New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Can someone ever fully understand the other sex?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Can someone ever fully understand the other sex?

tegustalo, posted over a year ago

I am a guy who cannot seem to understand women. They just change too often, and I never know what to expect. I have heard girls say the same things about guys. What do you all think?

Posted on 25 July 2006 @ 4:58 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

I believe this topic is too generalized. Really depends on the individual. For me, no matter how illogical a girl may be, I can more often than not, find the core of her 'problem'. Women are not mysterious, but a particular woman can be.

Posted on 25 July 2006 @ 7:34 (London time) - permalink

WendygWendyg, posted over a year ago

Men just see the simpler side of things where as most woman like to make it more complicated.

We all get along and i dont see why we cant truly understand one another, but we are all differnet and I wouldnt always say its got anything to do with someones sex, we can equally not understand the same sex so i dont think its got anything to do with being male or female.

Posted on 25 July 2006 @ 10:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I say of course men and women can understand each other, and I wish that was common knowledge! I'm tempted to strike my gender off of my profile because I've had feedback which tells me my advice is terrible - then, suddenly, if some female agony aunts pipe in and take my line, suddenly the question asker does a total about-face and ends up taking the advice I originally gave her! Sexism cuts both ways and it's starting to offend me.

Posted on 26 September 2006 @ 2:6 (London time) - permalink

sexylinzsexylinz, posted over a year ago

but how do u know that? how can you tell who has given u good or bad feedback?

Posted on 26 September 2006 @ 14:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I agree with martini.

We're the same species so we're not so different. However, an observant person can spot the differences, that mainly seem to be caused by life experiences, value of self, confidence etc.

We are all similar but through such conditioning react in often distinct ways to react to a problem.

Men are from mars, women are from venus; only to those who can only see the world through their own limited perspective.

Posted on 27 September 2006 @ 0:21 (London time) - permalink

YosYos, posted over a year ago

Depends what you mean by understand.

If you mean 'make reasonable behavioural predictions based on observed prior behaviour' then yes, we can. Sort of.

If you mean 'know what it is really like to be that person, or sex' then I don't think so.

It's the difference between knowing how someone will tick, and what makes them tick.

But then I don't think any two people can really 'understand' each other, let alone a man and a woman. We're all locked in our own metaphysical bubbles 99.99% of the time with the very ocassional momentary deep metaphysical connection that reminds us we are all linked.

Posted on 27 September 2006 @ 8:7 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124983499998052!