New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > People are primitive

Go to latest mesage in thread

People are primitive

, posted over a year ago

It is sad to see how primitive people really are. As some of you know I am openly gay and I like to go out in drag once in a while or whenever I find a sexy new dress. I went out in drag with my sister and when we arrived at the bar it was disappointing to see the people laugh, talk crap and stare. Of course I am not bothered by this because I am a lot smarter then they are. Days before this I had a customer refused to have me help him because I was gay. I made a comment on this and suggested he went to a non gay restaurant(were ever you might find one). Then the next day he comes in again and refused to have me make his food. I went off on this prick and told him he knew gay people worked here and no one forced him to eat at this particular restaurant. But because he thought he was some kind of great god from above he thought other wise. It saddens me to see that the only thing depriving this world to thrive is hate. You thought we would as a United Nation we would worry about the homeless, the starving, the sick, and the disabled people in this world. Instead we seem to repeat our history and we fight over being different. People live like they were in the medevil times. I get so frustrated when I see this kind of crap. I believe everyone should be able to do there own thing as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else's needs. So much hate and so much backstabbing I can't see why people wont just move on and worry about the real problems in our world. Just recently I read the comment board on Tim Hardaway's comment on gay people and it was depressing to see how unintelligent these people were. There were some really good responses on the comment board but most were a bunch of stupid fears and denial. I commended a women on her comment because she stated that an opinion is no longer considered an opinion once hatred is intertwined. An opinion is nothing more than ones perception on fragments of facts and hatred is not an opinion but and emotion and facts can't be gathered accurately if it is out of hate. I really had to get that out of my head, I just think it is time for people to get an upgrade, it is like people are only happy when they can cause other people pain and take away peoples purpose. I just wish I could punch some sense into these people but there convictions blind them from the truth and others can't handle the truth. Long live the idiots(frowning to myself).

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 0:1 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

eddieeddie, posted over a year ago

Being gay must be difficult at times. Especially when you first become aware you are. Of course, we live in a society that would have us believe, for the most part, that it's second class. I give gay people credit for having the courage to live as they are so inclined.

You say you are not bothered by other peoples reaction to your cross dressing I think you are to some extent. I understand you're disliking their behaviour when you enter the room dressed as a woman. But just as you want to be accepted, you have to cut them a little slack too. Talking crap is out of line, that's for sure, but you might try to understand what they see. You're a man, dressing as a woman. You're not a women. So you're pretending to be something you're not. People have a right to react to that, in good taste, but react, none the less. They have no right to offend you but I'm sure you see it all the time.

Most gay people Ive met are not cross dressers. It's limited, but from what I can tell, most gay people are just gay. If some guy walked into a gay bar, dressed as a clown, you might laugh too. And, I'm in no way equating cross dressing to clowns. My point is, it's out of the ordinary. People react to things that are uncommon with trepidation. They're afraid of the unknown. If a man puts on a dress, that doesn't make him a woman. It makes him a man dressed as a woman. That's not good or bad, just out of the ordinary. We make our decisions based on what we know. It helps us to form opinions. If I see a red thing hanging off a tree, I expect it's an apple, not an orange. If I was looking to meet a woman, I wouldn't want to spend my time talking to a guy in a dress. After all, I'm being real, you're pretending to be a woman. That doesn't make you bad, just not authentic. Some men can really pull it off too, so unless everyone knows that you're not really a woman, it's kind of a misrepresentation.

I like all people. I like to hear what makes them tick and what they're all about. If I'm talking to a man who's wearing a skirt and a halter top, you're darn right it will intrigue me to ask a question or two. When I travel, I look forward to meeting the stranger beside me on the plane. IF they're from Peru, I ask about Peru. Diversity is fun. You have to realize though that if you try to pretend you're something you're not, people react. It's not just cross dressig either. People don't like people who misrepresent thmeselves, especially sexually, especially men. Men seem to take it as a threat to their own sexuality.

I would give you the courtasy you deserve but I have to be honest. If you wee dressed as a woman and doing a really poor job of it, I might get a chuckle out of it.

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 1:21 (London time) - permalink

luvme247luvme247, posted over a year ago

I don't agree with a man dressing like a woman going out in public trying to pick up men as if they were a woman. That is messed up. Imagine being that man... He takes her home, has a little wine, takes her up to his room... to find an extra appendage between her legs. That is messed up! If you are gay, at least be upfront with the person you are picking up. I think that even 95% of gay men will even agree with that one...

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 4:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Actually my point I was making was how stupid people are when it comes to being different. I also don't recall trying to pick up men I just like to drag once in a while for the thrill that is why my sister accompanied me. If I wanted to pick up a man I would have done it out of drag because like I said I only do it for a thrill, singing or when I get a new dress. The fact that people act like something is an abomination because they don't do it. I don't mind if people ask if I am a man or women I tell them truthfully, it is nice for people to not be fully sure and ask and complement. My point was how negative people are towards other people I just had to use my sexual orientation as my source of information and I wasn't looking for pity I just wanted to hear how stupid everyone else thought these people are. I wanted to get everyone to talk about the how people are more concerned with forming society in thier persnal way instead of helping to evolve it. If I wanted someone to pity me I would have posted an anonymous question on the front page.

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 5:31 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Don't mean to sound blunt I was trying to get a point across

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 5:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Duly noted Realm. There are always that unfortunate fact, just like religion itself. Keep it to yourself and not exert on others. As for homosexuals, the reverse is keeping it to themselves but those unaware, narrowly-minded seem to feel it will invade their sexual nature somehow, like some form of disease. Quite displeasing mind you.

It is more widely accepted than before in certain areas of the world, but then with this new acceptance has come an ever greater rejection by those who wish to make their religious/political right-wing mentality heard.

What those people who blatantly reject homosexuals, are simply the same as the Nazi Death Squad making their rounds shouting propaganda and beating them up with their 'hetero-batons'. Makes me vomit a 'little' thinking about that. There isn't anything anyone can do unless we counter aggression with aggression. It isn't ideal of course, but sometimes, assertiveness just doesn't do anything or enough. To get a panicking chaotic person to stop panicking, sometimes give her/him a good smack and s/he might just snap out of it.

[chuckles]

No, of course not. Right. Mhm.

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 5:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Realm, don’t waste your time trying to evolve people, it will just exhaust you. You can't speak to people who have closed minds. What’s important is you have accepted who you are and those closest to you have as well. You are the creator of your life so enjoy it how you like. What you have to remember is people who have problems with issues such as gay people, religion, racism are the ones with the problem not you because you have accepted who you are.Enjoy your hooray moments and when people get you down f*ck them

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 11:1 (London time) - permalink

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

Ok, my point is in agreement with realm. I have a gay, transvestite friend and the only problems I have EVER had with it is that people are so judgemental...get over it!! Each to their own!! And the fact that nearly every time I buy something nice that he likes it ends up going back home with him.....thieving git.... ;-)

I think men should be allowed to wear exactly what they want, where they want when they want. LOng live (the very beautiful) Eddie Izzard!!

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 15:12 (London time) - permalink

Ok, my point is in agreement with realm. I have a gay, transvestite friend and the only problems I have EVER had with it is that people are so judgemental...get over it!! Each to their own!! And the fact that nearly every time I buy something nice that he likes it ends up going back home with him.....thieving git.... ;-)

I think men should be allowed to wear exactly what they want, where they want when they want. LOng live (the very beautiful) Eddie Izzard!!

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 15:12 (London time) - permalink

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 15:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

No I wasn't going to change anyone's perspective view on me I just don't need to hear their s@#t about how sick I am or that I am an abomination(that's why I don't go to church). I just think it was wrong how people think it is a bigger problem that people are different than trying to take care of our dying, sick, homeless, and disabled people. I was more worried about how slow people are to making decisions based on helping instead of hurting. I really could care less what people thought of me, like they say the more people that hate you the less chance of you ever having to cross paths with them. If I was going to force people I would have took drastic measures. Of course I am not that way.

Posted on 18 February 2007 @ 18:1 (London time) - permalink

You sound like fun hunny. Why do you have to be an ocean away...

:-(

Posted on 19 February 2007 @ 13:46 (London time) - permalink

WendygWendyg, posted over a year ago

Realm, is that a picture of you!? My gosh... Its put me off what I wanted to say lol... ;o)

But I say Each to their own, I have never judged anyone in the slightest way, and how the individual decides to lead their life is up to them...

Those with narrow minds cannot see past their own noses and these are the sorts that are boring, shallow and dont have anything much going on in their lives!

People are snobs.. thats that long and short of it... why one person should care how another chooses to live is beyond me!

We are all unique, and we are all precious!

Posted on 19 February 2007 @ 16:57 (London time) - permalink

dragonettedragonette, posted over a year ago

Theoretically, as long as they don't hurt anybody or break any laws, let people be as they want to be.

Posted on 19 February 2007 @ 17:34 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140600400001858!