't want to mess up what I'm saying or pass out when I actually have to be there. lol Something tells me if I fell over unconcious onto the lobby floor, then I wouldn't get the position.

I was thinking about posting this on the main site, but it's not really about a relationship - hopefully I'll get at least a couple responses! Anything would help! Eee!!! ^_^

Posted on 2 July 2007 @ 12:46 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Why howdy there, Stina :)

Try thinking back to a time when you were in the state that you want to be in.

e.g. at the moment you are overwhelmed with butterflies, excitement and overly nervous so think back to a time when you were feeling excited and apprehensive, a similar state, but one where it was a positive and more controlled feeling that you enjoyed.

When you start to feel too nervous close your eyes and make sure you are breathing deeply and relive the desired state, the one you associate positively.

You could try anchoring a calming word to the desired state too, so repeatively say your chosen word to yourself over again as you play out the desired state.

It works wonders if you use your internal dialog in this way to talk over out of control conscious thoughts. Just don't allow yourself to construct any anxiety producing thoughts, internally say your calming word instead and your mind won't be able to get overwhelmed.

Go you though!! Remember that you're not there by chance, you got there because you deserve to be there! Let me know what time your interview is ok! :)

Posted on 2 July 2007 @ 16:17 (London time) - permalink

Hey Pete! Thank you - I'm definitly going to try what you've recommended. I especially like having a word to use, too. I forgot about that and seem to do well with that kind of technique. (I should have thought about that, but like I said I'm not really thinking clearly! Too excited and nervous!) ^_^

And thanks for the encouraging words! I'll have to pm you with details - maybe send you some pictures I'm using in my portfolio. ^_^

Posted on 2 July 2007 @ 19:22 (London time) - permalink

flower girlflower girl, posted over a year ago

Hey just be yourelf and enjoy it, i try and go in with the attutude it does not matter it's just interview experience and that keeps me relaxed, and i have never not got a job after the interview.

I would just like to wish you the very best of luck for Friday i'm sure you will be fine.xx.

Posted on 2 July 2007 @ 22:20 (London time) - permalink

Thanks, Flower! ^_^ I'll try to view it as interview experience, although that will be kind of hard to do! (But I think anything would be with the nerves I'm experiencing!!)

Posted on 3 July 2007 @ 12:6 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124993500001438!