New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > MJ

Go to latest mesage in thread

MJ

ladydelaladydela, posted over a year ago

hey did anyone hear about the death of micheal jackson?

Posted on 27 June 2009 @ 2:13 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

I think the whole world knows about it now. It's on every newspaper and newschannel, worldwide. Such a sad event. May he rest in peace and my heartfelt condolences to his family. Another entertainer who died after a courageous battle with cancer...is Farrah Fawcett. Gosh, she was a knockout and a very, very nice person. And yes, I did attempt her famous hairdo back in the late 70's. It never looked as good as her gorgeous mane, tho. ;)

Posted on 27 June 2009 @ 2:47 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Very sad indeed, what a worldwide star he was. And Farrah Fawcett is a loss as well; yes, it was expected but it is still a poignant story. (My attempts at her hairdo wound up looking like I had forgotten to brush my hair. I'm sure your hair looked beautiful, Irish!)

I have one more person I would like to pay tribute to: Dr. Jerri Nielsen, the courageous doctor who treated her own breast cancer at South Pole station in 1999 because the weather had locked the station in. She did her own biopsy and administered her own chemotherapy with the help of her colleagues there. She passed away on June 24, after the cancer returned in 2005. What a courageous woman, what an amazing story.

Posted on 27 June 2009 @ 3:18 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I remember her, Karen. I did not know she had passed away! How sad..but something tells she went stoically..accepting her fate and knowing she inspired many. I did see a documentary about her experience at the South Pole and she really touched me deeply, with her courage.

A writer, Phyliss Johnson said this, of Dr. Neilson and I quote:

"I wish that she could have died during a slow news week. In this week, when the newscasts are giving tribute to those who shared their gifts of laughter, music, and beauty, I wish that just a little more attention had been paid to Jerri Nielsen, who turned terror into teamwork, and who taught us how to find inner strength."

Dr Neilson..A remarkably, brave woman and may her light keep shining on!

Posted on 27 June 2009 @ 3:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I'm sorry guys, but I just can't get that worked up about the death of MJ. He caused his own problems. I can't help it that he never grew up. I guess that I feel sorry for him the way that I would for anyone who is as troubled as he was, but that is it.

I just saw on CNN that the US House of Representatives held a moment of silence for MJ. Big deal. How about holding a moment of silence for Farrah Fawcett, Dr. Nielsen and the millions of women who have or have died of breast cancer. Now that deserves recognition. Thanks for the info about Dr. Nielson. We had not heard that, but we remember the story. I can't believe it was that long ago.

Sorry for the rant.

Posted on 27 June 2009 @ 19:33 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I liked his music - particulary 'Earth Song' and 'Dirty Diana' (wonderful guitar on that one) but like TTM I can't get worked up about it either. If the various messages I've received on my mobile are anything to go by, it's Farrah Fawcett's fault. Apparently she arrived at the pearly gates to be met by St Peter, who said she was a very brave woman and he'd grant her one wish before she entered heaven. She said she hoped that all the little children in the world would be free from harm and *Poof!* MJ appeared behind her.

Posted on 28 June 2009 @ 12:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I agree with Troubledtoomuch aswell. It is sad and very unexpected but I'm not worked up over it. I don't usually about any celebrities really, I guess it's because I don't know them as a person, or I'm not a 'true' fan. Still, his music was really good. RIP MJ

Posted on 28 June 2009 @ 14:59 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125074299998232!