New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Thanks

Go to latest mesage in thread

Thanks

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Thanks to the new moderators who have made a super start helping out the existing gang!

Minutes delay until question publication is down from 400-500 minutes recently to under 60 minutes.

Great work, all the moderators :-))

As always any feedback to make life easier let me know, Irish gave some great feedback earlier this week which I incorporated within a couple of hours.

Andrew

Posted on 19 June 2007 @ 17:52 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Hi Andrew,

It would be really helpful if you developed the bit where the answer and question ID is on the page. I assume it's on there incase we want to change anything, but if there is already someone logged in, we can't get in (unless we know the url) and also the id needs to be copy and pasted in the url to change that answer or question. It would be much more helpful, if changing a question or answer in this way can be a link or something?

Posted on 19 June 2007 @ 21:39 (London time) - permalink

Hi Pete

I'll look into what I can do with this but it's not easy because as you say there might be someone logged in...... ideally the link to the individual question would then not allow you into the rest of the management side while that's the case.

I'll give it some thought any smart ideas on how to get around this problem feel free to PM me!

A

Posted on 20 June 2007 @ 9:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

BTW nice changes in the management particularly where it tells you how many questions are outstanding from a given IP address, plus it all looks much tidier now.

I think with the above problem, maybe when updating an answer row you could compare the expected answer body with a revised one from SQL before you commit the update and if it's modified it could return an error saying the answer was modified by someone else and that it didn't save?

Posted on 21 June 2007 @ 9:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have another idea, what about if you had a "report" link for answers, too?

If a question exceeds a certain number of reports then it becomes unapproved and flagged for a moderator.

An example:

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/is-it-normal-for-a-man-to-want.html

I don't think the second answer should be approved because it is just completely unhelpful. If say 3 people clicked on a report link it would be removed. I think either that with the above idea of being able to quickly unapprove an answer using a direct link to the moderator section will get off any bad answers, as I do read too many answers that are either unhelpful or are likely to cause the question writer anguish?

Posted on 21 June 2007 @ 9:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have another idea,

Since I will never click on any of your adverts and I'm sure a lot of the other regulars won't either, how about having the facility to let people pay some kind of annual amount whereby we don't see the adverts? I'm more than happy to pay an amount and you'll get more revenue from the site.

Posted on 21 June 2007 @ 12:28 (London time) - permalink

stinastina, posted over a year ago

Dr Pete, you said "If say 3 people clicked on a report link it would be removed." I think that's a great idea! But maybe it would be better if that option was open only to the mods? Some people have too much time to waste and might go through clicking on answers just because they feel like messing with the site, you know? But I think you have a great idea!

Andrew, is this sort of thing possible? I agree with Peter that too many answers I read are unhelpful and downright offensive to the question asker.

Posted on 21 June 2007 @ 13:43 (London time) - permalink

Hi Pete

I think that's a great idea re: 3-clicks.

However I also think that the mod software should enforce more consistancy regarding %age of answers that are rejected... I guess that some folks are much less strict than others so I will look at adding a %age indicator for how many people are rejecting.

The $$$ option is something I've been considering. I may put up a paypal link initially and allow people to go ad-free to see if anyone takes it up.

Great feedback!

Andrew

Posted on 21 June 2007 @ 20:18 (London time) - permalink

Oooh, even if paying didn't get rid of the ads, I'd love to donate to the site, Andrew. ^_^ Maybe like a "tip jar" or something...

Posted on 21 June 2007 @ 21:12 (London time) - permalink

Thanks for the kind comment Stina

I am thinking of something like that although to be honest I do this because I really enjoy it and would kinda feel bad if people felt like they had to dip into their pockets.

Watch this space!

Posted on 21 June 2007 @ 21:51 (London time) - permalink

Well, people wouldn't "have" to donate, you know. ^_~

Posted on 22 June 2007 @ 0:49 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125002000000677!