New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Music?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Music?

SkellingtonSkellington, posted over a year ago

Well, the Cupids Lounge description says talk about whatever is on your mind....

What does everyone enjoy listening to?

My tastes range from heavy metal like Soilwork, Metallica, Slayer, and Mastodon allllll the way to classical such as Tchaikovski and Mozart (just recently listened to "Requiem", beautiful :D ).

Posted on 7 July 2009 @ 14:25 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Ummm...

Well, I like bands like Nightwish, Moonspell, Turisas, Rammstein, Lacuna Coil, Deathstars...and some older stuff like Guns N Roses, Rainbow, Dio, Deep Purple, etc.

To name a few! :-)

Posted on 7 July 2009 @ 17:57 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hmm so many bands so little time. I love Rock and Instrumental the most. And my love for Rock goes from Black Sabbath, to Linkin Park. I even love underground bands like Tripped and Falling. My instrumental is like Joe Satriani, John Pretruuci etc

I love Metal but it gets specific to bands. Example I love Devil Driver but not Lamb of God. I don't rly know why but thats just how it is.

I think because I love Instrumental, I love classic music as well. I recently got into Piano Sonatas by Vladimir Ashkenazy

Having said all of this, Conscious and Reggae music has had an impact on my life as well.

Posted on 9 July 2009 @ 11:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Though I can grasp layering of thoughts and emotions, I still find it incredible that individuals can adhere to such a broad taste in sounds. Meaning, people can like different music or limit themselves to certain type of music.

Thoughts on my own.

Music to me is always about the flow and connection. No particular type can truly hold me. Only particular tunes can affect me given the situation and mood.

Some tunes I have enjoyed:

"Bed Time Stories" by Madonna, "Je Te Rends Ton Amour" by Mylene Farmer, "Mood Swings" by LTJ Bukem, "Protection" by Massive Attack, "Pulse" by Sharon Apple, "Relax" by Blank & Jones, "Salt Water Fish" by Ruby, "Stella" by Jam & Spoon, "Velveteen" and "Cyberbird" by Yoko Kanno/Ilaria Graziano, "Osanpo Tachikoma" by Yoko Kanno, "Minerva" and "Change" by Deftones", "Reimari" by Blamstrain (Thinner), "Unistar" by Binf (Miasmah), "Water Shows The Hidden Heart" by Enya

Rain drops are also a nice way to relax.

Posted on 10 July 2009 @ 1:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Old school nasty FUNK! Parliment, Sly and the Family Stone, even Prince can throw down on his old stuff!

But I have a steady diet of Aerosmith and some of the other rockers like them.

I'm digging Beck and the Gorillaz too. Being a musician, it's hard for me to just listen...I have to dissect it all up in my head...so I tend to go for what is most familiar to me for listening.

Posted on 10 July 2009 @ 1:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Being an oldie i love anything Motown! Jazz, and the Old Crooners like Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jnr, anything from the 60s i loved i also like some of today's artist too like Michael Buble, Duffy, Nickelback, Going back to the 80s i am going to see Duran Duran next week now that will be one for the memory books! i just love music in general and depending on your mood i think we can all find something to lift it.

Gina

Posted on 10 July 2009 @ 8:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I bet you're not as old as me Gina!

Anyway, I think one could say I have varied taste. Vangelis, Queen, Simple Minds, Genesis, Bryan Adams, 'The Trap' (composed by Ron Goodwin and otherwise known as the music to the London Marathon), Tina Turner, INXS, Duran Duran and for classical stuff Bedrich Smetana, 'The Moldau' being my favourite of his compositions.

Phil

Posted on 10 July 2009 @ 9:9 (London time) - permalink

QuirkLadyQuirkLady, posted over a year ago

I love electro, baltimore club and house music - like Emynd, Deadmau5, Diplo, HiJack, DJ Technics. There is nothing like a good dance tune in the world. I get happy just hearing a strong beat.

Posted on 12 July 2009 @ 0:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I’m loving Kasabian’s “Fire “at the moment. Ha! Vangelis, Uncle Phil, now that’s a blast from the past. Talking about blasts from the past, I loved Transvision Vamp “I want your love”, Roxette, INXS , Midnight oil ,Technotronic ‘s “Like this”, Rough Traders “Voodoo Child”,Goldfrapp “Ride a white horse” don’t forget Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Limp Bizkit, Def Leppard’s ” Rocket”, Marilyn Manson, Kings of Leon and Alice Cooper also love Nickelback Gina their song “If today was your last” What a fabulous song. My favourite, FAVOURITE song EVER is “I want to kiss you all over” by Exile Ha! And I thought I would throw in Boney M’s Daddy cool”

Posted on 12 July 2009 @ 10:16 (London time) - permalink

ilovebowsandcherriesilovebowsandcherries, posted over a year ago

i love kasabians new song fire

amazing song1

i love the kings of leon.

sum 41 nickleback are good! the script, limp bizkit, lil wayne, la roux, tinchystryder ft ndubz madina lake, enter shikari, queen, sting and the police, oasis, simply red, akon he does some good music :)

loads of bands ohh Stereophonics :D manic street preachers.

i'll listen to ANYTHING

Posted on 16 July 2009 @ 11:23 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I with you on Kasabian's new song. I like Kings of leon, U2, Coldplay (going to see them in September :D )Snow patrol, The script, Beyonce, Rihanna, La roux, PCD, Black eyed peas, Linkin Park, Paramore. The list is endless really, I like most genres but my faves are R'n'B and soft rock. :)

Posted on 17 July 2009 @ 18:46 (London time) - permalink

Share BearShare Bear, posted over a year ago

Oooo- GinsengMeow, You like Ruby too? They're awesome- listen to Grace and Beefheart if you haven't listened beyond 'Salt Peter'! -That first album is divine though! :-)

Posted on 21 August 2009 @ 22:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I am quite surprised that someone else has actually heard of Ruby. It has been almost ten years since I stumbled on their tunes.

I will definitely give a listen to "Grace and Beefheart".

^o^

Posted on 23 August 2009 @ 8:56 (London time) - permalink

Share BearShare Bear, posted over a year ago

Aww- know what you mean- i remember being overjoyed when i saw a clipping for them taped to a friend's door! -and, yeh- that was 8/10 yrs ago too!

Still awesome though! -Let me now if you like! :-)

Posted on 23 August 2009 @ 19:50 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125013700000636!