New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > DC Ratings

Go to latest mesage in thread

DC Ratings

sweetspicysweetspicy, posted over a year ago

So I'm kind of new to this dear cupid site and I dont understand how the ratings work. I saw the graph chart that says excellent, average, and poor. Is it only from questions you post that get rated? Is it your profile that gets the ratings? Or is it your answers that give you your ratings? what if I dont want to be rated how can I get rid of the graph chart, every one always judging me.

Posted on 10 April 2010 @ 13:35 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

LoveGirl, posted over a year ago

"...everyone always judging me." hey don't even worry about this rating. i read a while back that some of the more 'seasoned" aunts do not place too much of emphasis on it anyway. perhaps if you are honest, straightforward, tactful when necessary and say what a person needs to hear and not what they want to hear will stand you in good stead. I know it is easier said than done and maybe if you are too frank then your answers would be blocked anyway but at least you will remain true to yourself and that is more important than some rating. Just my thoughts on this. don't know whether i am wrong, maybe someone else could respond.

Posted on 11 April 2010 @ 21:18 (London time) - permalink

C. GrantC. Grant, posted over a year ago

If you look at the answers, underneath each is a set of stars. If you think the answer absolutely rocks, you can click on the fifth star and give it a five star rating. If you think the answer is out to lunch, you can click on the first star. Each aunt's rating is based on the average of what people clicked.

Most people who hang out here long enough stop paying attention. The ratings can be manipulated --- if you really annoy someone, they can go through all your answers and rate them poorly. A particularly high rating is a nice pat on the back, but personally I look at the next dozen below me and know that many of them are way more insightful than I am.

Bottom line -- if "being judged" bothers you, ignore it. :)

Posted on 11 April 2010 @ 21:27 (London time) - permalink

MyauMyau, posted over a year ago

Well in my not so humble opinion, the ratings serve to annoy use and to give other AA's who dont like us a chance to flame us.

My personal rating has been as high as 9 and as low as 5. My answers have been in roughly the same tone.

On this top AA lists I am rated 8 by the posters and thats the one i look at really.

So I guess its upto you to decide if they are really important

Posted on 18 April 2010 @ 20:23 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125029599999834!