New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Love

Go to latest mesage in thread

Love

, posted over a year ago

I adored the Mexican starring Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts.

In it there is a question that is asked by James Gandolfini "When has love runned its course, when is enough, enough?"

What do you think of the answer?

Posted on 18 September 2006 @ 18:27 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

sexylinzsexylinz, posted over a year ago

i beleive enough is enough when u find urself lusting after other peop;e and feeling like you want to cheat.

although it could be said that if that was the case then it wasn't really love at all.

love is the desire to spend the rest of ur life with someone n if u are really willing to do that then you wouldn't feel the need to wonder.

everyones opinions are different but i kno a relationship has run its course by how i feel. i become annoyed by every little thing they do, i find myself wanting to spend less and less time with that person, and more and more time with someone else...generally another man.

Posted on 18 September 2006 @ 23:1 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

When the person who loves you stops expressing their love for you or visa versa. Thats probably when the person hides behind I love you but not in love with you.

Or you stop seeing them through rose tinted glasses.

Love is such a vast topic,the scientist have a different take ...chemicals and all.

[I had better get off to work]

Posted on 19 September 2006 @ 6:30 (London time) - permalink

WendygWendyg, posted over a year ago

As Ariel stated, when the person just loves you and is not in love with you, I think it then pretty much has run it course. Its much harder to fall back in love with someone once you have fell out of love.

For alot of people though its the fear of being alone that keeps them with someone they dont love, they get used to routine and take things for granted, and carry on with the pretense. They will continue to say I love you when they only really mean it in the friendship sense.

Posted on 19 September 2006 @ 11:26 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

i think its time to call it enough when those feelings you once had are now no longer ther! or when some body is not as they was at the beginning as well as different things like being treated badly e.g being cheated on constantly,being beat up no respect no trust! and no communication nor commitment and you dont feel comftorble or loved any more thats what you call enough!

Posted on 25 September 2006 @ 23:40 (London time) - permalink

snowbirdsnowbird, posted over a year ago

Yes, and when you reach the 'watersheds' of your life - for me it was each 'big' birthday; - and looking back over each decade, and coming to the (very) slow realisation that, with each decade, more promises have fallen through, more 'happy' occasions have been spoilt (thanks to that person), and the horrible truth that, although (he) may not have been an outrightly "bad" person, you realise that your real happiness is really not of equal importance to that person as (his) own.

For me, that was the 'giving up' point..it took me 31 years...call me a slow learner, if you wish, but I was always hopeful that change was on the horizon - but the horizon kept moving further away, and I was running out of time!

Thankfully - and just in time - I have found someone for whom I KNOW has my happiness right up there with his own, and does all he can to ensure that I am kept happy, and of course, I do the same for him...to me, that is what love is all about - not so much selflessness, but not being happy unless you know your partner really is, too, and proving it in everyday tasks and thoughtfulness.

Posted on 8 October 2006 @ 11:16 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140549699997791!