New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Best Friends

Go to latest mesage in thread

Best Friends

, posted over a year ago

Hey everyone...

It's well into the afternoon and I just woke up. Neck is sore and my shoulders need a good stretching. Ah, tonight's hot pot murder mystery party should be rather interesting... [sigh] Ah well...

ANYWAY, I would just like to vent a little bit about the mention of best friends that I've noticed throughout DearCupid. Like in the recent bouts of new threads, I've noticed that quite a few teenagers are having a heck of a time trying t work out their relationships with their boyfriends and/or girlfriends and one of the biggest obstacles is that their best friends are also in the picture.

[ponders briefly]

I say, if the best you can do as an individual to have a friend like that who sleeps around with your partner (or lack thereof) or plays mind games with you, or does things that compromise the support and integrity between you and him/her, then surely doesn't that mean that you should detach yourself from friends like that, let alone girlfriends or boyfriends like that?

You should definitely find and accept a wider range of friends. Rather than make one friend and stick with him or her, you should definitely meet more people, and see how compatible you are with them on a deeper level. Rather than have A BEST friend, you should try to meet and accept a few friends that might become close to you one day. Then continue to build on those relationships.

FROM THE LOOKS of it here on DC, there is a HUGE difference between BEST FRIEND and GOOD FRIEND. Best friends are a dime a million. Good friends are like the rare early-1900's silver nickel. Just totally uncomparable.

However, something just came to mind. I mean how would you as a person be morally inclined to do otherwise? I see so many threads that say "I like this guy, but my best friend likes him too, so should I tell him I like him?"

I know that principles differ from person to person, but if it was me and one of my close friends who fell for the same girl, I would back-off. I wouldn't even bring it up. In fact it would only be after their relationship is well-established, that I will bring it up with my friend and tell him that I was once attracted to her, but I am extremely happy that he got her and hope they have the best.

In another example is falling for your best friends' girl or guy - I mean, come on! If my close male friend has a girlfriend, she automatically becomes my sister, as he is my brother. Whatever feelings I may develop that may be out of my control, stays in control. Understand? I'm not going to let my emotions affect their relationship! That is just not a part of the equation. It's non-existing!

A close friend should be a brother or a sister to you. Someone close, sentimentally meaningful. Someone who holds the upper ground while you make sure they make their escape by fending off the enemy. Someone whom you look up to, or at the least hold a similar amount of respect and/or admiration for. Someone who has an affinity with you, who sees you as your brother or sister in arms. Someone whom is a part of your family. Someone whom you would go to hell fighting side by side, while drinking large quantities of beer and laugh every time a demon falls to your feet!

[sigh]

I'm done my rant, and I know it looked abruptly cut off but my stomach is bellowing with hunger and it's freezing in here.

Good day.

-li

Posted on 13 January 2007 @ 23:58 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

Sweetie, what brought that on?

Posted on 14 January 2007 @ 0:54 (London time) - permalink

eddieeddie, posted over a year ago

Martini...have something to eat and crawl back into bed.....Actually, good rant. Chalk it up to young people who haven't experienced real problems yet. Remember when you're 15 - 18 everything sounds major. THAT is why I shy away from commenting on post submitted by minors. None of us are "really" qualified to offer advice on some of the topics broached here. Even though we're asked for advice we need to be careful.

Posted on 14 January 2007 @ 2:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

May I just say, I am... [ponersds] Hmmm... What time is it? 2:04am... [chuckles.]

To take advantage of my weakness at the moment, I would like to say that [laughs] I wish I can do more. [ponders] I am just... Thinking.

[ponders more]

Sometimes, when I read people's questions and dilemmas, an automatic thingy happens, and I hold back so much. [sigh]

Sometimes, do you feel like going away? Like just disapparing for wahilwe? [laughs]

I'm sorry. I'm drunk. I know I am a hyprociraouesa... Erm, .... hypocrite. Yes. But, at least I won't cheat on anyone. Hahaha...

I just felt that I needed to vent. For me, it's easy to make friendships. It's not quantity of friendship. It's quality, and substance. w

Well... I feel sad geniuinely that people do these things to each other. O mean... I mean... Yeah.

8]

Sorry. Just emotions bottled up over a long time. Don't mind me really. There are far worst situations int his world. I think. We give good advice, no matter how diverse.

8]

Just that... You would think that... You know?

I mean, sometimes, I know, I know... But, because you know? I understand, but... yeah.

Ah, tea.

Posted on 14 January 2007 @ 10:16 (London time) - permalink

eddieeddie, posted over a year ago

Martini.....What the hell did you say???????????

Posted on 14 January 2007 @ 16:19 (London time) - permalink

NikitaNikita, posted over a year ago

Martini, are you on drugs dear?

Posted on 14 January 2007 @ 17:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Martini...*huggggssssss*

Life is still beautiful regardless of how it can appear that the world is full of oblivious people bent on wrecking havoc on others.

There are still good people. There are still those who can listen and lend support. There are still those who have the ability to make others laugh. There are still those who you can share moments of silence together and feel content.

All is well. There is still a reason to hope.

*huggggggggggggssssssssss*

Posted on 14 January 2007 @ 20:12 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Ah sorry about that. I was really REALLY out of it last night after a party my friends organized for me. It was a good small one where only two people dressed up for the Murder Mystery game we didn't play. Hot pot was good, Cranium was fun, and when I got home, wow, I was like so messed up. I tried typing something to someone and realized it was taking me forever to type it, then I passed out. Yup. Let's just say for the last two hours, it wasn't very great. Rather, it was very bad... Flu maybe? I am SOOOO hungry, but anything I put into my stomach including water is a big no no. [sobs] I feel like instant noodles, or a Big Mac, or Fishy Congee. Mmmm... Fishy Congee......

[sigh]

Thanks btw... 8]

Posted on 14 January 2007 @ 23:49 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124996999998984!